Confessions:Tell what you'll NEVER do again

cocoaluv

I will NEVER relax my hair again! This natural journey is just TOO much fun. & in the long run I think natural hair will be easier.

OMG you are too cute.

I will never relax again. I will flat iron my hair or get a weave if I want straight hair again.

I will never again listen to people who have no idea what they are talking about tell me about my hair. I BC'ed and was told 1002328 different things by people who know nothing about everything and that just made me feel even worse.

beans4reezy

I will never, ever remove 3 month old, unwashed extensions from my hair, not properly detangle, and then go wash my hair thinking that water will just melt the tangles away. I needed a major hair cut because of that mess I did a few years back.

SelfStyled

I will never ever use permanent color EVER. My hair broke off from SL to EL in the sink.

I will never ever do another "corrective". They never take on my hair anyways. I have learned that my hair will only break down to texlaxed and that is good enough for me

caribeandiva

Human being
I'll never use PERMANENT hair color while my hair is relaxed. That's just asking to be plagued by breakage. I'm sticking to rinses until I go natural.

manter26

I will never experiment with hair color again. I used Perfect 10 after reading about it in a magazine. It smelled awful when I put it in my hair and it made my hair really stiff and dry. I thought it was supposed to be healthy color but it did a lot of damage. I'll stick to rinses from now on. I was relaxed at the time.

LaidBak

I will never use permanent color again. It dried my hair something awful.

I am a hot mess!! HOw come I colored my hair with permanet color 4 months ago. I did it on a whim. I wish I had recalled this thread. It didnt dry me out but I hated the color. So I dyed it AGAIN last month. Like I said, I am a hot mess. Never again!

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I will never use Aphogee 2 step every other week like I did in the beginning of my hair journey, and use a compound henna treatment.

Aviah

I don't think I'll ever relax again. All the fuss to keep it straight was probably killing my hair.
I will never flat iron every two weeks like I used to.
I will never relax and dye with bleach (combo) again.
I will never blow dry my hair straight again.
I cannot guarentee that I will not chop this mess from time to time though!
ETA: NO GREASE/PINK OIL FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE SO HELP ME GOD!

lovelynights

I'm natural now and but when i was relaxed i relaxed from root to tip every time:blush:. And had the nerve to get mad that i never and i mean never made it past sholder length.

shopgalore

I will never listen to my old hairdresser who said it was totally "fine" for me to take out the tiny long braids I had in for 3 months and within 20 mins give me a super designer touch relaxer!!!!!!!!

BrownSkinQT

1) I will never glue tracks in again. In 2005 i was going to a wedding with my so and didn't know how I was going to style my almost SL hair. I got the BRIGHT idea to have someone (non-professinal) glue in some tracks. Kept them in for about two weeks. When I took them out my hair stopped right at the base of my neck. Yeah I noticed but still didn't know what to do with my hair. So I go right back to the same person to have more tracks glued in. Now, the breakage was my fault for not taking care of my hair. So needless to say glue=ins were my style of choice for most of 2005 because of lack of hair care knowledge.

2) I will never THINK about using ScalpMed. It's similar to Rogaine. Yes I saw some results but once I stopped due to the cost, I had HBO (hair bailing out) like you wouldn't believe. Thin edges run in my family so I thought I could outsamrt my genes and take matters into my own hands. Wrong move. I started ScalpMed in May of 2008 and stopped in August 2008 and my edges are still scarce. I still try everything I can. I do see improvements from a year ago but the hair that grows in is really thin though.