How I got 2 inches of growth in one month...

Tracy

Jazz Angel - thank you so much for this. I finally got the hang of lo carbing (I don't do anything intense like Atkins - just counting carb grams and getting them from fruits and veggies) and this is just additional motivation for me to keep it crackin. It's been three days (and I haven't even been as good as I want to be) and I lost 5 pounds
already.

Good hair (and I heard skin and nails too) may just be the thing that keeps me on this diet.

JazzAngel

Tracy, thank you for posting your progress with the diet. I love to hear of others success, it helps to motivate me also. I have a friend who recently lost 30 lbs in about 12-14 weeks. It's wonderful!

Oh and by the way her hair has grown a few inches more and looks more glossy. Her new growth is soooooo shinny and soft, it's amazing!

twinietwintwin

I think that's probably the reason my hair has been growing like a weed..... since this summer my hair has averaged at least an inch a month growth.... I started doing atkins three months ago (and i'm over 30 pounds lighter by the way
and i never even correlated that's probably why my hair's been growing so rapidly!!!! Thanks for the insight..... God bless

Crystal

JazzAngel

[ QUOTE ]
I think that's probably the reason my hair has been growing like a weed..... since this summer my hair has averaged at least an inch a month growth.... I started doing atkins three months ago
Crystal

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool Crystal, that wonderful! A slimmer body and longer hair.

JazzAngel

[ QUOTE ]
I found a little something that backs up Jazz's claim. check it out http://www.hhmi.org/fuchs/fuchs.pdf

Every good thing must be taken in moderation. So make sure you check this article out. http://www.pcrm.org/magazine/GM02Autumn/GM02Autumn07.html

[/ QUOTE ]

ThanksSweetNic_JA,I was thinking about all the concerns of high colesterol. This is my theory from all that I have read.
<font color="blue">Regardless of what kind of diet we are on what is most important is to monitor our over all caloric consumption. You simply cannot over do it by eating 20 lbs of protein and no carbs. It's all in moteration. But, replacing some of your usually high carbs with protein should help in changing the ration of protein vs carbs and still remaining at your 1200 -1500 calories a day depending on if you are active or not. </font>

Anyway I find the Inuit diet quite interesting. Althought they have an exclusive meat diet they seem to fare well with cardiovascular disease.
http://www.biomedcentral.com/news/20010925/02

vevster

[ QUOTE ]
What are you taking? Can you share please? I would like to look into that.

[/ QUOTE ]

My signature has the brand names... The Twinlab and the Rainbow light.

Peachi

Don't you all go eating 3 eggs a day now. That's just too much for your heart, especially if you are not working out or on some special diet.

If you want protein, just eat the egg whites. You can eat 10 egg whites a day..that's just protein. The yolk is the fatty part. If you must consume the yolk, then don't eat it daily.

I eat mostly two boiled egg white daily...if I must have the yolk then I have half of one yolk.

karen

JazzAngel

In your regime, you wrote that you get 24 grams of protein from eating 3 eggs. I always thought that each large egg contain 6 grams of protein, this is including the white and the yolk. So 3 eggs would equals to 18 grams. Here is one of the website where I got the info
http://www.nutritionalwisdominc.com/protein.htm
Oh, and congrats on your growth, I'm going to try to consume more protein now, I guess I won't need as much protein as you do because I don't exercise, I'm gonna start drinking more soy-bean milk and eating more eggs everyday, thanks for sharing your success.

Isis

Thank you for starting this thread! I have increased my protein by eating more eggs and I think I'll continue this in September. I'm not on any diet but I also eat less carbs (but lots of veggies) and more protein with all of my meals. This really does keep the weight down along with daily exercise. I am going to increase my protein daily in the form of soy, like tofu and Texturized Soy Protein (TSP).

JazzAngel

Vester, thanks very much
I will get right on it.

Karen, I eat the larger size eggs and in the nutrition section it says 8grams of protein per egg. Now Karen I am glad that you are going to add more protein but I don't want you getting fat now. Just be aware that you have to check your over all calorie consumption still. To add more protein I have had to replace it with other more fattening things like bread and pasta.

Isis, I am glad that this thread helped. I do eat alot of fresh fish but also alot of canned Solid white tuna.

<font color="blue">The first time I realize how beneficial protein was for hair growth came when my best friend started going bald. He did alot of research and tried alot of vitamins. He also bought alot of what he was using for me to try. My hair became shinner and stronger but the most change that I remember was when we added a protein supplement. At the time we took Twin Lab Amino Acid Fuel. We both noticed amazing changes with our hair. Since discovering the hair boards, (which he helped me find) I have gotten so caught up with learning so many other things that I forgot about the extreme results I received from the protein. But, recently when I tried this diet and focued more on the protein intake I realize that my hair seemed to make much more prgress without taking the other vitamins at all. I became very lazy with taking my other vitamns and still my hair grew much more. </font>

<font color="black">Anyway I shared this experiene when I saw so many threads from Dejuan42 about his concerns with faster hair growth. </font>

Isis

You mentioned eating fresh fish and canned tuna. Several years ago, I started a new job and met a black coworker with almost waist-length beautiful, relaxed hair. She always wore it down straight. Her hair type (looking back) seemed to be 4A and I had many good, close-up looks at her hair. I approached her shyly and asked how she grew her hair so long. She replied that she ate one can of salmon everyday, no matter what. She showed me her can (the salmon was the ordinary inexpensive kind) and I saw her eat her salmon out of the can during her lunch breaks everyday, and nothing else. She didn't miss a day.

