November 2006 Hits and Misses

preciousjewel76

You know this thread will be crazy by the end of the week. I'm sure the PJs among us won't disappoint!;)

(And I am LOVING the "Jem" pic in your siggy, Nita! That was my favorite 80s cartoon!)

Nita81

preciousjewel76 said:
You know this thread will be crazy by the end of the week. I'm sure the PJs among us won't disappoint!;)

(And I am LOVING the "Jem" pic in your siggy, Nita! That was my favorite 80s cartoon!)

I'm waiting on my avocado butter and shealoe butter from FNWL.com. Looks like it will be Nov. when I get it. Then I can post whether it was a hit or miss;)

Namilani

I'll have all of my ingredients for my "Kemi Oyl" in November, so I'll post about that! I'm not trying anything new except for Humecto in the tub. Been bottling it for too long...
Ummm...

Oh, I'm sorry! I'm already lying to ya'll and I'm new :lol: !! I'm trying the KeraCare hairdress, essential oils, soft holding spritz, a new dryer... Ya'll get the point :lachen: !! Is Irby's okay to order from?

Nanyanika

For November month, I will be trying Joico chelating conditioner, motions CPR and motions moisture plus conditioners. Also revisting profectiv Healthy ends and ORS HAIR MAYONNAISE. I will also be purchasing amino 1500 and b-complex to help acheive my waist-length goal within the next six months.

Last edited:

BronzyBella

Hit: Silk Elements Mega Cholestoral treatment. It added elasticity to my dry, stiff hair.

Miss: African Pride Miracle Gro. It's petrolatum/mineral oil based and contains big chunks of rosemary, tree bark, or whatever...it just sits on the hair and make it look oily/dirty. I picked it up because I had amazing results with African Pride Hair Creme w/ olive oil and rosemary.

Allandra

Nita81 said:
I really wanted to start a Hits and Misses thread!!!! Can you say eager:lachen::lachen:
Umm, yeah, you are pretty darn early. When I saw the title to this thread, I was like, geez, it's ONLY October 30. :lachen::lol:

divinefavor

Princess Pie said:
I'm going to try Aveda Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate as a pre poo this month... I'm really excited!

Is this the same as the Aveda Sap Moss pre-poo treatment that I saw on the website? I am thinking about purchasing the whole Sap Moss line. I have friend who has fine hair like me and she's been using Sap Moss for years and her hair always looks good. I've been using Aveda DR and love it, but it's so expensive. However, I purchased it in April and I'm just now running low on the conditioner and treatment, so it was money well spent.

Princess Pie

divinefavor said:
Is this the same as the Aveda Sap Moss pre-poo treatment that I saw on the website? I am thinking about purchasing the whole Sap Moss line. I have friend who has fine hair like me and she's been using Sap Moss for years and her hair always looks good. I've been using Aveda DR and love it, but it's so expensive. However, I purchased it in April and I'm just now running low on the conditioner and treatment, so it was money well spent.
Yeah, it's the same one. I recently accepted that my hair is fine too, and a friend recommended it. I also ordered the whole DR line, Elixir leave-on, and Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer... so my credit card is telling me I need to wait until December to try the rest of the Sap moss line.:ohwell:

divinefavor

Princess Pie said:
Yeah, it's the same one. I recently accepted that my hair is fine too, and a friend recommended it. I also ordered the whole DR line, Elixir leave-on, and Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer... so my credit card is telling me I need to wait until December to try the rest of the Sap moss line.:ohwell:

Wow girl!!! You bought a lot!!! You're going to like the DR line!!!

crlsweetie912

Talipoohz_Momma said:
I'll have all of my ingredients for my "Kemi Oyl" in November, so I'll post about that! I'm not trying anything new except for Humecto in the tub. Been bottling it for too long...
Ummm...

Oh, I'm sorry! I'm already lying to ya'll and I'm new :lol: !! I'm trying the KeraCare hairdress, essential oils, soft holding spritz, a new dryer... Ya'll get the point :lachen: !! Is Irby's okay to order from?

Irby's is great. I got my Keracare essential oils from them for a steal! It costs 25.00+ for a bottle of it here. I got it for 16.00!:D

preciousjewel76

Karma1981 said:
Hit: Silk Elements Mega Cholestoral treatment. It added elasticity to my dry, stiff hair.

Miss: African Pride Miracle Gro. It's petrolatum/mineral oil based and contains big chunks of rosemary, tree bark, or whatever...it just sits on the hair and make it look oily/dirty. I picked it up because I had amazing results with African Pride Hair Creme w/ olive oil and rosemary.

Is that the grease in a jar? I remember trying that years ago. It smelled great, but yeah, those "chunks" of...stuff (pieces of herbs???) were ridiculous. They would scratch my scalp and get tangled in my hair. Ewwwww!

atlien11

Hit: Umm..its not even November yet so i have no idea :ohwell: :look:

Miss: Any "FOLICA GRAB BAG OFFERS" :mad: Ok sorry but i am still mad about what i got :mad:

AtlantaJJ

Princess Pie said:

I have fine hair too so when I stop "hiding" my hair I will use the DR line for my "down" hair dos .... Great tip! For now it's all about growing, and conditioning. I want LENGTH! ;-)

erin558

Karma1981 said:

LMAO I REMEMBER THIS STUFF!

Tee

crlsweetie912 said:
This is sad. We need a PJ 12-step program.

Waiting for Letitia! :)

Awhh man. You know I laughed for real. You knew it wouldn't take long.
I am going to be good this month. (I think)

Yes OT, you were Early and Eager. giggles.

Tee

atlien11 said:
Hit: Umm..its not even November yet so i have no idea :ohwell: :look:

Miss: Any "FOLICA GRAB BAG OFFERS" :mad: Ok sorry but i am still mad about what i got :mad:

Love your new lacefront!
(it looks so natural. if you hadn't said it, I wouldn't have known.)

crlsweetie912

Letitia said:
Awhh man. You know I laughed for real. You knew it wouldn't take long.
I am going to be good this month. (I think)

Yes OT, you were Early and Eager. giggles.

LOL:lol:
But I don't have any products to post!
until Wednesday when I get paid! LOL! :sekret:

preciousjewel76

I think I might just stop by Sally's on Wednesday, just to get some new stuff to try out for this thread!

*sings*I'm goin' back to Sally's....Sally's...Sally's...I'm goin' back to Sally's (hmmmph, I don't think so):grin: :lol:

SilverSurfer

HIT:
Garnier Fruitis Shampoo and Conditioner is a definite hit...the smell is heavenly
Organic Roots hair mayo is also a hit..hair was super soft

MISS: Organic Roots Lock and Twist Gel - it made my hair crunchy and hard and possibly itchy

ONDAFENCE: Infusium 23 Leave In - Only because my scalp is itching but I'm not sure if it's from the Lock and Twist Gel or from this one. I will retry this again just to be sure but if it's not the culprit then me likes..me likes