How I got 2 inches of growth in one month...

Madison

i drink ensure on occasion. but like you said it is very expensive. the fish is much cheaper and has much much much more protein

sometimes you can get 6 tins of sardines for .099cents

Chipmunk

[ QUOTE ]
but the point is every time I drink ensure my hair grows so fast. but it's really expensive though and that's why i don't buy it often about $8.00 for 6 cans or $6.00 at walmart but still 6-8 cans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also have had faster hair growth when drinking Ensure.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I looked on the back of my sardine package for the protein intake and it was 20 grams. That's still good though but it is the norm for a serving of fish.

Crysdon

Wow DSD! You sure have a lot of posts since May.

Are you going for moderator status or something? If so, good for you.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
Wow DSD! You sure have a lot of posts since May.

Are you going for moderator status or something? If so, good for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I just have a lot to say! Since I stay at home I have a lot of extra time on my hands. Actually you are not the first to mention that!

Laginappe

Anyone know if oysters have a high amount of protein? I like smoked oysters but not really into sardines...although I haven't had them lately....

Zuppy

Those of you who experienced increased hair growth from the protein - Did you see increased hair growth all over your body or just your head?

Teva

I found a site where a white lady who was on the Atkins diet said that her hair grew thicker and softer with more sheene.

Teva

Sabie I did not save it because it was mainly for diets. Do a search on google for high protein diets and see what you find.

ms_kenesha

I went to the Optimum Nutrition website and their are so many brands of whey protein. Jazzangel which one do you have and what exactly do you mix it with? The protein will also help with my new back to school work-out plan!

Tebby1017

[ QUOTE ]
I went to the Optimum Nutrition website and their are so many brands of whey protein. Jazzangel which one do you have and what exactly do you mix it with? The protein will also help with my new back to school work-out plan!

[/ QUOTE ]

To piggyback on this question...is soy protein a suitable substitute for whey protein. Puritan's Pride has the Soy on sale @ Buy one, get 2 free for $29.00, but they whey is not for sale.

Tebby

ChocoKitty

Hey Zuppy:

I think protein only affects the hair on your head.Hair on your hair is supposed to be the byproduct of any vitamins and or minerals your body intakes. Hormones like testosterone (sp?) triggers the hair on the rest your body. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

DelightfulFlame

http://www.peanut-institute.org/HealthyDiets.html

Here's another very interesting site about protein and diets. Check out the bottom where it says Vegetarian Diet, and click on the pdf file (plant based diets food for thought). It basically tells the benefits of deriving protein from plants vs. animals. It is very interesting. I'm not a vegetarian, but researching and trying to become one slowly.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.peanut-institute.org/HealthyDiets.html

Here's another very interesting site about protein and diets. Check out the bottom where it says Vegetarian Diet, and click on the pdf file (plant based diets food for thought). It basically tells the benefits of deriving protein from plants vs. animals. It is very interesting. I'm not a vegetarian, but researching and trying to become one slowly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you DelightfulFlame for this link. I'm reading every article!

Teva

Here is an awesome quote posted by Nova on another thread. This confirms what we have been discussing about the protein and hair. :

[ QUOTE ]
Something you stated in your message triggered our memory. It was about taking omega-3 supplements. My oldest daughter grew her hair from shoulder length to the middle of her back. She loves fish and used to eat salmon at least 4-5 times weekly. Plus, she drank every morning, a tofu smoothy with a scoop of soy protein powder in it. In addition to this, she faithfully took vitamins on a daily basis. Since she's slacked in her regime, she's lost approx. 4". To us, daugh. #1 hair is still long, but not long enough by her standards. Daug. #1 states she's going to resume her regime. Daugh. #2 will follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the link: Advice for Super Dry Hair .