WL 2011

exubah

Okay, here goes......

After some encouragement in the MBL 2010 thread I have decided to get an early jump on starting a WL 2011 thread. I am suffering some setbacks right now but I believe I can still make WL before December 31st, 2011...God willing and barring no more setbacks!!

My goal is to have a blunt, healthy relaxed waist length head of hair before 11:59:59pm December 31st, 2011.

Here is what I am going to do to get there...

1. Protective styling (mainly buns, alternating positions)
2. DC at least once a week
3. Rollerset at least twice a month (I have learned the hard way that this helps me to properly detangle my hair!!)
4. JBCO on my roots 2-3 times a week minimum
5. Relax every 10-12 weeks (No-lye)
6. Moisturize and seal religiously

Anyone can join at anytime, however names will not be added to the official challenger's list after 1/1/2011. I would like participants to offer words of encouragement, updates and photos if you so desire.

Official Challengers

nakiallovesshoes
Exubah
my-everything
MCrzyGr
*CherryPie*
Nelli04
keniciah
grow
NikkiGirl
LovelyNaps26
casey3035
JJamiah
MsTwan
BlackGeisha
UrbainChic
HERMOM
czyfaith77
Reecie
beauti4dlo
soon2bsl
mwedzi
lane
CurlyMoo
Bluetopia
bryantgurls
soonergirl
Black Hoya Chick
Bun Mistress
Janet'
lalla
Vee-Vee
Mrs.J
iNicola
bebezazueta
aa9746
Aireen
LongCurlyLocks
Southernbella.
LaFemmeNaturelle
Abdijz
LouLou1355
VicTorIAn
Lovelylife
Mane Attraxion
mEmYSELFaNDj
Wildchild453
Nasdaq Diva
Firstborn2
S4pphir3
aymone
alima
taj
luvbighair
PEACHEY
Solitude
ojemba
omachine
GodsGrace
SlantedEyezMiss2003
ActionActress
DesignerCurls
Morenita
WriteCurl
Incrediblehairgirl
january noir
legallycurly
BlackDiamond1
constance
SingBrina
honeisos
bbdgirl
luvbighair
lilsparkle825
dyamonds10
Lei*Lei
xmasbaby78
princessdi
coconut
Naturallista
bigbrowneyez
Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll
PeculiarDaye
DaDragonPrincess
Carisa
Carrie A
Sunshine_One
jasmineml
KitaRose
Kurlee
misslaraj
lawyer2be371
LunadeMiel
bless57
CB1731
wyldcurlz
starofsouth
bbdgirl
lilliz6
NYDee
afrodominicana
tayflea
Ms Coco37
NaturalBeauty<3
tthreat08
NikStar
Cherokia-Rose
~*Zai*~
AlliCat
Awura
Kimbosheart
julzinha
sopo144
ckisland
Iamhim
thaidreams
Lilpaw
MrsHouston
LayneJ

Last edited:

my-everything

Thanks for starting this challenge!!!

My longest layer is only 4 inches away so i should make it by at least February/March 2011:grin::grin::grin:

Nelli04

I'm down, I'm currently aiming for BSL in Dec 2010 or Feb 2011. My WL is 4.5 inches from bsl, so I'm aiming for WL by December 2011

NikkiGirl

I am in Exubah, thanks for starting this. I am in the MBL challenge and will be there before the end of this year. Let's get to Waist Length Ladies. Yay!!!

LovelyNaps26

I'm in! My current length is layered APL, as seen in my siggy. I hope to be grazing BSL by the end of the year.

My goal is to reach a U-shaped waist length by the end of 2011.

casey3035

I am in the MBL challenge so why not join this as well-but I will join once i see where i am in Dec. since I have til the 1st of Jan. to join this challenge...Thanks!

exubah

Welcome ladies............I will start adding names later this week!!!! Looking forward to a HHJ.

BlackGeisha

I'm in. currently BSL, hoping for MBL by the end of 2010 then WL by Dec. 2011

I'm going to continue:

1. Washing 2x's a week
2. Maintain my moisture protein balance
3. Apply CO 2x's per week
4. Protective style 6 of 7 days per week
5. Moisturize and seal when needed
6. Comb 1x a week after shampoo wash

*I have 2 weeks until I relax, I'll submit a starting pic at that time.

