November 2006 Hits and Misses

AtlantaJJ

Re: SALERM VEGETABLE PLACENTA RESTRUCTURER

crlsweetie912 said:
I gotta start trying more of the salerm products. AtlantaJJ check sickbay.biz. That's where I get my salerm leave in from!

ETA: Sickbay doesn't have it. Is this it?
http://www.justbeautyproducts.com/proddetail.cfm?ItemID=185&CategoryID=2

PJ On the CASE! Pladdow - - >> http://www.justbeautyproducts.com/salerm.cfm
all the Salerm you ever wanted but was afriad to ask!

I'm going to get this and do my own treatments, they have several different kinds!

MY inner PJ is going WILD!:lol:

CAPlush

AtlantaJJ said:
PJ On the CASE! Pladdow - - >> http://www.justbeautyproducts.com/salerm.cfm
all the Salerm you ever wanted but was afriad to ask!

I'm going to get this and do my own treatments, they have several different kinds!

MY inner PJ is going WILD!:lol:

I hope you like it hon! Report back when you get a chance to use it. :D It should make your roller sets fantabulous!!!

AtlantaJJ

CAPlush said:
I went to the Salerm Salon. She put about half a vial in my hair as a leave in before roller setting. I picked up the package to see what it was when she wasn't looking. I'm going back for another treatment in 3 weeks. I'm so proud of how my hair turned out, I was bold enough to post a pic. My hair was a bit too soft to hold the style, but still absolutely no breakage.

ETA: I just took my wrap down to make sure I'm not lying to you all. Again, no breakage and no shed hairs either. I combed lightly with a wide-tooth though. My hair was ravaged by a bad relaxer in August, so this is a really big deal for me!
Great Detective work BatWoman, you solved the case!- - brought the info back to your fellow PJ's you are my hero!!

Qetesh

Hits-

Beyond the Zone noodle head- this stuff works great with my hair, I can do a braid out in 2 large braids and still come out with beautiful curls the next morning, and it lasts until I wash my hair.

Beyond The Zone stiff head sick- This stick will straighten my edges, all I have to do is put some on and brush my hair straight and it stays, I can see myself using this even when my hair is pressed.

Hello Hydration- This stuff moisturizes and I like the smell. It leaves my hair soft, also great for condish washes.

Hung Jury-

Pantene Extra Liso- I so wanted this to work, and its not horrible but it tends to leave my hair filmy. I may give it a few more tries and try it differently but so far this stuff isn’t doing it for me. The first time I used it I liked it but I had my hair in small braids and took it out it wasn’t really defining my curls more jus clumping my hair together which looked ok then but after a roller set with it I am disappointed.

crlsweetie912

VWVixxen said:
:lachen: Have you no pride woman?!!! :lol:

I went looking for the ORS Olive Oil Serum, no dice...I guess that's a good thing! :grin:

VW, I saw it and looked a couple of times before I realized it wasn't the IC Olive Oil Serum. I didn't buy though so I am getting better. I already have the IC serum and it's the truth! I have only seen it in one BSS here so I don't think that it's widely available yet. It's also not on their website.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Revisited Hit: I decided to revisit Qhemet Biologic's Amla and Olive heavy cream....I likey :yep: my hair originally rebelled, seemed like everytime it touched my hair I'd start shedding like crazy :eek: (which is why I listed as a miss in the October thread) once I started mixing the products like she suggested on her webpage my hair started immediately responding positive and it's been working for me great every since and it's absolutely amazing on my daughter's hair :love: and that Sidr Tree Butter OMG :drool: 2 :up: for the Honey and Olive hydration balm.

On the fence: Amla Oil pomade :perplexed

MonaLisa

VWVixxen said:
:lachen: Have you no pride woman?!!! :lol:

I went looking for the ORS Olive Oil Serum, no dice...I guess that's a good thing! :grin:

Hair Heifer....didn't I say I was gonna send you some?! *sigh*
When I get some for me, I'll get for you..dang:look:

And no, I have no pride if somebody is giving NTM away for charity:p

IrisDaVirus

HUGE HIT

Herbal Essences None Of Your Frizziness Conditioner - As much as I liked the Hello Hydration, I liked this one even better. :up:

Hair Peace

Hit:
Shea Moisture's Shea Butter leave-in con. My mom just gave me 2 bottles of it b/c it was too heavy for her hair. But I think this is what's going to get me through these rough Michigan winters! I use it to seal in my NTM Silk-touch. Has anyone else tried this? www.sheamoisture.com

Misses:
None this month, but I can fill somebody's charity bag with all the stuff I've tried and didn't like in the past!

saqqara

EMJazzy said:
Revisited Hit: I decided to revisit Qhemet Biologic's Amla and Olive heavy cream....I likey :yep: my hair originally rebelled, seemed like everytime it touched my hair I'd start shedding like crazy :eek: (which is why I listed as a miss in the October thread) once I started mixing the products like she suggested on her webpage my hair started immediately responding positive and it's been working for me great every since and it's absolutely amazing on my daughter's hair :love: and that Sidr Tree Butter OMG :drool: 2 :up: for the Honey and Olive hydration balm.

