High Protein Diet = 2 Inches in 1 Month

MonaRae

I use Bumble Bee (Albacore) which has 15 grams of protein per 2 oz.
Which one are you using?

MonaRae

Here is a much needed update to my menu plan:

Breakfast
• 2 Egg (12 gm) and Chicken Sausage (10 gm), fruit - 22 gm
• Designer Whey (18 gm) fruit - 18 gm

Lunches and Dinners
• Tuna Salad 5 oz (37.5 gm), carrots – 37.5 gm
• Chicken 8 oz (52 gm)and Broccoli, fruit - 52 gm
• Crab Salad 1.5 cups (24 gm), carrots - 24 gm

Protein Shake
• Spirultein (sp.) (14 gm) with Soy Milk (6 gm) - 20 gm

Snacks
• Almonds
• Carrots

MonaRae

Isis

BerrySweet said:
How can I get more protein in a vegetarian diet? I don't eat any fish either.

If you're not vegan, you can increase your eggs (7 grams each) and take whey protein (like Designer Whey or better) which is 18 grams per scoop and no more than 2 scoops per day.

Take spirulina, eat tofu, veggie burgers like Boca, raw nuts and seeds like almonds and sunflower seeds.:)

qtgirl

I'm in, I just used the calculator and it said I needed:
average
42.096 grams per day

intermediate/advanced level exerciser
63.144 grams per day

body builder
89.454 grams per day

endurance athlete (ie. marathoner or triathlete)
105.24 grams per day

I am going to start working out again as well.
I will eat 2 hard boiled eggs in the morning.
One can of tuna for lunch everyday
Chicken or beef for dinner

here is a good calculator to calculate how much protein you're getting a day.

WaterMoccasin

I'm in!

I used to use http://www.fitday.com to see about how much protein foods have and to keep track of calories etc. since they have nutrition labels.

I know for sure I'll be eating eggs, sausages/bacon/ham, nuts, chicken/beef etc.

I'm not sure what my current intake is, probably about 50 g. I'm all for doubling that!

Millahdoowop

I'll join as soon as my mom gets the liquid amino acid for me. I plan on my hair to be bangin for my birthday in May.

Candy_C

the protein/nutrient drink Nurishment contains 84% iodine in half the can! and AC & E!

if you not into eating lots of protein food, drink 2 of these cans a day, a tuna sandwich with some nuts and almonds!

BahamaMama said:
I'm in!

I used to use http://www.fitday.com to see about how much protein foods have and to keep track of calories etc. since they have nutrition labels.

I know for sure I'll be eating eggs, sausages/bacon/ham, nuts, chicken/beef etc.

I'm not sure what my current intake is, probably about 50 g. I'm all for doubling that!

Count me in on this challenge. I think Den1 takes amino acid supplements and her hair is to die for!!!

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Okay, Here is what I'll be taking in:
Breakfast- 3 small eggs 18 g. 1 slice of yellow cheese 4g. 1 can of sardines 22g. 2 glasses of milk 8g. for a total of 68 grams.
I will also have 2 shakes of Vegefuel which contain 30 grams of protein. Along w/Amino Fuel 15 grams. So far that's 143 grams daily who knows what the rest of my day will bring.

MsCounsel

Okay, yuck. Just purchased my first giganto container of whey. YUCK:barf: Anyway, a small sacrifice for great hair and skin and overall body health!:grin:

Isis

REConsul said:
Okay, yuck. Just purchased my first giganto container of whey. YUCK:barf: Anyway, a small sacrifice for great hair and skin and overall body health!:grin:
Mine tastes yummy. :lick: What brand did you buy?

Vicki in Oregon

I was curious as to how this diet has worked for you ladies? And which of the protein powders is the tastiest and yet low calorie? Thanks!

Isis

Vicki in Oregon said:
I was curious as to how this diet has worked for you ladies? And which of the protein powders is the tastiest and yet low calorie? Thanks!
My hair and health are thriving. :up: I don't consider this a diet - I've just incorporated more protein into my eating lifestyle permanently. I could tell that I needed it.

