Oils,Pomades,Grease,Butters Oct 1 through Dec 31

Used Grapeseed Oil on top of my DC'er. Will try this out this Fall/Winter.

So, who else is currently doing this?

This is something new for me, so I am testing this method out.

After I rinse, I will apply an Oil with my Leave-In & Dry under dryer.

decided to give coconut oil another chance. used it years ago and didnt like it...back then i got refined coconut oil because it's the only one i could find in the store. this time i got extra virgin...so we'll see if it makes a difference.

also, has anyone here tried kinky curly perfectly polished oil? i bought some from target today.

ingredients: apricot oil, argan oil, abyssinian oil, wheat germ oil & natural fragrance

if you've tried it, how did you like it?

Imma pull out these 2 Oils I put in Applicator Bottles and didn't Label them and start using those on top of my DC'ers for Fall/Winter.:ohwell:

I just wish I knew what they were? I think Wheat Germ is one. Not sure what the other one is?:perplexed

But this (applying them on top of my DC'er) will be a great way to get rid of them.

Last night I sealed my ends with HH CYL. I thought I did a heavy application, but my hair is weighless and without a trace of scent. I also massaged JBCO into my hairline. I need another bottle.

Its also time for me to start seeping my next sulfur oil base with herbs. I'll probably start a hot castor oil infusion tonight.

Used: Claudie's Iman Butter and a touch of IPN's Tea-Lightful Shine. Will be using Claudie's Iman Butter for a while.

I need to be up in here. I have struggled with oils and butters during my entire hair journey. I'm still trying to figure them out. I bought a hair butter from Judy4All which was the best I ever used. Everything else has been too much for my hair. Maybe I can learn something in here. One of my problems is that I am too heavy handed.

Oils
1. sunflower oil
2. grapeseed oil
3. Castor oil mix for my scalp: castor oil, sunflower, grapeseed, olive oil, vitamin E
4. Coconut oil - need to see if I like it

Butters
1. I think I have a blend of cocoa butter and shea butter

Pomades
1. Jane Carter Nourish and Shine

Tonight I mixed unpetroleum jelly with olive oil, sunflower oil, grapessed oil to make a sealant.

I mixed the shea butter, coconut butter with coconut oil, castor oil, olive oil, sunflower oil and grapeseed oil to see if I could make a better version of a butter.

Sealed my ends with the unpetroleum mix.

faithVA

Welcome Lady!:blowkiss:

Really glad to have you. I hope you find something that works for your Hair.

You should try Hairitage Hydrations (ETSY) sometime.

They're affordable and small. So, you can try before you invest in a large jar of something.

^^Thanks. I will put that on my list. Not getting ready to buy anything yet until I figure out what the heck I'm doing :lol: I going to keep practicing with the stuff I already have.

Judy4All could just make my life simpler by selling product again :lol:

@faithVA

Was it something she made or a product that she sold from her Stash that worked so well for you faith?

It was something that she made. She used to make and sell products. I caught the tail end of it. She made this butter. It worked very well on my hair.

I know there are other products that will probably work. I will wait until next year though before I start experimenting with stuff.

Like usual I used my oil blend over top my delightfully delicious steamed dc. When I do that I don't oil rinse but I did seal my leave in with gleau.

I used jojoba, peppermint, and eucalyptus oils in my DC today. I used grapeseed oil as my sealant today.

yesterday i moisturized with the isha hair cream and sealed with my oil blend. prior to that 2 other times during the week i used quinoa and coffee balancing sealed with oil and 1x this week i used the pomade shop's plumeria rosemary pomade on my scalp. i'm washing my hair tonight and in the morning or afternoon tomorrow before i take down my twists i will moisturize with isha, quinoa coffee balancing or balancing ends insurance followed my my oil blend. i will use the pomade on my scalp.

Will use a little oil on top of my DC'er (Steaming).

Will use Christine Gant (Brown Butter Beauty's) Neem Oil with my Leave-In

Once dry will use either Claudie's Iman Butter or maybe HV's Almond Glaze.

Back