Hip Length 2011!! Let's do this!!

Lita

Finally a length check from me. I don't think my hair has grown that much this year. I haven't been taking care of my ends. I'm starting to wonder if I've hit my terminal length at waist length.

My DD said I need to trim my ends. I may just have to. I have like 4 inches to go to hit TBL I think. I might trim in Dec back to MBL. We'll see. I'm going to get it professionally done in a few weeks and do another length check.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Your hair looks really pretty....

Happy Hair Growing!

Ms Lala

Finally a length check from me. I don't think my hair has grown that much this year. I haven't been taking care of my ends. I'm starting to wonder if I've hit my terminal length at waist length.

My DD said I need to trim my ends. I may just have to. I have like 4 inches to go to hit TBL I think. I might trim in Dec back to MBL. We'll see. I'm going to get it professionally done in a few weeks and do another length check.

Your hair looks good. Maybe you should just trim so that it's right at waist length. I don't think you need to cut it up to MBL.

Candy828

:sekret: Now you know I'm watching you...:lol: Let' me just quote those famous last words.... It went something like this....

[Originally Posted by BostonMaria
I'm here for the same reason!! LMFAO :lachen:
I'm planting my butt down right hea till everybody in the other thread throws away their scissors

I cut my hair about 3 times last year trying to get blunt ends... only to find out that my hair just naturally grows in a V no matter how many times I cut it. I also found out that my hair eventually catches up with the lead hairs. I ended up retaining only 3 inches of hair and staying at MBL almost the entire damn year.

I'm not mad at anybody for cutting their hair, but I can't watchit. Just. Can't. :grin:]

:lachen::lachen:Don't be to quick about that :lachen::lachen:

:heart: by the way..... your hair is beautiful....:love2:

Last edited:

BostonMaria

Hot DaYUM I got busted!
:sekret:
Candy came in like Inspector Gadget and shiiiiii.... LMFAOPIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think my hair is dry as hell and that's why it might look so Kentucky Fried Chicken on the ends ahahaha I won't cut cuz honestly I'm afraid of you guys

I apologize, I've been away for sometime. How is everyone doing?

I wish I could provide an update on my hair. I don't even know what's going on with it. I think my hair has become weaker with raised cuticles as a result of a recent rod set done. My hair is usually very strong, coarse, and easy to press with mild/moderate heat. Recently it has been very wiry and frizzes at the slightest hint of wind. Moisture or not.

Length wise- I'm sure I need a trim. Has anyone had a similar experience with their natural hair?

NJoy

Here I grow again!

I wish I could provide an update on my hair. I don't even know what's going on with it. I think my hair has become weaker with raised cuticles as a result of a recent rod set done. My hair is usually very strong, coarse, and easy to press with mild/moderate heat. Recently it has been very wiry and frizzes at the slightest hint of wind. Moisture or not.

Length wise- I'm sure I need a trim. Has anyone had a similar experience with their natural hair?

Hey girl. Good to see you back. Did you try porosity control or clarify? I'd try those and then do moisturizing DC.

Lucia

Maybe you need to clarify then DC with a moisturizing conditioner. HHG

Maybe you need to clarify then DC with a moisturizing conditioner. HHG

Hey girl. Good to see you back. Did you try porosity control or clarify? I'd try those and then do moisturizing DC.

Thank you VERY much for responding ladies. I have tried clarifying then DC with a moisturizing conditioner/concoction. I have also tried leaving that conditioner on my hair for a few days. No luck. Still soft, wiry, static-ky, lifted, weaker than usual hair.

I'm not sure I know what porosity control is. Are porosity control products used to maintain pH of hair? How is this different from me purchasing something like aphogee protein treatment? How am I certain that my hair is not in need of more protein instead?

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Thank much VERY much ladies for responding. I have tried clarifying then DC with a moisturizing conditioner/concoction. I have also tried leaving that conditioner on my hair for a few days. No luck. Still soft, wiry, static-ky, lifted, weaker than usual hair.

I'm not sure I know what porosity control is. Are porosity control products used to maintain pH of hair? How is this different from me purchasing something like aphogee protein treatment?