I'm still using the same whey protein by Designer Whey which, according to them, is the best tasting. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, there may be better whey proteins out there - I just don't know of them yet. This one is 90 calories for all flavors and 18g of protein per scoop. It comes in plain, vanilla, vanilla praline, chocolate, chocolate caramel and strawberry.

Vicki in Oregon

Thank you Isis. So your hair is growing faster then? If so, how much would you say? Is the Designer protein low sugar too? Thanks!!!

ThinNnappy

I want to join.
Natures Bounty has "Vitamins for the hair", and they have 100mg of soy protein in them, and 5mg of brewers yeast.
---Does it matter if its soy protein or just regular protein?
I found it at drugstore.com

[SIZE=+2]Supplement Facts[/SIZE]Serving Size:1 TabletServings Per Container:65
Amount per Serving% Daily Value
Niacin (B3) 35 mg175%
Folate,Folic Acid,Folacin 400 mcg100%
Vitamin B12 as Cyanocobalamin 6 mcg100%
Pantothenic acid as d-Calcium Pantothenate 100 mg1000%
Iron Ferrous Sulfate 15 mg83%
Iodine Kelp 150 mcg100%
Zinc as Zinc Gluconate 15 mg100%
Copper as Copper Gluconate 2 mg100%
Manganese as Manganese Gluconate 5 mg250%
PABA (Para-Aminobenzoic Acid) 30 mg*
Choline Bitartrate 125 mg*
Inositol 50 mg*
Protein Soy Protein 100 mg*
Brewer's Yeast 5 mg*

Isis

Vicki in Oregon said:
Thank you Isis. So your hair is growing faster then? If so, how much would you say? Is the Designer protein low sugar too? Thanks!!!
I never measure my hair but I can tell it's thriving. This whey protein had 2 grams of carbs (carbs = sugar) per serving which is very low. It isn't sweet but it tastes good. Some like it with the sweetness from the fruit. I prefer to add a little stevia.

Candy_C

Candy_C said:
the protein/nutrient drink Nurishment contains 84% iodine in half the can! and AC & E!

if you not into eating lots of protein food, drink 2 of these cans a day, a tuna sandwich with some nuts and almonds!

i'm quoting myself because wow, i'm gonna practise what i preached!

daedae157

i'm on this challenge too (until the end of this year)! this is what i eat daily:

Breakfast (no later than 10am)
· 2-3 hard-boiled egg whites
· 1 handful of uncooked oatmeal or one slice of whole grain wheat toast
· 1 cup of organic soymilk or grapefruit juice (diluted)
· 3 vitamins
· 2 cups of water

Snack
· 1 handful of raw unsalted nuts (pumpkin seeds, sunflower kernels, or almonds) or 1 serving of organic cottage cheese
· 1 serving of fresh fruit (Apple, Pear, Plum, Peach, Blackberry, Raspberry, Blueberry, Kiwifruit, Cranberry, Watermelon, Strawberry, Limes, Tangerine, Orange, Banana, Mango, or Pineapple)
· 3 vitamins
· 2 cups of water

Lunch
· 1 serving of salmon topped with cilantro to remove mercury content
· 1 serving of green leaf salad w/ shredded carrots and lemon juice
· 3 vitamins
· 2 cups of water

Snack
· ½ Nitro-Tech Protein shake
· 1 serving of fresh fruit
· 3 vitamins
· 2 cups of water

Dinner (no later than 7:30pm)
· 1 serving of skinless chicken (baked or grilled) or sushi or beef tenderloin (baked or grilled)
· 1 serving of brown rice (steamed or boiled)
· 1 serving of fresh vegetables (steamed, boiled, or grilled)
· 3 vitamins
· 2 cups of water

Notes:
I also drink 10 more cups of water throughout the day
I also drink one ounce of wheat grass a day.
Each meal is no more than 2.5 hours apart.
This Plan starts every Monday and continues on through Saturday. Every Sunday is my “Free Day”. I eat whatever I want as long as it’s before 8pm.

