June 2013 Hits or Misses

myronnie

Continued Hit:

Amazing Botanicals Aloe Mint Spritz - I love love loooooove it. Really smooths the cuticles down GREAT and softens. Doesn't leave crunch even though it has aloe juice!

myronnie

Miss:
Soultanicals Knot Sauce as a leave-in
I tried this last week and my hair was so crunchy and dry when it dried. I did not like it at all. I tried it as a rinse out and it was just eh..it was like I didn't even put anything on my hair. It also makes me a bit queasy when I smell it on my hair..in the bottle it smells great but when I apply it..bleh.

ronie

Hit: Silk Dream destination hydration. Great as a cowash turned DC. This thing gave me cone like slip, and my hair was so moisturized after. It took forever to airdry, and when it finally did, my hair was still soft.

EnExitStageLeft

Potential Hit:
NG Herbal Cleansing Cream: The force is super strong with this one :yep:. Made my hair slip like butter and my hair was clean and no where near stripped with it. WHY! OH WHY! DID SHE DISCONTINUE IT?! :cry3:

NG Orange and Hibiscus DC: Applies well, coated my shaft nicely and left my hair super soft. Loving it thus far :lick:

Hit:

IPN Horsetail and Hibiscus Rentention Spritz: *SIGH* Denise was a liar, a cheat and a HORRIBLE business woman........but this stuff here is the TRUTH! My hair is instantly soft when I apply and my hair is air drying really nicely. Sad thing is I'm going to have to ration it out because once it gone....its gone.

Claudie's Hair Tea Spritz: Two words....INSTANT FREAKIN' STAPLE....ok 3 words :look:. My hair is loving this under my DC's thus far. I hated tea rinsing before, but with this product I can see why people love it so much.

Miss:

NUFFIN!:grin:

myronnie

Miss:
Claudie's Hair Frappe
I still realllly like the one that I received that was different but the new one makes my hair greasy. I really wanted to like it but I found a new love with Darcy's pumpkinseed. I really want to try the cocoa bean moisturizer!

EnExitStageLeft

Potential Hit:

Soultanicals Hair Sorrell Knappylicious Kink Drink.....YES MA'AM! Softness on impact and layered well with my leave in/moisturizer/oil combination. It smells like a little slice of island heaven and it applies very easily (loving the spray bottle, I will be reusing it in the future).

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Miss: USPS

I'm about really tired of my local post office. My package wasnt delivered on Monday yet it states a notice left. I waited until Tuesday to see if maybe they would redeliver. Took myself up to the post office a little while ago and " its being redelivered"

So let's see if I get it today.

gorgeoushair

Miss: USPS

I'm about really tired of my local post office. My package wasnt delivered on Monday yet it states a notice left. I waited until Tuesday to see if maybe they would redeliver. Took myself up to the post office a little while ago and " its being redelivered"

So let's see if I get it today.

This has been happening to me lately...

leiah

Hit: hannah natural herbal henna. Rinses essily and gives bright color

This brand is really nice and they put gloves and a cap in the box. They even have indigo for $5!

werenumber2

New Hit:

Chagrin Valley Organic Herbal Hair Tea Rinse Detangler Blend

If you're like me and have been wanting to try hair teas but are too lazy to DIY, the CV teas are perfect. The Detangler blend has marshmallow root, hibiscus, flax seed, and more herbs that are great for dry hair. My curls define like no other after using this tea as a final rinse after washing/conditioning! I just placed an order for more. FYI - you can actually get about 2 or 3 treatments from the "1 Rinse Trial Size."

Continued Hit:

Crece Pelo DC - it really is as amazing as everyone says
Shea Moisture Cowash Conditioning Cleanser - on my second bottle

Tentative Hits:

Long Aid Curl Activator Gel
Eco Styler Gel with Argan Oil

My hair is typically glycerin and protein sensitive, and each gel is chock-full of one of those ingredients. I've had really nice, defined, and SOFT curls using the combo (although it pulls out my curl when raking through to the point where it makes my hair look quasi-straight like someone with heat damage) about three times now, so I'm going to keep monitoring my hair to make sure it contiues to respond positively.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
This has been happening to me lately...