Roux Porosity Control closes the cuticles. You could also do the same with ACV rinse. Aphgogee is a protein treatment to strengthen.

I really hope you can get that under control. Sounds frustrating. :sad:

MariposaSexyGirl

Thank you VERY much for responding ladies. I have tried clarifying then DC with a moisturizing conditioner/concoction. I have also tried leaving that conditioner on my hair for a few days. No luck. Still soft, wiry, static-ky, lifted, weaker than usual hair.

I'm not sure I know what porosity control is. Are porosity control products used to maintain pH of hair? How is this different from me purchasing something like aphogee protein treatment? How am I certain that my hair is not in need of more protein instead?

Seems like very good advice given. I hope you are able to get it corrected.

NikkiGirl

I love your hair. It is so thick and pretty. Maybe do a small trim and see if that revs your hair into some action. :grin:

NikkiGirl

@NikkiGirl.... I don't use any other kind of moisturizer that I seal the oil with. I don't know what I would use if I did want to use a moisturizer either lol. I use it on dry hair btw. I know oils are for sealing but I think they can be good for protecting the hair also since oils like jojoba and the avocado are pretty similar to our own sebum. I just don't like the idea of using any kind of silicone or synthetic product on my ends so I just use oil...
Also, my hair tends to reject most products, almost everything I use will lead to severe dryness.
If I don't straighten my hair I'll still use avocado or coconut but on wet hair and much more heavily. On dry ends I use a TINY amount.

Thanks, I really need a regimen to take better care of my ends. It is something I am gonna have to work on, I have been using oil on dry ends sometimes, but my problem is with consistency. But I haven't tried Avocado, Boston Maria really likes it as well, so I am definitely gonna give it a go. Thanks! :grin:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Hello, you long-haired Divas! Checking in to see how everyone's doing. We should be seeing a lot more updates rolling in for a mid-year check in. Let's see where everyone is with another half a year's worth of growing left. :click:

I think after I have my hair flat ironed next week, I may have it braided down and do some crochet braids or at least wig it. I've wanted to have my hair cornrowed for awhile but, the thought of somebody trying to comb thru and part this hair
Yikes! Now I have to find someone who braids...gently.

And, btw, do you think Crochet Braids put too much stress on the braided down hair? I saw a really good YT vid on how to do them and it look good. Just wondering if the weight of the hair is too much. Here's the video that I watched.

FoxxyLocs

I tried a rollerset again today. Failed again. I can't comb through my hair after I take the rollers out, so I can't do the silk wrap I've been really wanting to try. My hair is long and thick, which is good, but I'm having a tough time with the DIY styling. Everything just ends up in a bun. If anybody has advice I'm all ears. Anywho, here's some pics.

ETA: Didn't know they'd be so big, sorry. :)

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Hey ladies,
Just checking in. Everyone looks great!
I've been checking my length in the shower (a la Kimmaytube) but I ain't taking or posting pics-LOL. My v is so prominent and it's a little past WL. BostonMaria - you betta not do a BKT - I've only heard of damaging stories...

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Hey ladies,
Just checking in. Everyone looks great!
I've been checking my length in the shower (a la Kimmaytube) but I ain't taking or posting pics-LOL. My v is so prominent and it's a little past WL. BostonMaria - you betta not do a BKT - I've only heard of damaging stories...

No fair! You won't share!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I tried a rollerset again today. Failed again. I can't comb through my hair after I take the rollers out, so I can't do the silk wrap I've been really wanting to try. My hair is long and thick, which is good, but I'm having a tough time with the DIY styling. Everything just ends up in a bun. If anybody has advice I'm all ears. Anywho, here's some pics.

Now thass some thickness! Nice!

Lucia

Your hiar is sooooo thick, IMO just give up on roller sets alltogether, I have and my hair's like don't even :lol: cause it never works. Just learn how to flat iron, let it air dry the evening before or diffuse on low heat and stretch your sections. HTH

Now thass some thickness! Nice!

I 2nd that.

