Confessions:Tell what you'll NEVER do again

LongCurlyLocks

I will NEVER PUT A RELAXER IN MY HAIR EVER AGAIN!!!! My last relaxer was in March 07.

Also, I will never put braids/twists (extensions) in my hair EVER AGAIN!!!!

Ditto!!! I kick myself everytime I think about all the damage I did myself too-self perms overprocessing-bad weaves, cornrows and micros.

Ivy Santolina

I will never/ever:
1) Comb a texturizer through my hair - I don't care what the instructions say. The first time I applied the Just for Me Texturizer I followed the instructions exactly. I used my shower detangling comb and I ended up with hair all over the place. I cried. The next time I applied it - 12 weeks later - my hair came out just fine with out combing it through.

2) Leave 2-strand twists in my hair for more than 2 weeks. I wore a twist-out for Christmas after having twists for 3 weeks. I got a lot of compliments on my twists and twist out. However, detangling my hair last night was a nightmare. Three weeks of shedding at one time was too much for me. I just about had a nervous breakdown. Unfortunately, the shedding and breakage continued through the washing, protein treatment, DC and styling. I was planning on texturizing my hair on the 30th of this month but depending on how my scalp feels I may wait a couple of weeks. I just hit 12 weeks post texturizer today.

3) Apply a high glycerin product to my hair as a thermal shield. I just read on NaturallyCurly.com that glycerin transmits heat and it shouldn't be on the hair prior to thermal straightening. Or, another product that will thermally shield the hair should be applied on top of the glycerin. I wish I knew that. I thought my hair was too wet when I damaged it with my Remington Wet-to-Dry flat iron. Now I believe the damage was caused by my "heat shield". It contained a lot of glycerin. I believe glycerin was either the 2nd or 3rd ingredient. I had to cut off my severely damaged ends so I lost some growth gained using MegaTek.

Last edited:

luxe.li.

1. I will never dye my hair 3 times in one month, and then turn around and relax my hair. It stretched and snapped off while I was washing.

2. I will never put a relaxer in my hair again, so 1. will never happen.

3. I love dying my hair, although it is a chemical process, but I will not dye my hair more than 1 in 2 months. Meaning if I dye my hair black this month and I want to dye it again I'll atleast wait 2 months or more before I decide to do it again.

4. I will never dye my hair a light color ontop of black just because of the dreaded green look. I'll wait til the black dye grows out.

5. I will never let a stylist bully me into doing something I don't want too, like a trim or a relaxer.

6. I want to say I will never let a stylist do my hair again, unless I have long long hair and decide to get a drastic cut, but that's highly unlikely.

7. I will never wear a wig again, even though its a simple fix to a bad hair day or short hair. I rather wear a hat.

Things I'm working on. I want to work on the "I will never get a sew-in or glued tracks again". Since my hair is quite short I might get a sew-in for pure vanity (which is bad) or sometimes I glue a track in the front of my head when my hair is straight to have that rock and rihanna look, but I only keep it in for 3 days.

Things I'm working on. Never putting heat on my hair every day, because when I wear my hair straight I currently bump my hair with the flat iron to keep the curl because its too short to roller set.

Things I want to try just because I'm curious. Bleaching, I have to wait til I grow the black dye out first. Or if not bleaching, dying it light brown with blonde streaks, just to see if I would like pretty or pretty ridiculous.

Things I want to become independent from. Braids of all kinds. Micros are my run and hide hairstyle when I'm tired of doing my hair, but honestly I want to get to the point where I will never have to rely on braids.

jazzzmoods

I will NEVER cut my hair short....not because I am bored, want a new look, experiencing shedding, not for ANY reason. When I look at pictures from 1 year ago.....dec 2007.....I am between SL and APL.....sigh

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I'll never use a curling iron again, haven't used one in over a year.

I'll never dye my hair again, actually a stylist did it and I hated it.

luxe.li.

I remember another one.

NEVER SPRiTZ. When I was relaxed and I think I was a freshman in college, like 3.5 years ago, I wanted to wear spiral curls without rollersetting because 1. I can't rollerset to save my life, and 2. I'm lazy and have no patience. I did spiral curls without the spritz and they fell out. I DRENCHED DRENCHED DRENCHED my hair in spritz and did the spirals and they came out nice except I fried my hair. I was taking a calculus test and I was thinking, I smelled burnt hair. I went home and washed my head and a handful of my hair came out.

yeah.

