WL 2011

curlycrocheter

Hey everybody! Congrats on all the progress. I hate to say it...but I'm officially dropping out of this challenge. I've BC'd to about chin length. Pics to come.

HHG Ladies!!!

JJamiah

^^ I concur, JJ go on ahead and take the lead! :)

Yall need Shame :giggle:

You know @mEmYSELFaNDj your longer and best to lead us.

I am not going to be a member after January so that wouldn't be fair to you all. (might come back in June of 2012)

Plus MM is so creative with that bun (plus I did BSL 2010, and she didn't do any yet) :lachen: I am digging real DEEP LOL

mEmYSELFaNDj

^^ Awh naaaww haha you really did your research huh. I can't do it, I am just now getting consistent with posting, Not planning on it but what if I back track and do a disappearing act again, I can't be the thread leader. Oh and I'm having a baby soon so I may be MIA for a lil while so ya'll dont want me leading. (Yes!!I have a good excuse to get out of this, thanks baby in my tummy)

So if JJamiah can't do it, then I guess its going to have to be you exubah!! hehe Yes hot potato, exubah it's on your lap now. Go ahead and start the HL in 2012 thread.

mEmYSELFaNDj

^^ I haven't trimmed since Dec 2008, I know I know I'm bad. I plan on trimming Dec 2011 and hopefully after that I'll do regular trims or at least dustings every 3-4 mos.

bigbrowneyez

I agree someone should lead us to HL! Lol

As an update, I'm 9 weeks post and about 2in to go. I made it back to MBL since my last trim in June. Still should be on track for WL or darn close to it by years end. Happy growing! (sorry, no pics yet)

bebezazueta

Ok ok since none of the qualified ladies want to do it. I'll volunteer. I'll be starting a wHip length 2012 thread. It will be for those who are endeavoring to grow to whip ( between waist and hip) JJamiah coined this term OR hip length by December 2012.

I'm currently at MBL stretched and look forward to wHipping it with you all.

Stay tuned.

JJamiah

Ok ok since none of the qualified ladies want to do it. I'll volunteer. I'll be starting a wHip length 2012 thread. It will be for those who are endeavoring to grow to whip ( between waist and hip) @JJamiah coined this term OR hip length by December 2012.

Stay tuned.

bebezazueta I am joining :)

I pray all of you are safe, Waiting for the Tri-Terror to pass!

LaVgirl

I'll definitely be joining the whip challenge as well.

On a side note, I ordered the Huetiful Hair Steamer last week. It should arrive tomorrow - very excited to try it out!

Lucia

Ok ok since none of the qualified ladies want to do it. I'll volunteer. I'll be starting a wHip length 2012 thread. It will be for those who are endeavoring to grow to whip ( between waist and hip) JJamiah coined this term OR hip length by December 2012.

Stay tuned.

I'll be cheering you ladies on :weird: :yay:
And checking in when I can, let's grow that hair and whip that hair back and forth. :lachen:

BTW bebezazueta
I made up that length term in this poll
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=526669

exubah

Hey All!!

bebezazueta I'm happy you are taking up the challenge in starting a beyond WL thread....wHip sounds like an awesome idea! I don't know as yet if I want to go beyond WL.

I just relaxed my hair last night....I need to update my siggy....and I'm somewhere between 3 and 4 inches from WL when my hair is wet. My hair is still awfully thin though so I need to up my JBCO applications and get back into henna and indigo.

Everyone's hair looks so beautiful!

bigbrowneyez

just an unofficial update: i'm 12wks post. i blow dried my hair last week (no flat iron) to see my progress. the roots were still puffy underneath but i just wanted to see how things were looking. Dunno how long I plan to stretch this time, but definitely relaxing before Christmas. Depends on how long i wanna deal with the dueling textures. As a comparison, the first pic was 75% airdried hair after my last relaxer in June. The pic now is from last week (~Aug 30th). 2in more to WL. I should make it by Dec :-D

Attachments

• june 2011 LC (2).jpg
    june 2011 LC (2).jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Aug 30 2011.jpg
    Aug 30 2011.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 110

tthreat08

Hello Ladies....Just an update photo...I'm touching waistlength now. Don't know if I'm trying to grow any longer than this. We'll see...

Attachments

• wl2011_b.JPG
    wl2011_b.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 184

Iamhim

Hola! Sign me up, my starting picture is below.

I just finished the BSL 2010 challenge. If you are interested, you can find my 2010 photos here:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/12482847-post2041.html

I'll be honest with y'all up front. I suck at regimens. Most of the time I wear my hair in its natural curly state, whether it be a wash n go, or in a ponytail/bun. But I get bored from time to time and I'll do a roller set or flat iron my hair. Sometimes I cowash, sometimes I use shampoo. I hardly ever deep condition. As a matter fact the only thing that I do on a regular basis is use Herbal Essence Hello Hydration as a leave in. I've used it so much in the past year, that I can't remember what my hair feels like without it. Anyway...good luck to all! I'll try to check in quarterly with updates!

Hey all, sorry I haven't been checking in like I should. Its been a really crazy year for me. I made a big move cross country and started a new job. Life has been hectic!

At any rate, this might be my last post in this challenge as I don't know if I will make it to WL by the end of this year. I trimmed today and this was my THIRD trim for the year. (Each trim being around 1 inch or so). I find as my hair gets longer its harder to keep my ends healthy. And I do not like unhealthy ends. I do not believe in "lead hairs" and I prefer a blunt cut. That's just my preference.

Anyway, I'm not really sure what length it is now....right below BSL? MBL??? Not sure. I am totally satisfied with whatever length it is. I am going to focus on keeping my ends healthy. I hope to be WL one day, but if it isn't this year, oh well.

So here are the pics.....

Blow dried hair:

Flat Ironed Hair PRE TRIM:

POST TRIM (1.5in to 2in trimmed):

In the event that I do not do an end of year update, good luck to everyone!!!! :)