On the fence: Amla Oil pomade :perplexed

These are da bomb products! I knew you would like them!!!!:yay:

omnipadme

now that it's colder, my hair is loving the Honey and Olive Balm by Qhemet. Does any1 else find themselves being followed by bees though? lol. Maybe that honey is a tad bit too fresh...

seymone

November, I will be trying Salerm 21, Hot 8 oil, Infusium leave in, ORS Olive Deep Conditioning. After my colon cleanse, I will be starting my vitamin regime of Biotin 1000mcg, MSM powder, Silica Gel, Horsetail, Shen Min, and lastly B-Complex.. I am on my way to brastrap length....:D

adw425

This is so funny to me that this thread is 20 pages long on November 17th...

Hits

Nature's Gate Rainwater Sea Kelp and Aloe Conditioner
Using Alvita nettle tea as a hair tonic, rinse, leave-in
Africa's Best Organics Mayonnaise, especially when I add an egg to it

Misses

None

Just Received from Oils By Nature

Hemp Seed Oil

Neem Oil (I mostly bought it because I had great success with aloe vera and coconut oil on my little foster doggie who had hair loss from flea-bite dermatitis; some of the other volunteers also had doggies with hair loss and I kept telling them about my success with the aloe and coconut oil, but they didn't listen and my doggie's hair grew back fully in three weeks. I had been reading alot about neem and its properties, so I thought it would be good to have some on hand if I get another foster cocker spaniel in the same shape. Then, I thought I could use it in one of my oil mixes, but I don't know...it really stinks -- it is sealed and I can still smell it. I am not that sensitive to smell, but this is pungent...).

preciousjewel76

Yeah, neem is STRONG! I used to use a face mask (from Bath & Body Works) that had neem in it and I could smell it for hours after I rinsed it off. It has a very medicinal/astringent smell. I don't think you could get close to your doggies with that stuff!:lol:

adw425 said:
This is so funny to me that this thread is 20 pages long on November 17th...

Hits

Nature's Gate Rainwater Sea Kelp and Aloe Conditioner
Using Alvita nettle tea as a hair tonic, rinse, leave-in
Africa's Best Organics Mayonnaise, especially when I add an egg to it

Misses

None

Just Received from Oils By Nature

Hemp Seed Oil

Neem Oil (I mostly bought it because I had great success with aloe vera and coconut oil on my little foster doggie who had hair loss from flea-bite dermatitis; some of the other volunteers also had doggies with hair loss and I kept telling them about my success with the aloe and coconut oil, but they didn't listen and my doggie's hair grew back fully in three weeks. I had been reading alot about neem and its properties, so I thought it would be good to have some on hand if I get another foster cocker spaniel in the same shape. Then, I thought I could use it in one of my oil mixes, but I don't know...it really stinks -- it is sealed and I can still smell it. I am not that sensitive to smell, but this is pungent...).

adw425

preciousjewel76 said:
Yeah, neem is STRONG! I used to use a face mask (from Bath & Body Works) that had neem in it and I could smell it for hours after I rinsed it off. It has a very medicinal/astringent smell. I don't think you could get close to your doggies with that stuff!:lol:

Being able to smell it through the sealed bottle is very telling (smile)... I don't know about this stuff...I think it will go in the garage with the pine tar and I will stick to the aloe and coconut oil.

shunta

Misses:

Nexxus Humectress- Wanted to revisit again since so many people love it, but it doesnt do ish to my hair!!!:mad: I think I might trash it.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Hits
Pantene Intensiv Moisture Conditioner
L'Oreal True Match Color Hydra Glosss Conditioner (this came in the box with the True Match hair dye, which I didn't use, but the conditioner was great.)
Samy Smooth Conditioner
Revisited
Pre-pooing with Suave Tropical Coconut

On the Fence
Profectiv Breakfree Daily Leave-In Strengthener -I just started using it, so I'll give a final verdict at the end of the month.

ichephren

Hits:
Ion's Shine Drops serum made my hair extra shiny and soft after a rollerset. It has hydrolyzed silk in it, muy bueno :)
Rediscovered Aveda's Elixir: gives hair moisture and helps to define my curls
Carel's bonnet dryer: wasn't expecting this to do the job, but it did and I was so much happier 'cause I didn't have to sit under a hot a** dryer.

No misses yet :clap:

DreamLife

MonaLisa said:
I remember years ago....this ish broke my hair off and dried it out like a muther!:mad:

Stay away people...stay farrrrrrrrrr away.....

Ahhh maybe thats why my hair started breaking off(the soft sheen carson moisturizing lotion)! Anything with a lotion in it does NOT work for me!

Last edited:

gharp001

Hits:
AO-Island Naturals Conditioner:notworthy
Giovanni Leave-In
Blended Cutie Down & Out
Mastex Thermal Heat Cap

Miss:
Jessicurl Gelebration

Tee

shunta said:
Misses:

Nexxus Humectress- Wanted to revisit again since so many people love it, but it doesnt do ish to my hair!!!:mad: I think I might trash it.

Oh no, it hurt my heart you just said you might trash it.

Sorry it didnt work for you lady. *You can also use it as a leave to see if that works any better for you*

Trasha....*fall out and faints*

CAPlush

Hit:NTM deep conditioner. This will be the only moisture treatment I will use. The other 2 moisture treatments I had (DPR and Nexxus) were misses, and I don't feel like experimenting in this area any more.

Misses:
Bone Marrow protein treatment (it did not improve my hair, will stick with Aphogee even though it's a messy process)
Elasta qp dpr (what is this stuff supposed to do again???)