BostonMaria

FoxxyLocs your hair is GORGEOUS!!!! I love the thickness

Let me see if I can help you. I've been rollersetting my own hair for like 25 years. Did you air dry or use a hair dryer? What did you put in your hair prior to rollersetting? Because if I put too much stuff in my hair it comes out poofy. I only wash, deep condition, rinse, detangle, and add a leave-in conditioner. Nothing else.

Lita

FoxxyLocs Your hair is absolutely beautiful & I love the thickness....Keep Growing...

Happy Hair Growing!

Roux Porosity Control closes the cuticles. You could also do the same with ACV rinse. Aphgogee is a protein treatment to strengthen.

I really hope you can get that under control. Sounds frustrating. :sad:

After reading some information, I feel like a combination of those 2 products would be best because my hair also feels and appears to be in need of protein.

I was thinking next wash I would first clarify but the order in which the roux and aphogee should be used confuses me..

help please...:look:

Whimsy

OMG the hair the hair the haaaaaiiiiir. I've been avoiding this thread, especially since i'm thinking of cutting, but seeing the big long hair here.....oh gooooosh.

Dee Raven

OMG the hair the hair the haaaaaiiiiir. I've been avoiding this thread, especially since i'm thinking of cutting, but seeing the big long hair here.....oh gooooosh.

Wait, thinking of cutting!?! I thought you already cut. :lachen:Oooh, Whimsy , I think they might be coming for you.

Whimsy

Here's a pic taken today. It looks like the longest bits are roughly 3 inches from HL (where my hand is resting). Once I reach hip I'll maintain and trim until length is even. If all goes well (drink lots of water, eat well, and exercise) I may be able to reach HL by Dec...if not, Mar/April. ;)
http://[IMG]http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/brookingsenterprises/IMG_2327.jpg[/IMG]

Finally posting my post perm pic...a week late. I finally got new batteries for my camera. :grin:

PRE-PERM

POST-PERM

I'm glad to see the ends are thickening, seeing the results is really what helped me not to blunt cut my hair for now. :yep: The challenge continues...

BEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUTTTIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Lucia

Finally posting my post perm pic...a week late. I finally got new batteries for my camera. :grin:

I'm glad to see the ends are thickening, seeing the results is really what helped me not to blunt cut my hair for now. :yep: The challenge continues...

Great progress I think you can make TL even by th end of his year
HHG

Lucia

After reading some information, I feel like a combination of those 2 products would be best because my hair also feels and appears to be in need of protein.

I was thinking next wash I would first clarify but the order in which the roux and aphogee should be used confuses me..

help please...:look:

Here's what I would do this process will take a day.
1. If you shampoo do that first if not skip to step 2
2. Clarify then rinse a lot.
3. Do the Aphogee 2-step treatment and follow those directions exactly don't move you hair when it's dried hard rinse rinse rinse then you can touch your hair and make sure it's all out. Follow up with he balancing moisturizing conditioner.
4. DC with your best moisturizing conditioner under steamer or warm damp towel or heat cap. Let cool then rinse.
5. Use porosity control it will lay down the cuticle and "seal" everything you've done.

HTH

Last edited:

FoxxyLocs

Thanks ladies!

BostonMaria I just washed and DCd then sprayed on my leave in and heat protectant. No other products. I used magnetic snap on rollers with some jumbo flexirods at the top. Dried under my soft bonnet dryer.

Lucia I haven't worn my hair straight in about 7 years. I think I'm gonna have to start straightening though. IDK what else to do with it. I just don't want heat damage since I won't be wearing it straight all the time. I watched some YT vids on the comb chase method, so I think I will try that with lower heat.

What flat iron are you all using? I'm looking at the Solia or the Sedu. Is there a big difference between the two?

JJamiah

Hey Ladies Not doing much to my hair; wearing it up in a bun giving my wigs a break. :)

I am back at WL from my big trim :)
I am in the game to be WHIP Length by December 2011.

Going to get a corrective relaxer on July 2 and Henna July 9 :)

My LUSH CACA NOIR was a flop :( So No more of that, but I will use up what I have :)