HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends Sealing&Scalp Oiling 9/1 - 12/31 2011

curlyhersheygirl

Last night I did an overnight HOT with my hemp mix.
Today I oil rinsed with EVOO/EVCO mixed and M&S with SSI pumpkin defrizzer.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Later on this evening I'll do a scalp massage with my sulfur oil, moisturize with Oyin's Juices & Berries, and seal with grapeseed oil, concentrating on my ends.

AwesomelyNappy

wow, as much as i love oils (only thing i'm a pj about nowdays) i cant believe i didnt notice this thread, i didn't even know about the other quarters. lol I'm in! Especially since i just found a health store close to me that sells all kinds of delicious oils, waiting for me to try!

well, the oils i have now are (in no particular order)

Wild Growth Oil
Proclaim Natural 7 Argan Oil
Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal oil
African Royal Hot 6 Oil
grape seed oil
coconut oil
castor oil
hemp oil
jojoba
extra virgin olive oil
olive oil pam (yes pam the cooking oil, but the best choice version (budget cuts yall), but its 100% olive oil in the can. lol)
dabur amla hair oil
bringraj hair oil
shikakai herbal hair oil
neem oil
tree tree oil (i mix a little with oil rinses and dc treatments)

um, i think thats all i have right now... but like i said... theres that health store close by... so err umm... yeah...

Last edited:

AwesomelyNappy

AwesomelyNappy Welcome Girlie! Interesting List. :grin:

Especially the Pam Cooking Spray.:blush:......:lol:

thanks IDareT'sHair!

:look::lachen: lol hey, its still oil right! lol it replaced "oil sheen" type oils for me (although i do love Profective Growth Sheen oil, but cant find it anywhere). its only 1 ingredient vs 50-11. when i ran out of my profectiv one day, i thought... why not? rest is history! lol :grin:

AwesomelyNappy

yup, cant wait to see others creative ideas too.

i actually read about this a long time ago (dont know if on this forum, or another). Its really just an easier way to apply the olive oil that i already use to the hair evenly when i wear braid/twist-outs (and since i spray it thinly over my "out" styles, i dont over manipulate the hair and mess up the waves/curls etc in the progress). I'd never use regular cooking spray (although i did see people using crisco oil to press hair when i was growing up), I only use the 100% olive oil spray. It's basically the same thing as in the fancy glass bottles of oil i already buy, but different packaging and easier application

all this talk about oil is making me want to oil rinse my hair now, but i straightened it last night (and dont plan on straightening again until Jan,) so i'm just going to have to hold this urge until next week...

Last edited:

NappyNelle

Later on this evening I'll do a scalp massage with my sulfur oil, moisturize with Oyin's Juices & Berries, and seal with grapeseed oil, concentrating on my ends.

I ended up sealing with castor oil. My twists may be a little heavy in the morning. but oh well. :lick:

beautyaddict1913

I just washed my hair and Im currently doing an HOT with Hairveda Cocasta Oil. After I rinse I will massage my scalp with a JBCO/Vitamin E/Peppermint Oil mix & when Im done rinsing my DC I will seal my ends with Claudie's Garden Oil!

faithVA

I used both the flax seed oil and the sunflower oil in different sections of my hair before I steamed. But then I rinsed and reparted my hair and couldn't remember which sectiions I applied which oil to. :ohwell:

Will have to try again next time. I could tell that flax seed oil is heavier than sunflower oil. But couldn't tell if I liked one better than the other.

LaidBak

IDareT'sHair. Does flaxseed oil have an odor? What kind of benefits does it have? I mean, I take an Omega 3 6 9 pill every day, but does it work on the hair when applied topically? Is it a ceramide?

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I became a little lax with my oil use and my hair has suffered from that. Back to my moisturing and sealing with my coconut, seseame, rice oil mixture. Love that stuff! Using it to pre-shampoo and seal.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@LaidBak

It's been awhile, but when I purchased it I was looking for EFA (Essential Fatty Acids) Oil and Flaxseed Oil popped up in my Search so I got it.

I can't remember what it smelled like? But it wasn't 'offensive' that I can recall.

I thought it was a little 'expensive' tho. I think I only had like 6 ounces.

But I used it right up (so I musta' liked it:lol:)

Because it was hiding in my cabinet behind something else.:blush:

curlyhersheygirl

LaidBak I know you didn't ask me but I use virgin flax seed oil so I thought I would add my two cents.

It doesn't have an odor and it's very light , non greasy and absorbs quickly .
I've found that adding it to my mix I use for HOT's have improved my moisture retention.
As IDareT'sHair said it can be a bit expensive , I paid $11 for 8.45oz at my local supermarket and I've seen it for as much as $15 elsewhere.
HTH

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
curlyhersheygirl Thanks Curly!:grin: I may look at my Health Food Store next time I go to pick up some Braggs ACV.

*oh snap* I just rememember No Oil until 2012.:blush:

I ordered mine on-line so it was pretty pricey with Shipping & all. I think I got mine from Mountain Rose Herbs along with Hempseed and something else.

curlyhersheygirl

curlyhersheygirl Thanks Curly!:grin: I may look at my Health Food Store next time I go to pick up some Braggs ACV.

*oh snap* I just rememember No Oil until 2012.:blush:

I ordered mine on-line so it was pretty pricey with Shipping & all. I think I got mine from Mountain Rose Herbs along with Hempseed and something else.

IDareT'sHair 2012 will be here soon enough and I know you have lots of oils to hold you until then. Just keep it in mind until then.

choctaw

oil rinsed with blend of oils infused with henna, amla, brahmi and maka before swim class. About to do another oil rinse with maka infused sesame oil. If I go swimming again this evening, will do another oil rinse ...:look:

NappyNelle

felic1 ppo= pre-poo, a Pre-Shampooing treatment. Many of us are doing a hot oil treatment or moisture treatment before shampooing. Hope that helps!

Angelicus

I am protecting my previously relaxed hair with my shealoe butter tonight before relaxing my hair with Lianage Shea Butter Relaxer tomorrow morning.

Ltown

Greyland
I been using my enso serum, have a little left maybe i will infuse some grapeseed with brahmi thats been sitting around.

youwillrise

i'm innnnn if it's still okay to join!

i'd forgotten how much i love oil rinses and such.

i went out and got some castor oil...slathered it on top of my kenra mc dc that had been marinating in my hair since last night. left it on for about 15 minutes or so, rinsed with cool/cold water and ohhhh my hair feels divine. that castor oil definitely boosted my moisture levels. feels so soft and moisturized.

why do i never keep up with doing this?!

so i'll be oil rinsing with castor oil to seal in moisture from conditionings and then using oyin burnt sugar pomade to style twists and seal moisture out of the shower.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Frequently used:
jbco - use on scalp every wash day and 1-2x weekly
Tiiva growth oil - use 1-2x weekly (no growth obtained from it, just like the oil)
SDH Nourish - sealing; a little goes a long way

Periodically used:
Vatika frosting - periodically for a refreshing scent or on scalp for the first week after TU
Moroccan Oil and Alfaparf Semi Di Lino - use when rollersetting

Collecting Dust:
Grapeseed
Lavender
Rosemary
Thyme
Vatika (this one is oil, not the frosting)
Amla
Hot Six
Evoo