Its becoming the worst service since they are closing so many offices. I go out later in the evening and come home to my package sitting on my steps. Anyone could have taken it off the front porch. Is that what the postal service is coming to?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
NEWEST HITS:
Afroveda's Bobab & Burdock Root Hair Oil
BoBeam's Peppermint & Rice Bran Oil

CONTINUED HITS:
June Product Sales:grin:
Silk Dreams Destination Hydration
Hairveda's Red Roobis Tea & Argan Oil Conditioner
Tea & Coffee Rinses

lovelycurls

Continued hits
Tea/ ayruvedic/acv rinses
Eden body coconut shea pudding souffle...gives super defined twist outs♥♥♥
Eden body cowash conditioner
Henna treatment♥♥♥

Newest hits
Dermorganic intensive masque♡
Nature's gate aloe vera conditioner
Dermorganic hydrating conditioner
Texture me natural amla and avocado leave in conditioner♥

Last edited:

leiah

Miss:
African pride olive miracle growth oil
it has nice ingredients but it has the same thin runny consistency of every bss oil that is 99% soybean oil. I need to stick to real oils

shtow

Hit: Theraneem poo and con. Seborrheic dermatitis calmed in ONE wash/con. So glad I found this because the condition was starting to damage my scalp, esp my edges.

Hit: Applying nothing but heat protector before flat ironing. Really cuts down on frizz/reversion and surprisingly my hair holds moisture very well from this. My hair just loves that IC serum.

Miss: Sleeping with a scarf. Was causing a lot of breakage in the back. Had to cut and now sleeping on a silk pillowcase. Kind of pissed it took me forever to figure this out.

Angel of the North

Continued hits
Deja's milk
carrot oil
avocado oil
papaya oil
grapeseed oil
365 shea butter and oil hair smoothie
strawberries and cream moisture milks

Misses
safflower oil - there are lots of other oils that work better for my hair
Osmo intensive deep repair mask - no slip whatsoever! Tangle city :perplexed will not be repurchasing these again

Jury's out

Hemp seed oil
Hemp seed butter

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Hit:
Kismera energizing leave in
Rusk be gutsy
Abba Creme Masque
Novex gold booster
Ultrasonic Infrared Treatments

No misses so far

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Hit:

Hairveda Whipped Cream Ends Hydration. This leaves my hair so silky soft. I don't usually like thin leave ins, but this one surprised me.

Hairveda Avosoya Light Oil. This smells divine...love the consistency and the way it makes my hair smooth and shiny.

Continued Hit: GSO to seal...leaves me w/very shiny hair.

leiah

Hit: ecostyler play & stay edge and style control.
really kept my hair laid down after sweating and getting caught in the rain. Came out nicely when i cowashed.

tapioca_pudding

HIT: Schwarzkopf Bonacure Repair Rescue Sealed Ends - I heard about this product from TheHappyHairShow on youtube (love her hair!). My ends have been feeling dry lately so I ordered this product and have been applying it to my ends nightly and sealing with rosehip seed oil. My ends are HEALED lol! I don't think you can seal split ends by any means, but my ends definitely feel much smoother and hydrated. This product may reach HG status if I continue to get consistent results!

veesweets

Continued hit:
Hairitage Hydration Jar of Joe - sealing with it always leaves my hair really smooth and soft. Used it up last night, I want another but I don't like the idea of ordering butters when its so hot out. If I end up with a half melted mess ill be upset

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits!
Naturelle Grow's Herbal Blends DC'er
Silk Dreams Nourish Oil
Hydratherma Naturals Follicle Booster
b.a.s.k. Beauty Whiskey Vanilla Repairative Rx

NEWEST HIT:
*Sales w/o a Holiday!*:yay:

EnExitStageLeft

Hit:
AVEYOU.COM...This is my new collective haul site. Sage never has sales and Curlmart shipping takes too long for me, so Aveyou it is :grin:.

Miss:

Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Condish.....Sorry y'all, I'm just not seeing it :perplexed:. I tried it 3 times and each time was a fail. Once overnight, once with heat from my soft bonnet dryer and the third under the steamer. Its a :nono: for me.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hit:
AVEYOU.COM...This is my new collective haul site. Sage never has sales and Curlmart shipping takes too long for me, so Aveyou it is :grin:.

Miss:

Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Condish.....Sorry y'all, I'm just not seeing it :perplexed:. I tried it 3 times and each time was a fail. Once overnight, once with heat from my soft bonnet dryer and the third under the steamer. Its a :nono: for me.

EnExitStageLeft

I Agree:grin: Plus $1.00 Shipping @ $Fiddy Dollas' and Discount Codes.

Sage has a few Sales here & there. Mostly BF & Cyber Monday tho':rolleyes:

Curlmart has gotten faster.:look: Prolly lost business being so slow.:ohwell:

I'm still mystified about DB Pumpkin being a "MISS" For You! SMH.:blush:..:nono:

EnExitStageLeft

IDareT'sHair

"Mystified" :lachen:. Trust me as just as shocked as you. DB's has NEVER let's me down before and I literally mean never. Every product I've tried except the PS Condish has been a raging hit.