Twisties

here's one:

Wash my natural hair, go to bed with it OUT-no plaits or twists. Wake up and attempt to put a wig over the matted bush:lachen::blush:. Can we say cone head:lachen:.

monikr

daily (or almost daily) flat ironing. i didn't know any better and i went from NL to uneven ear in about 3 months.

one year later, i'm still paying for it. :wallbash:

L0veAlways

Im going natural and got lazy on my hair for awhile. I did not comb it out for days straight. Eventually, it broke my hair off and I ended up cutting it atleast 4 inches. My ends are still bad, but I did not want to do a BC all at once. :nono:

jazzzmoods

I will never go to bed without wrapping my hair or on a silk pillowcase. I NEVER do this....last night for some reason I did :0( and I feel like I dried my haor out significantly!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR ladies!

Nenah

1. Never go without combing my hair longer than a day. (causes to much shedding if I go longer)
2. Go without relaxing my hair longer than 12 weeks. (shedding)
3. Wearing pony tail holders to sleep. (breakage)

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
1. I will never wash without deep conditioning.

2. I will never dye my hair 2 weeks before relaxing my hair. (I went from past shoulder length to ear length in a matter of minutes.)

3. I will never use heat more then once a week.

BrooklynBeauty

1.Never wash my hair w/o conditioning afterwards
2.Never let a stylist "trim" my ends
3.Never try to stretch past 6 months(caused breakage)
4.Never use a hot comb(last time was a few yrs ago)
5.Never go to bed w/o my satin scarf
6.Never go longer than 1 day w/ o moisturizing

janeemat

*Never let an unfamiliar stylist relax my hair without a thorough investigation of there technique and work:nono: ( I learned this last yr in March)
*Never stretch 5 months or longer
*Never let an unfamiliar stylist trim my hair

hair4romheaven

NEVER go to a stylist just because she has been suggested on a hair board by so many for a relaxer. I ended up with a super combed right through to ends and she claimed healthy hair care practices from forums etc. SMH!!! it was suppose to be a texlax!
No more stylist! tis all. LOL

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I vow that I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER, EVER, EVER relax my hair again. Ever.

That's my word.

supermodelsonya

I will never ever relax bone straight. (Refer to first pic in siggy)

I will never use glue on extensions

I will never go longer than 2 weeks to wash my hair.

I will continue to fall more in love with my hair everyday.

Barbie83

I will NEVER EVER EVER attempt to lighten my color again. EVER. permanent color + relaxer = hair crumbling to bits and falling out :nono:
Since I'm relaxed, if I want highlights, I'll throw on a wig or some weave and keep it moving ;)

Last edited:

blueberryd

I will not go months and years without washing my combs and brushes again... :nono:

I am sooooooo guilty of never cleaning my brushes--TRIFLING, I know!!...and i never really notice it until somebody calls me out and embarrasses me--usually MY MOM lol!! I gotta work on that! :fistshake:

aquajoyice

I promised to never again do a 6 month stretch without fully detangling towards the end of the stretch. I promise to continue to wash twice a week no matter what. My hair likes being clean and detangled no matter how much new growth there is.

EssenceOfBeauty

Back in the pre-LHCF days, waaaay back, I used to....*cringing while typing* re-relax (from root to tip) on the same day when I felt the new growth wasn't 'relaxed' enough...:wallbash:...tsk tsk SMH! It's a miracle I am not bald today.

Anywhoo, you live, you find lhcf and then you learn:yep:

ebonimama

I will never...ever...ever again in my "long legged life" wear a WnG (wash and go). That stupid hairstyle set me back 2 years worth of growth and I am still suffering the after effects.

brianna-alyssa

I will NEVER relax my hair again! This natural journey is just TOO much fun. & in the long run I think natural hair will be easier.

Nameless

I will never ever relax bone straight. (Refer to first pic in siggy).

Wow, Supermodelsonya, your hair has really grown and looks healthier. Continue with the good work.

Back to the topic: I will never scratch my scalp like crazy especially a few days before a relaxer. It causes terrible scabs and scars. (I've stopped scratching after using the right products and clarifying with ACV. Thank you LHCF).

*CherryPie*

I will never use a waver again. I used it once or twice on the low setting. One day I noticed that my hair had broke off 3-4 inches in some areas. I had to cut all of my hair 3-4 inches.

LadyPaniolo

Use that evil Miss Clairol Dye. Hated that trip to the E.R.

Oh no! I guess you were allergic to it? Man oh man... that's awful.

As for myself, I will never do chemicals of any kind again. When I texlaxed last year I liked the result... but now I have SO MUCH breakage at the line of demarcation :cry3: and I can see how much thicker and healthier my natural hair is compared to the texlaxed :nono: I will be trimming off the texlaxed hair once I reach my goal length (classic).