Never again...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
ladies, what did the BC do to our hair?

Birth control screws with your hormones which affects hair growth. I was prescribed the Yaz pill, but after reading the side effects I decided against taking it. Shedding and weight gain is not a good look :nono:

greenandchic

I will never deep condition overnight. My hair was a bunch of wet overcooked noodles when I rinsed.

Then again, I should never say never. I thought I would never, ever relax my hair. 35 years later...:look:

FoxxyLocs

I'll never:

get a relaxer
depend on a stylist for haircare
wear shrunken styles - fro, puff, etc - too many tangles

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
l will never:

1. Relax/texlax my hair again. Nothing against relaxers, I just prefer being natural.

2. Use direct heat or straighten my hair again. I want my hair to be as healthy as possible and I won't risk heat damage. I doubt I'll be able to get super smooth straight hair without direct heat, so I'll be wearing curly, wavy, or natural styles.

3. Use silicones or sulfates again. My relaxed and natural hair do better without them.

4. Cowash. It irritates my scalp. On non poo days (sulfate free) I just rinse and condition instead.

I need to never skip moisturizing my hair and forgetting my vitamins, but I'll probably mess up more before that finally sticks.

Last edited:

leigh.hill

Geez I really thought this morning when my hair reaches a certain length that I was going to texlax...maybe not, but I know I will NEVER:

1. Use permanent dye - relaxed or natural left my hair ether DRY as a desert or GONE - broken off and laying on my bathroom floor.

2. Co-signing on the African braid shop. I found a lovely (African) woman in Raleigh that does braids in her house. No pulling. No bleeding.

3. Depend on a stylist to take care of my hair!

4. Sit in a salon for hour(s) though I've scheduled an appointment. NEV-A!!!

5. Wear a wig. Wear a wig when exercising. Wear a wig when teaching an exercise class.

6. Wrap my hair up when exercising, sweat, and then style my frizzy, dry, snank hair and leave the sweat, salt, and funk on my scalp for days.

7. Put food or beverages on my hair including but not limited to garlic, mayo, yogurt, coconut milk, egg, coffee, tea, and honey.

atlien11

I will never again allow a stylist to sit me under a dryer for 25-30 minutes with setting lotion in my hair, have it dry hard and brittle, and then proceed to rip through it with a paddle brush as they blow dry it straight.

Makes me cringe just thinking about it...what was i thinking back in the day :nono:

Last edited:

lookingforkeona

I'm only about 6 months into my natural hair journey so I don;t have a lot of "never agains."

1 thing I can say for sure is I'll never mistreat my hair the way I used to again. Even if I do relax it again, I'll never allow my hair to become as damaged as it was 6 months ago.

caliscurls

Relax my hair and therefore transition lol...unless I find that one rare stylist from my youth (doubtful)
Abuse heat ( I will definitely be using it just responsibly )
Doubt my hairs ability to grow long
Randomly by products without looking at the ingredients
Ignore signs my hair or scalp is having a bad reaction to something no matter how much I paid for it
Get mini twists or braids...I wish I could wear them but my hair is too fine
Wear tight buns for days on end and wonder why my edges look crazy
Cut, trim, or dust with dull or non-hair scissors

Last edited:

EnExitStageLeft

Never again will I

1. Use cones on my hair on a regular basis. Its ok for heat styling, but other then that...YOU GOOD!

2. Transition again. I've already done it twice....I'm over it. If I ever get that relaxer itch and decide to return to natural I will be buzzing it to a funky TWA.

3. Go without using gel. The stuff is amazing.

4. Let my hair stash get this huge. I love it, but ummmmm.....its outrageous.

kennylee2013

I will never Big Chop again. I don't like short hair and the inbetween stages are the worst

Iwill never trust another hairdresser again with my hair. thanks to LHCF I am more informed.

tru4reele

Basically cosigning with everyone else's never agains.... I will never.... 1) I can say with full certainty that I will never relax my hair ever again 2) Get a Keratin treatment 3) NEVER, EVER bleach my hair...EVER 4) Use hair glue to apply tracks (havent dont this in almost 10 years though) 5) Blow dry my hair on high after washing it then flat iron it on the highest setting... 3-4 times a week. (I don't know what I was thinking) 6) Think that my hair is not as good as anyone else's 7) Think that my hair can't grow to HL 8) Let my hair define my beauty 9) Not treat my hair with the utmost care 10) Allow the women at the braiding shops to braid my edges. They are too fine as it stands 11) Wish that I had someone else's hair 12) Go years without a protein treatment (Yes I have done that...smh) 13) Try to blend my curly hair with a straight weave. I will use a silk base closure if I want a straight weave. 14) Use hormonal birth control. This was almost as bad for my hair as the bleach was..... That's all that I canthink of for now. Looking back on what I used to do, I am not surprised that I am not at my goal length.

What did the keratin treatment do? I have been curious for a while but I don't want to mess up a good thing. My hair is thriving but still hard to manage.

EmilyWilde

I will never again go to a salon (only been twice and was not satisfied either time). I mean, why pay someone to rip/burn/cut my hair out when I can do it myself at home, for free? Plus, there is always youtube.

scarcity21

Birth control screws with your hormones which affects hair growth. I was prescribed the Yaz pill, but after reading the side effects I decided against taking it. Shedding and weight gain is not a good look :nono:
I was on yaz for over a year...no longer on it...wish I had read the side effects bcos now I have fibroids:(

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I don't ever want to get a trim at a salon. If I have to watch youtube for hours, read articles, etc. I will learn how to trim my own layers.

fatimablush

I will never allow another hair professional do my hair again.

I like short air now..so I decided to do like my mom and sis...I bought a razor comb and I will trim and shape my hair accordingly. If I mess up I will wear a wig. It doesn't make since to pay for a trim or get it shaped and go to the car and put your hat or scarf back on. Then have men that u know say...I thought you got your done...