Last edited:

UrbainChic

I think I'd like to join! I have been falling off the hair bandwagon lately, and even though this is long term i think this will help me out.

Dec 2011 is about 18 months from now so at half an inch per month thats 9 potential inches to retain. :lick::lick::lick: That leaves room for trims or even a full on hair cut. I am feeling optimistic about this!

czyfaith77

I will go for this. Count me in. I don't care if it is Dec. 31 2011, which is my wedding anniversary.

Reecie

Ouuuuoooooohhh girl, I am sooooo down. Now you got me excited. I'm going to get my tape measure and I'll be right back!! Waistlength 2011 here I come!!!:grin::grin::grin:

So I just measured... I have 8 inches to WL.

I am hoping to get 3 inches by the end of this year, which leaves me with 5 inches next year until I reach waistlength! YAY!!!

Last edited:

czyfaith77

I think I'd like to join! I have been falling off the hair bandwagon lately, and even though this is long term i think this will help me out.

Dec 2011 is about 18 months from now so at half an inch per month thats 9 potential inches to retain. :lick::lick::lick: That leaves room for trims or even a full on hair cut. I am feeling optimistic about this!

That is a good way to look at it. You gave me a mental picture to aim at. Thanks!

beauti4dlo

I would LOVE to join!!!! I thinl alot of us can achieve this in the allotted time frame!!! Ahhhh, I'm super excited!!!!!! I'm going to show my hair super TLC, so o can gain my 9+ inches with the summer spurt!!! Excited, rupunzel hair here I come baby!!!!!!!!!!! Let's get it ladies!!!!

soon2bsl

Yay, so glad this thread was created! Definitely count me in! I'm BSL right now, and should make MBL by the end of the year. I'm about 2 inches from MBL and about 5 inches from WL. My goal is to make WL by next summer so I would love to join this challenge! Once I get to WL I'll maintain at waist and start trimming as I grow, until all my relaxed ends are gone (I'm 1 year post, doing a long term transition to natural). Can wait to see everyone's progress...we can do this ladies!! :)

Last edited:

anon123

Man, y'all start early. Y'all come out with the cars for the next year. :lol: We still got 6 months until the start of 2011!

anywho, 2011 is my year for WL. I'm mbl now, so 3" from wl.

CurlyMoo

Count me in please. I'm already in the WL 2010 but if I don't make it and forget to add my name I would like to pre-register now. I'm currently MBL and not sure how far from WL. I think at least 2 inches. At the beginning of the year I was 3 inches from WL.

Bluetopia

Yaaaaaaaassss!!! :superbanana::clap::weird:

I didnt even finish reading this thread and I'm IN!

You had me at hello! This has been my goal since day one!! :gorgeous:

ok - lemme calm down and actually read what you wrote :giggle:

bryantgurls

I am so in :yep: I haven't even made BSL yet, but I do believe that I can make WL by the end of 2011. I have about 8 inches to go I think. I am excited!!! :grin::grin::grin:

nakialovesshoes

:bighug: to you Exubah. Thanks so much for starting this thread. My hair is just a little past my bra strap. I haven't trimmed since August 2009 so I will not be claiming MBL until September/October after my trim.

Right now I'm bunning & some times I wear wigs. Unless I get some serious extra cash, I will continue to PS my way to MBL. After MBL, it will be the same thing: hiding my hair & BT on the scalp.

I will post my starting pic in here when I officially claim MBL.

I'm excited to see the regulars from the MBL thread as well as the new ladies. We're virtually holding hands & walking into the "Big Girls" Club. I'm sooo excited. My hair has never been much longer than it is now & I never even entertained having WL hair until this forum.

Let's get it popping ladies!

Bun Mistress

I'm in. I think MBL was my goal but man was I wrong!

I plan to continue to PS (buns and braids),
wash once a week and DC (I have not been DC'ing in braids but I will start
trim twice a year (went a whole this year time, naugthy me)
Continue to transition, I will be close to three year post relaxer at the end of this challenge.
Also ***I promise not to BC before I reach WL***