November 2006 Hits and Misses

HoneyDew

preciousjewel76 said:

I left one of the little travel sized bottle of this in my BF's shower a few weeks ago along with af ew of my other products. This past weekend, he said he had "tried" it and asked where can he buy a bottle. I looked in his shower and he used up my ENTIRE bottle. :eek:

macherieamour

HIT:

Aphogee Evening Primrose Shampoo- soft moisturized hair, some tangles but that could have been due to new growth

Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil in a jar-tiny bit after rollerset,very moisturizing

LaNecia

MonaLisa said:
Hair Heifer....didn't I say I was gonna send you some?! *sigh*
When I get some for me, I'll get for you..dang:look:

And no, I have no pride if somebody is giving NTM away for charity:p

:lol: I'm all "back of the bus" and ish, I'm just now seeing this!!

When you gonna go shopping?!! I NEED to try this stuff. I still can't find it! ***impatiently taps foot on the floor***

PS, did you get your invitation?

KathyMay

Hit: Kemi Oyl Conditioning spray my hair is soft after using this. It makes me want to throw my S curl away

100% shea butter- I love this with water and the Kemi Oyl spray. So so so soft.

Huge Miss for me during this month ordering hair products online: never again

1st -BBD stretch cream received it finally after waiting 6 weeks

2nd-ShopDr 11/13 I ordered a sample size of Lacio Lacio and Capillo y Sole con. Items are on back order maybe I will receive my package before 2007

3rd-Ebay order of Sunsilk Amla shampoo, I was out of town when the post office dropped it off and I had the card but lost that then I called the post office to see if they had my package and they lost it!!!

Three strikes I am out. This is curbing my PJism.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

MISS:

Ordering from Sheldeez (sp?)

They are BAD!!! Charged my card for items that are not available, not returning phonecalls or emails, shipping the things that were available weeks after I placed the order - LADIES, DO NOT ORDER FROM SHELDEEZ!!!

Namilani

:) HIT: KeraCare leave-in on dry hair.
;) Probably a hit: Corioliss 1" Ceramic flat iron
:mad: Miss: My du-rag. My edges are falling apart after looking so good for so long. All of a sudden it doesn't cover them. Also, me being sick on a lot of meds :(. Between the meds and not gotting the rest I need, I don't feel too hot nor does my hair...

prettywhitty

Hit: ORS Normal relaxer. Has done an excellent job of correcting my extremely underprocessed hair.

Revisited: Eulence Moisture Conditioner: Works great as a leave in for my ends.
So So: Hello Hydration. I'm planning on combining it with other stuff to use it.

No misses for this month, but since Decemcer starts tomorrow, maybe I'll have some then.
I can't beleive a Hit or Miss December thread hasn't started yet!:)

HoneyDew

Miz Jackson said:
Hit: ORS Normal relaxer. Has done an excellent job of correcting my extremely underprocessed hair.

Revisited: Eulence Moisture Conditioner: Works great as a leave in for my ends.
So So: Hello Hydration. I'm planning on combining it with other stuff to use it.

No misses for this month, but since Decemcer starts tomorrow, maybe I'll have some then.
I can't beleive a Hit or Miss December thread hasn't started yet!:)

I know! Normally we are already talking baout what we are going to buy! :)

Proudpiscean

Hit: BB oil moisturizer (pink & white bottle)
Vo5 conditioners for co-washes! I like it better than suave now :grin:

No misses this month!

gimbap

I just started really caring for my hair, and I bought A LOT this month, thanks mainly to the suggestions on this board

Hits:
-Elasta QP mango butter
-Organics Leave-In Liquid Hair Mayo
-Motions CPR
-Silk Elements Lye Mild Relaxer
-BB Super Gro Lite Grease (yeah yeah whatever! it works 4 me!)
-Doo-Gro Mega Thick Growth Oil

Revisited Hits:
-Queen Helene Cholesterol, now being used for conditioning washes, I <3 this stuff

Middle of the Road:
-Elasta QP DPR-11... i liked it at first, now I dont know..its too thick, doesnt seem to do anything

Misses:
-Sally's generic silk therapy...yuk

I Bought, but I haven't tried:
-Hair Mayo (actually, its on my hair now)
-Fantasia Heat Protector stuff...in the pink tube

And some other stuff that I cant seem to remember!

lana

Hit!!!!