I started doing it too but not everyday. I had not read up yet on all of the benefits of salmon, like the Omega-3. Since then I have learned a lot about nutrition, although I am just now boosting my protein (this thread reminded me!). Along with my soy products, I think I'll increase my fish too (mainly tuna and salmon).

ngaa

thanks for startin this thread coz it gave me motivation to go and start bak on my protein drink. I'd stopped the soya one because of something i read online and then i found an egg and milk one

EbonyEyes

About a month ago, I started eating one small can of tuna a day. I think this along with my increased intake of vitamins, has significantly increased my growth rate.

-Ebony

JazzAngel

isis, that's interesting to know about your friend. Even thought I know from experience what has helped me, it is always a nice confirmation when I learn that others have gained success from doing the same thing. Thanks!

ngaa, you are welcome. Please post your results in the future when you find a great improvement in your hair growth.

EbonyEyes, Before visiting the hair boards I heard about Viviscal and HF37. I read about them in magazines like Cosomopolitan. The reviews were amazing! The women who used Viviscal claimed to have gained 1/12 inch to 2inches within a month. If you break down the ingredients its all protein. I also received literature quite some time ago and it's what made me think to substiture it with the Amino Acid. My freind's hair has filled in much more also.

It's wonderful to know that you are gaining results as well.

Teva

Jassangel I saw that on the Hair Formular site where some people got like 2 inches of hair growth. All of step one is just protein. If you compare it to a protein shake you can get the same amount.

I am going to up my protein also. I want to see more growth to and I know that protein makes all the difference.

dahllia

[ QUOTE ]
About a month ago, I started eating one small can of tuna a day. I think this along with my increased intake of vitamins, has significantly increased my growth rate.

-Ebony

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont mean to rain on your parade but please just be careful Tuna and mercury poisoning

ParisEmanuelle

JazzAngel --- How does the TwinLab Amino Acid Fuel taste? I started drinking the Ultra Hair shake for protein and it tastes good, but sometimes it's alot of trouble to prepare it (I mix it with ice, sweetener and sometimes, fruit). The TAAF seems to be an easier alternative. Thanks!

karly

I'm not jazzangel...but I really didn't like the taste of the amino fuel. I mixed it with my protein shake and it was very overpowering. It had a really strange and strong orange flavor.

Madison

I started eating a tin of sardines or mackerel a day. both have approximately 70grams of protein

i could've been eating this a long time ago instead of spending money on protein shakes and powders

Madison

Twinlabs taste sort of like cough syrup. but you get used to the taste once you see how quickly your hair grows

christie_love

I eat 2 eggs a day. I could also increase my mackrel intake. My favorite is salmon pattie (made with mackrel though). I like them fried, maybe I can try frying them in olive oil. I hope it tastes good.

Anyway, back to the eggs. I eat Eggland's best they are low in cholesterol 180 mg vs 215mg in reg. eggs. They are high in vit. E and Omega-3.

More info on there web: http://207.106.34.114/egglandsbest/default.asp

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
I started eating a tin of sardines or mackerel a day. both have approximately 70grams of protein

i could've been eating this a long time ago instead of spending money on protein shakes and powders

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to eat a can of mackerel all of the time too. I really like it and it's cheap. I learned that in the Asian countries, mackerel is one of the main staples, and look at their hair!

And mackerel and sardines also have Omega-3 (salmon has the most). I may have a mackerel/egg salad sandwich for lunch...

Teva

Hi ParisEmanuelle I am not Jazzangel but I tried the TwinLab drink. It is not tasty honestly. I just take it straight on a spoon. I don't mix it at all.

Ladies I really think this is backed up by some good research. I met a woman body builder at GNC and we got to talking. She told me that from her high routine she needs alot of protein in her diet. She asked me if I wanted to start lifting, so I told her that I was taking it for my hair. She laughed and told me that since she started taking in more protein years ago her hair shot out like a cannon. She said that she use to have really short hair. It was in a bun then she took it out for me to see and it was middle of her back relaxed. Her nails were nice long and hard too.

Teva

Oh she told me to drink alot of water now that I am adding more protein to my diet. She stressed this alot. She said that was really important.

karen

I've tried drinking the Optimum Nutrition protein shake and a bunch of other protein shakes before, somehow I just can't stand it. It just taste really gross to me, I guess it has to be the taste of the whey protein, and it cost alot too. So I guess instead of drinking protein shakes, I will now eat others things such as can fish and soy/tofu and eggs. Though it's really hard for me to eat the fish everyday cause I also get sick of it too
LOl I guess I'm just so difficult, hehe. but I like eating tofu desert
my average hair growth these past couple of monthes hasn't been slow or that fast either, but I've been eating tofu dessert and some fish once in a while, it's growing about .7 inch per month compare to the average .5 per month. I'm gonna start eating more protein and see how it goes. good luck to everyone too

offthechainliz

I don't know if this will help anyone but sometimes I take ensure to help me gain weight because I'm really thin. but I mainly take it for the energy purposes because I've never gotton weight gain out of it but it keeps me on my feet the whole day. (just like red bull gives you wings... though I've never tried that) but the point is every time I drink ensure my hair grows so fast. but it's really expensive though and that's why i don't buy it often about $8.00 for 6 cans or $6.00 at walmart but still 6-8 cans.