Isis

daedae157 said:
i'm on this challenge too (until the end of this year)! this is what i eat daily:

Breakfast (no later than 10am)
· 2-3 hard-boiled egg whites
· 1 handful of uncooked oatmeal or one slice of whole grain wheat toast
· 1 cup of organic soymilk or grapefruit juice (diluted)
· 3 vitamins
· 2 cups of water

Snack
· 1 handful of raw unsalted nuts (pumpkin seeds, sunflower kernels, or almonds) or 1 serving of organic cottage cheese
· 1 serving of fresh fruit (Apple, Pear, Plum, Peach, Blackberry, Raspberry, Blueberry, Kiwifruit, Cranberry, Watermelon, Strawberry, Limes, Tangerine, Orange, Banana, Mango, or Pineapple)
· 3 vitamins
· 2 cups of water

Lunch
· 1 serving of salmon topped with cilantro to remove mercury content
· 1 serving of green leaf salad w/ shredded carrots and lemon juice
· 3 vitamins
· 2 cups of water

Snack
· ½ Nitro-Tech Protein shake
· 1 serving of fresh fruit
· 3 vitamins
· 2 cups of water

Dinner (no later than 7:30pm)
· 1 serving of skinless chicken (baked or grilled) or sushi or beef tenderloin (baked or grilled)
· 1 serving of brown rice (steamed or boiled)
· 1 serving of fresh vegetables (steamed, boiled, or grilled)
· 3 vitamins
· 2 cups of water

Notes:
I also drink 10 more cups of water throughout the day
I also drink one ounce of wheat grass a day.
Each meal is no more than 2.5 hours apart.
This Plan starts every Monday and continues on through Saturday. Every Sunday is my “Free Day”. I eat whatever I want as long as it’s before 8pm.
I know this is about protein but you're drinking 20 cups of water each day? Like, 160 ounces daily? How is that working for you?

nomoweavesfome

This is interesting. I currently take BRAGGS LIQUID AMINOS. 1/2 TEASPOON HAS 290 MG OF PROTEIN!!!!!!! It tastes like soy sauce, and if I don't cook with it, I'll taka teaspoonful and wash it down with 16 oz of water because it does have 100 mg of sodium. AND it's only 7.99 for a 32 oz bottle!!

P

patient1

I love Braggs. My staple salad dressing is a combo of their acv, liquid amiinos, olive oil and fresh ground pepper.

I knew there was protein, but didn't know if it was considered a significant amount.

p1

Isis

nomoweavesfome said:
This is interesting. I currently take BRAGGS LIQUID AMINOS. 1/2 TEASPOON HAS 290 MG OF PROTEIN!!!!!!! It tastes like soy sauce, and if I don't cook with it, I'll taka teaspoonful and wash it down with 16 oz of water because it does have 100 mg of sodium. AND it's only 7.99 for a 32 oz bottle!!
I bought some Braggs several years ago (betta throw that out! :lol: ) and I do like the taste. I knew it is a good protein source but I didn't realize it has that much protein in 1/2 teaspoon! :eek: Next time I get some, I'll just put 1/4 of a teaspoon or so in my veggies which is still a lot of protein.
*looks for the old, dusty Braggs bottle*

Last edited:
P

patient1

Isis said:
I bought some Braggs several years ago (betta throw that out! :lol: ) and I do like the taste. I knew it is a good protein source but I didn't realize it has that much protein in 1/2 teaspoon! :eek: Next time I get some, I'll just put 1/4 of a teaspoon or so in my veggies which is still a lot of protein.
*looks for the old, dusty Braggs bottle*

So 290 mg is a lot. I'm looking at the bottle now. 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) 110 mg of sodium (5%) and 290 mg protein (no percentages).

Hm...the ingredients are Vegetable protein from soybeans and purified water...

p1

nomoweavesfome

patient1 said:
So 290 mg is a lot. I'm looking at the bottle now. 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) 110 mg of sodium (5%) and 290 mg protein (no percentages).

Hm...the ingredients are Vegetable protein from soybeans and purified water...

p1

yep - I never realized what really a "lot" is but in the beginning of the thread they were like 100 mg a day was the amnt to take. This is TRIPLE that and I catually take a full teaspoon sooo I'm 6 x over the recommendation!!!!