HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends Sealing&Scalp Oiling 9/1 - 12/31 2011

chebaby

imma need someone to help me with this oil rinsing thing. ok so last night i slathered my dry hair in carols daughter koret amen oil(which is olive oil, bay oil, patchuli oil, and cedarwood oil) and when i woke up today my hair was so freakin stinkin soft. so i take the oil in the shower with me, cleanse my hair then slather it in more of the same oil and then top it off with shea moisture black soap conditioner and then added more oil to my ends. now i know you are thinking thats a lot of oil. but it aint lol. its a 2oz bottle and its more than half full.
so when i went to detangle the oil had not helped. and my hair did not feel anymore soft than it usually does. now my hair is not hard to detangle at all and this week i have been finger detangling(which i normally dont do) so i cant blame the additional oil as the reason why when i finally use a comb it doesnt just glide through but i guess what im saying is i dont understand the point of oil rinsing. and this is my first time doing it.

againstallodds

I really have to say I'm happy I found this thread months ago. You ladies helped me stayed committed to using oils as well as trying out new ones and my hair has improved so much.

To everyone: :grouphug3: lol​

My gang of oils:

Grapeseed (my love)
Coconut oil
Hemp
Jojoba
Sweet almond
Vitamin e oil
EO: lavender, eucalyptus, and tea tree

Brownie518

So, I used my stanky mix and massaged that in last night and let it sit. My scalp feels great.

I just moisturized with BFH Desert Castor seed and sealed with Claudie's Montego Bay oil.

chelleypie810

All I use is Silk Dreams Nourish Oil. Sometimes olive oil for a prepoo..but now that I have silk dreams pre I don't have to worry about that either.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Brownie518 How is that Montego Bay Oil? I've been thinking about buying it. Claudie can do no wrong in my book. :lol:

I'm gonna buy her gel to try out too. I don't ever see anyone talk about her styling products (gel, serum, etc.) so I guess I'll be the guinea pig. :grin:

LuvlyRain3

Yes I'm in. I fell off last quarter when it came to updating but i still do oil rinses and seal on a regular. I actually need to put in an order for some oils *off to shop*

Angelicus

Hello everyone.

One of my favorite hair people sent me some henna and oils! She sent me some stinky Dabur Jasmine Hair Oil and navratna oil (which I like to call "na na na na na" oil).

My best purchase in August was a garlic infused avocado oil. This crap is Stinky (that's how I knew it was going to be good) and it really absorbs in the hair. I had used it as a pretreatment and there was definitely a difference.

Of course, I always have trusty olive oil handy. This past week, I did a classic pre-treatment of mayonnaise, honey, tea tree oil, and olive oil. Yes, I had hand-in-hair-itis after my hair was done :lol:

Not to mention, I have shea butter and shealoe butter that I mixed myself. I have yet to use these as pre-treatments though. They are so heavy-- I've been using them as gel for flyaways when I have a ponytail (I hate ponytails).

I want to purchase some oil from the Silk Dreams Haircare website but I have all these oils here. I really have turned back into a PJ...or maybe the disease never left! :whyme:

faithVA

I have my hair out tonight so going to put some of my oil blend on my scalp and give myself a scalp massage.

choctaw

Moisturized with PuraBody Naturals Sapote Lotion and Locked it up with Black Cumin Seed Oil.

IDareT'sHair ... hey Product Playa! ... your hair gwine straight up Barry on you one day :lachen::lachen::lachen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br-Dy3puDoc&feature=fvwrel

my current contenders are:

Argan
avocado
blend of Africa’s Best Ultimate Herbal, Trader Joe’s Vitamin E, Bansai pure filtered sesame and Bertolli extra virgin olive oils infused with maka (bhringraj)
Blend of castor, mustard and sesame oils infused with henna, maka, brahmi & amla
Castor oil
Dabur Vatika
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Kesavardhini
Mahabhringraj
Mahanarayan
mustard
Ojon restorative treatment
Red palm oil
Rice bran oil infused with brahmi
Sesame oil infused with maka
Sesame oil
Shapleys MTG
Sunflower
Tea tree

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I forgot I will also be using shikakai and amla oils.

Tonight I oiled & massaged my scalp with Claudie's Elixir. Sealed with hemp seed oil.

MaraWithLove

Oiled my scalp today and sealed with bhringraj oil. Feels excellent. :yep:
My head has always been a water + oil head, it takes challenges like these to remind me of that and kick me off PJism-or rather onto a whole other level of PJism. Lol ;)

ETA: A bonus of this bhringraj oil is it makes my hair nice and shiny :yep: I've only been using it this week. <3 Ayurveda

Majestye

Ok, I'm in. Using the following oils:
EVOO
EVCO
JBCO
Castor oil
Vitamin E
Jojoba
sweet almond oil
Grapeseed oil
And a variety of essential oils

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
My head has always been a water + oil head, it takes challenges like these to remind me of that and kick me off PJism-or rather onto a whole other level of PJism. Lol ;)

ETA: A bonus of this bhringraj oil is it makes my hair nice and shiny :yep: I've only been using it this week. <3 Ayurveda

MaraWithLove And there's alot of Good Oils Out There.:lick:

billyne

mornin ya'll..
i'm using jbco & evco. i really want to try the sublime sulfur oil mix..i think i'll order some this weekend.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Wash Day: I used EVOO to do an Oil Rinse and Pequi Oil with my Leave-In.:yep:

Probably will moisturize with Pura Body Naturals Sapote Lotion and Lock it Up with Darcy's Pumpkin Seed Exlir.:lick:

faithVA

I bought some flax seed oil today? I think I said I wasn't buying any more. I also purchased 2 bottles of Jojoba from a fellow member. Intend to use those for my oil rinses.

To anyone who has used flax seed oil, how did you like it? I will do some research later.