I bought the trial pack of Redken Smooth Down (conditioner and smooth treat) BOY OH BOY - this stuff works on my 4a/b natural hair. It smoothed the cuticle and helped keep my hair flat-ironed straight (*by my maxiglide) all week! It works better than any other thing I've tried (and I've tried a lot - Loreal, Paul Mitchell, Frizz Ease and the list goes on) this beat everything else hands down!!! I'm in love. So today I bought the Shampoo and Conditioner and Smooth Treat for only $16.99.

Miss!!! Ulta sells a flat iron for $24 bucks that is sleeker and just as good as the Maxiglide (October hit for me) The Miss is that I bought the maxiglide instead for $80. But I love my Maxiglide and don't regret the purchase. I just missed that other iron which I would have tried out first.

Lastly - I love Ulta!

gimbap

lana said:
Miss!!! Ulta sells a flat iron for $24 bucks that is sleeker and just as good as the Maxiglide (October hit for me) The Miss is that I bought the maxiglide instead for $80. But I love my Maxiglide and don't regret the purchase. I just missed that other iron which I would have tried out first.

Lastly - I love Ulta!

Can you post a link from the ulta website? I love ulta too!

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
B_Phlyy said:
Hits
Pantene Intensiv Moisture Conditioner
L'Oreal True Match Color Hydra Glosss Conditioner (this came in the box with the True Match hair dye, which I didn't use, but the conditioner was great.)
Samy Smooth Conditioner
Revisited
Pre-pooing with Suave Tropical Coconut

On the Fence
Profectiv Breakfree Daily Leave-In Strengthener -I just started using it, so I'll give a final verdict at the end of the month.

Okay, Final Verdict

Hits
All of the above plus
Profectiv Breakfree Daily Leave-In Strengthener - I actually don't have to seal with oil when I use this

Misses
Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner - It worked well a few months ago, but I think that was because my hair was more damaged then and anything would have helped.

crlsweetie912

B_Phlyy said:
Okay, Final Verdict

Hits
All of the above plus
Profectiv Breakfree Daily Leave-In Strengthener - I actually don't have to seal with oil when I use this

Misses
Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner - It worked well a few months ago, but I think that was because my hair was more damaged then and anything would have helped.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I love this stuff. Sorry it didn't work for you!:(

asubeauty

MISS: Elasta QP DPR 11. This stuff did nothing for my hair. After all the raves it got, I was doing to try it to help soften my NG... but it didn't help at all. I guess it's back to the NTM hair mask.

dynamic1

Hit: Samy Curls Define & Extend Creme

Not sure if I have posted this one before because it was just okay the 1st time I tried it in the summer. Yesterday was much better -soft, elongated curls and frizzies. It has good penetration as well so I didn't have to apply it in sections.

Tee

New month. Glad to see Novemember was (for the most part) good to you all. See you on the Dec Thread. ;)

omnipadme

HIT- glycerin, love'n it for the winter time!

MISS- Elasta QP DR-11
-total waste of cash. even mixed with EVOO, did nothing. I'm sticking with ORS hair mayonaise, never fails

Nita81

:)Hits: Avocado butter--great for shine and sealing.
Remington Tourmaline Hair Dryer--awesome dryer and it didn't break my bank 34.99@Bed, Bath, and Beyond!
Henna--Cassia to be exact. I mixed mine with amla power. Enhanced shine and strength. Even my hairdresser(my sew-in lady) noticed

:mad:MIsses: None

:confused:On the Fence: Shealoe butter--I like this more for my body than my hair. The shine was wonderful but it felt a little on the greasy side for my hair.

Last edited:

Tee

Did anyone post a new Dec thread???

ETA: I found it! Going to catch up now.

Last edited:

Miss*Tress

ORS Olive Oil in the jar was a great big miss for me. I should never have been unfaithful to my ORS Carrot Oil.

swtgalnj

Motions

Misses: Motions Lavish Conditioning Shampoo and After Shampoo Conditioner:ohwell:

Both left my hair feeling matted after I washed it out. I had to use cream of nature shampoo to reverse the damage.