Never again...

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
I will never permanently color my hair again. I will never go over 2-3 months before I trim again. I will never try to use weave to grow my hair again.

natstar

I won't be bleaching my hair again
I won't constantly have my hair out. Buns work for me.
I wont henna again
I won't be going back to a stylist for anything but a trim or shape/cut. I treat my hair more gently than 98% of stylist i have been to

fatimablush

take "hair" vitamins to make hair grow. those large doses of biotin makes my skin look horrible. it doesn't matter if i take it with b complex or vitamin c or drink a ton of water.

use shea butter on my hair. it just sits there.

use food stuff on my hair..no:perplexed

jessicarabbit

Cut my hair again
Bleach It
Neglect it
let anyone abuse it while I sit there and watch.
But mainly, no more cutting/BCing

30something

I will never relax again, my relaxed hair was always so incredibly thin compared to my not so much even all that healthy natural hair. Lets not forget the extreme burn i experienced with a relaxer that no matter what I did still suffered from.

bronzephoenix

I will never go back to pjism or use a chemical/color in boredom. I will never cut my hair into a twa again.
Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I will never say never. I said, "I will never EVER relax my hair again ...blah blah blah...!!! ".

Now look at me. My hair is relaxed...and I couldn't be happier. :saythat:

True dat. I spend less time and my hair AND scalp are happy. I was worried for a bit, cause they have issues. My scalp likes air and my hair hates manipulation. Texlaxing is the happy medium.

niknakmac

I can say this for sure:

I will never rock a twa again.

I loved it the first time around. This time waiting for m hair to grow in is like watching paint dry... NOT happening ever again.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
After over a year of getting my hair abused I have decided to never go to a Dominican salon again. It isn't just the heat that turned me off, but the rough detangling from the root to tip. Oh hell no!

From now on I will go to healthy hair salons even if it costs more.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
If I could my own blowouts I would @Leo24Rule. I do my own color, deep treatments, braids and trims. Blowing out these microscopic kinks is quite the task lol. I will try it again eventually.

I need to buy a comb attachment for my blowdryer. She used that on my hair last time and it got pretty straight

Leo24Rule

@Prettymetty I understand the desire to going to the salon to be pampered and not doing your own hair. I couldn't agree with you more on that one and how certain hairstylist have a way with hair in a good way of getting it bone straight and so pretty. But think of how you could learn to do your own hair and save money!

I haven't set foot into a salon since maybe the early 2000's when a new salon was opening up and was handing out flyers for FREE PRESS & CURLS. I get there, I take down my hair and told I can't get the promotion on the flyer because it's too long. I was so excited as a kid, but to be told that my heart just sank & I felt devastated. THEY LIED TO ME! So from now on I believe all Black owned salons have stylists who make up prices in their head as if to pay some bill that's due (lol)

Whatever you decide to do...continue to do you. To each his own.

alex114

So for me...hmm.
1. I will never dye my hair, unless it's with henna or an ayurvedic coloring system.
2. I will never add pure coconut oil back into my regimen.
3. I will never stop putting protein leave-ins on my ends twice a week.

To be honest, I think that's it. I am considering texlaxing or texturizing my hair maybe after I graduate from law school (should be about 4 years from now). I am 4C, so with that level of shrinkage, it is highly dangerous for me to wear my hair out for more than 3-5 days at a time. I've basically been in protective styles 90% of the time since I started transitioning 2 years ago.
Even my cornrows look like they're shoulder length because they just curl up, when my hair at last stretch has hit BSL. I don't care about completely straightening my hair, but I know at some point I'm going to want to just be able to wear my hair out and actually be able to manage it without cornrows, box braids or other long term-protective styles. I love wigs though, so right now I'm pretty happy with that type of regimen.