WL 2011

CurlyMoo

Almost there, only 2 1/2 months to go. I hope I can make it!

Attachments

• 11-15-10_2103.jpg
    11-15-10_2103.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 11-15-10_2105.jpg
    11-15-10_2105.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 11-15-10_2115.jpg
    11-15-10_2115.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 150

anon123

Blow dried hair:

Flat Ironed Hair PRE TRIM:

POST TRIM (1.5in to 2in trimmed):

In the event that I do not do an end of year update, good luck to everyone!!!! :)

Your hair is fabulous.

CurlyMoo

@CurlyMoo you look past WL on your way to hippie to me! Congrats lady you have fabulous hair

Thanks Bebe! What a wonderful thing to say! :grin: And it feels good to think of my hair on it's way to hip. Looks like I have more to grow, but it feels like it's past WL. Hard to explain. Perhaps I will need to reach hip in order to feel like I have reached waist. :ohwell:

Carrie A

Hey guys ((wave)). I know I said in a previous post that my tail had reached waist length. Well I finally straightened, so I thought I would share. Check my siggy pic. Still have a way to go before all the hair catches up, but I'm doing well overall.

Lucia

Hey guys ((wave)). I know I said in a previous post that my tail had reached waist length. Well I finally straightened, so I thought I would share. Check my siggy pic. Still have a way to go before all the hair catches up, but I'm doing well overall.

Carrie A
Nice, you're WL congratz. :woot:
ITA you don't have long for the other hairs to catch up, they seem to grow faster when there are some lead hairs.

Last edited:

faithVA

Congratulations carrie_A. It looks fabulous.

Kurlee

Hey all, sorry I haven't been checking in like I should. Its been a really crazy year for me. I made a big move cross country and started a new job. Life has been hectic!

At any rate, this might be my last post in this challenge as I don't know if I will make it to WL by the end of this year. I trimmed today and this was my THIRD trim for the year. (Each trim being around 1 inch or so). I find as my hair gets longer its harder to keep my ends healthy. And I do not like unhealthy ends. I do not believe in "lead hairs" and I prefer a blunt cut. That's just my preference.

Anyway, I'm not really sure what length it is now....right below BSL? MBL??? Not sure. I am totally satisfied with whatever length it is. I am going to focus on keeping my ends healthy. I hope to be WL one day, but if it isn't this year, oh well.

So here are the pics.....

Blow dried hair:

Flat Ironed Hair PRE TRIM:

POST TRIM (1.5in to 2in trimmed):

In the event that I do not do an end of year update, good luck to everyone!!!! :)
:drool:
:drool::spinning:

Janet'

:congrats: :congrats: to all ladies who made WL this year!!! :band: :band: I am debating on whether or not I want to join the WHIP Length Challenge...I'm going tomorrow to darken my hair and do a length check--I've been at MBL FOREVER!!!!

HanaKuroi

I think it is between waist and hip. I think it is called that because everyone hips and waists are different? Some people are shortwaisted, long torso ..... I hope this doesn't start a new thread. :D

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Janet'

Here's my color update...bye, bye blonde!

The first one is a comparison shot from July, the last two are from yesterday.

Attachments

• July Hair Update 012.JPG
    July Hair Update 012.JPG
    351.1 KB · Views: 81
  • October 29 Length Check 2011 005.JPG
    October 29 Length Check 2011 005.JPG
    322.2 KB · Views: 84
  • October 29 Length Check 2011 007.JPG
    October 29 Length Check 2011 007.JPG
    376.3 KB · Views: 95

cocosweet

Today I get dh to pull a straightened strand of hair in the back to tell me how far from wl I am. As it is, I'm dangerously close to saying "*** it all."

I feel like I've been bending over backwards, hopscotching, and knocking myself out trying to reach my goal this year. Been pretty diligent with the sulfur mix usage. I feel like my hair has been at a standstill since August.

So dh tells me I'm about 6 inches away from waist. Then I noticed he was touching the waistband of my pants. Now you know the waistbands on women's pants have been low slung for awhile now. I'm like,"That's my hip bone fool!":lol::kick2:I had to give him an anatomy lesson on where the natural waist is. Narrowest part of the torso! Turns out that my longest strands are 2" from scraping waist length. Let me kick him again. :kick2:
So I guess I'm not going to *** it all after all. I'm riding this out until New Years Eve.

Southernbella.

Any updates?

I'm going to straighten either next week or the week after. I stretched my hair earlier and it seems to be pretty close, but the real moment of truth will be when I actually flat iron it. *fingers crossed*

Aireen

Well since it's December and I never really came into this thread consistently so I thought I'd post a final update. I'm pretty proud of myself, I had a slight mishap so my hair is a bit thinner but after looking at my progress pictures, it's nice to know that my hair is showing adequate growth. I'm ready to accept that I made my goals this year, even though it may not be to my full potential (as in not having V shaped hair) but I can still go on to my 2012 challenges feeling optimistic. Anyway, if you're interested, click here for my most recent update. Happy hair growing~

DesignerCurls

Year end check in...I didn't make WL this year. :nono: But I am pleased with my progress and hopefully I will be able to officially claim MBL in a couple of weeks after I flat iron my hair for a length check! :yep:

Congrats to everyone who made WL this year! HHG!