HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends Sealing&Scalp Oiling 9/1 - 12/31 2011

Washed my hair today. Afterward I used Gillian hair butter on my scalp (which melts immediately) and followed that with JBCO. I want to wear my half wig tomorrow so I put a bunch of flat twists in my hair, smoothing the JBCO from root to tip. I've haven't done twists in years, so they're real loose and messy, so I'm not sure they will last the night.

Ladies, I have a quick question. Whats the best finishing oil for blinging hair? I mean, if you were about to walk out the door to go out, and you noticed your hair looking a tad bit dull, what oil would you reach for to add a high gloss finish without messing up your style?

LaidBak - Good question! Oils that work great for me are Hemp Seed oil :yep:, Safflower oil, that Shea Moisture Elixir T mentioned, and Claudie's Montego Bay oil. All great for shine. :grin:

I did an oil rinse with grapeseed oil today

I've been slacking on my hair lately and I forgot how beneficial oil rinses were to my hair.

I'll be adding these back in

Ladies, I have a quick question. Whats the best finishing oil for blinging hair? I mean, if you were about to walk out the door to go out, and you noticed your hair looking a tad bit dull, what oil would you reach for to add a high gloss finish without messing up your style?
LaidBak - hemp, evco or SDH's nourish...but...when in doubt, go with hemp.

I messed around and oiled a little too much with Tiiva Growth Oil and boy I'm greasy today. It's all good though, my hair feels nice despite the oil slick that I'm sporting.

Im in ! I wasn’t really sure about oils outside of Olive Oil, but this weekend, after being sooooo frustrated with my hair, I decided to try something new, Not sure if its actually an Oil Rinse, but I rinsed my hair put Safflower Oil on it for about 5 minutes, rinsed, clarified, and DC’s with my mix plus Olive Oil and Safflower Oil, and my hair has looked probably the best Ive seen it in a while!

I will be using Olive Oil, Safflower Oil and possibly another one.. not sure which one yet, it will be a cerimide rich oil though.

Thanks!!!

@KhandiB

Hi Khandi & Welcome.:wave:

Once you Start doing Hot Oil Treatments (HOTs) and other Oil-based applications, you see some Fabulous Results.

Glad to have you.:grin:

Hey Hair-Hotties!

They keep saying: The Fall Season has Officially Started, but we know we have a few weeks left & Indian Summer (for those of us that have Season Changes).:sad:

I have been thinking alot about my Fall/Winter Regi. I'm good on Products & Oils, but want to buy a Wig or 2. *Best Winter Hat & PS ever!*:lol:

Anyway, I'll be Moisturizing & Sealing twice today. Moisturizing with PuraBody Naturals and Sealing up with Hydratherma Naturals.:yep:

Oh I remember, I was going to add Castor Oil into my reggie.
Right now I have an awesome flat iron style, I wont wash out until later this week. But Im excited. I need to research Oil Rinses etc...

Thanks IDareT'sHair

Yall, I must admit I have slacked off in my oil rinses! Last 2 washes I was unable to do them because I had in Senegalese twists w. extensions and didn't want them to slip out prematurely. But now I'm free and I'll be doing a wash tomorrow and oil rinsing. I'm jonesin' to braid this hair up and slap on my wig early for the fall and winter but it's still too hot and humid here. So I guess til the end of Sept I will be bunning!

HOT. Aloe vera gel on my scalp and rice bran oil saturated on the hair, under the dryer.

I'll DC after with Aloxxi Keratin Treatment

Shampoo w/Elucence

rollerset, bump roots, silk wrap.

Minty I've been thinking about that Rice Bran Oil.:grin:

I have Several DC'ers that contain Rice Bran Oil.

I may hafta' add it to my list along with Plum Oil.:yep:

Wash Day: I used Pequi Oil with my Leave-In and will Moisturize once dry with PuraBody Naturals Sapote Lotion and Seal it Up with Hydratherma Naturals Hair Oil.

I'm about to pre-poo with Vatika oil. My ends have made a drastic turn since proactively using oils in my regimen.

I love that rice bran oil, apricot seed, sunflower oil. love love it. Pequi oil is at the top, but its special, can't be slathering it all on the head like with the others. :lachen:

I've received it and used it already. I love how it makes my face feel, so soft, smooth and moisturized. I can say the same for my hair, you don't really need much of it. That 1oz should last me a loooooog time.

Oiling tonight-gonna GHE! I'm using bhringraj oil-which I diluted with grapeseed oil because it was too strong for me at first! :)

Back