Hip Length 2011!! Let's do this!!

Lucia

Thanks ladies!

BostonMaria I just washed and DCd then sprayed on my leave in and heat protectant. No other products. I used magnetic snap on rollers with some jumbo flexirods at the top. Dried under my soft bonnet dryer.

Lucia I haven't worn my hair straight in about 7 years. I think I'm gonna have to start straightening though. IDK what else to do with it. I just don't want heat damage since I won't be wearing it straight all the time. I watched some YT vids on the comb chase method, so I think I will try that with lower heat.

What flat iron are you all using? I'm looking at the Solia or the Sedu. Is there a big difference between the two?

I've heard good things about the sedu, but I use maxiglide.
check out richeau's YT she uses a sedu too.

Mz.MoMo5235

so i'm here in tx... its no fun here. we have to take a cab EVERY WHERE!!! and i wasted one of my trips to get some suave coconut cond for my co-washes just to find out today that i grabbed the darn shampoo!!!!

I DONT KNOW WHEN I'M GOING TO THE STORE AGAIN!!!! GGGGRRRRRRR

wyldcurlz

soooo....i think i'm going to have to bow out of this challenge and CHEER HARD and LEARN from the posts all you beautifully long haired ladies make.

i fell victim to scissor happy stylist today who has a thing against "thin ends." :sad: i lost the damn thin ends war today and went from bBSL/MBL to about an inch above BSL (when straightened.) :sad:

yes, i have "lead hairs" or whatever. i fought for my hair! which i've sacrificed so much for. i told her that all the strands on a head don't grow at the same time and that i've always had "thin ends" so cutting them wasn't going to accomplish anything. especially since she'd "trimmed" me on april 5th (which i was somewhat okay with since it was my first professional trim in a year.)

but she cut anyway, after saying she wouldn't. now, instead of my healthy, hearty looking "thin ends" i now have ends that look wispy and thin. :nono: i could cry. i don't know what to do or how to feel. i feel at a loss, though.

so please, keep posting and telling us all what you are doing and how you are loving up on your hair. i'll be posting and encouraging (enviously) from the HL in 2011 sidelines. good luck to every one of the challengers!

Lucia

so i'm here in tx... its no fun here. we have to take a cab EVERY WHERE!!! and i wasted one of my trips to get some suave coconut cond for my co-washes just to find out today that i grabbed the darn shampoo!!!!

I DONT KNOW WHEN I'M GOING TO THE STORE AGAIN!!!! GGGGRRRRRRR

Wow they still have you in limbo over there, nest shopping trip make a list first so if you feel rushed you can focus and get what you wanted.
Your hair is going to grow, grow like crazy in India.

soooo....i think i'm going to have to bow out of this challenge and CHEER HARD and LEARN from the posts all you beautifully long haired ladies make.

i fell victim to scissor happy stylist today who has a thing against "thin ends." :sad: i lost the damn thin ends war today and went from bBSL/MBL to about an inch above BSL (when straightened.) :sad:

yes, i have "lead hairs" or whatever. i fought for my hair! which i've sacrificed so much for. i told her that all the strands on a head don't grow at the same time and that i've always had "thin ends" so cutting them wasn't going to accomplish anything. especially since she'd "trimmed" me on april 5th (which i was somewhat okay with since it was my first professional trim in a year.)

but she cut anyway, after saying she wouldn't. now, instead of my healthy, hearty looking "thin ends" i now have ends that look wispy and thin. :nono: i could cry. i don't know what to do or how to feel. i feel at a loss, though.

so please, keep posting and telling us all what you are doing and how you are loving up on your hair. i'll be posting and encouraging (enviously) from the HL in 2011 sidelines. good luck to every one of the challengers!

:blowkiss:
OH sorry this happened, Im glad you fought for every inch though don't let them bully you. You will bounce back, fine hair is just as healthy as thicker hair.

BostonMaria

Thanks ladies!

@BostonMaria I just washed and DCd then sprayed on my leave in and heat protectant. No other products. I used magnetic snap on rollers with some jumbo flexirods at the top. Dried under my soft bonnet dryer.

@FoxxyLocs did you spray on the heat protectant before or after your hair was dry?

OMG the hair the hair the haaaaaiiiiir. I've been avoiding this thread, especially since i'm thinking of cutting, but seeing the big long hair here.....oh gooooosh.

Whimsy I just did a double-take
You're trying to cut it again?!!! Is Maria gonna have to go to NY and smack you? :ohwell::lachen:

Ms Lala

Yall are keeping me motivated because the scissors are calling my name. I think it's the heat, it's over 100 degrees here. I just twisted my hair because it helps keep my scalp cool and I can leave my hair alone. I'll try to take a pic and post.

MariposaSexyGirl

Yall are keeping me motivated because the scissors are calling my name. I think it's the heat, it's over 100 degrees here. I just twisted my hair because it helps keep my scalp cool and I can leave my hair alone. I'll try to take a pic and post.

It has been 100 degrees lately here too. Omg! I straightened my hair for an event yesterday and my neck was sweating lol. I just went ahead and put it in a ponytail. Can't wait to see a pic of your luscious locks :grin:.

schipperchow1

Sending hugs your way. I'm rarely on the site anymore but wanted to encourage you. I'm sure you feel like :cry2: but it will grow back...just be sure to baby those ends :yep:

HHG:sunshine:

Mz.MoMo5235

Why is everyone so obsessed with cutting all of a sudden? Is it long hair burn out or what?

lol i think it happens every summer and every winter.

in the summer people wear their hair down more causing more damage, noticing little imperfections and the heat on top of things lol.

then come winter people start to get worried that they're not going to make they're goal and start chopping or they've met their goal and want blunt ends.

its a never ending cycle lol

MariposaSexyGirl

I think I'm going to have to just wear ponytails and buns during hot summer days. It is too hot here for anything else. I just asked my dh what it feels like to have a low hair cut and the breeze flowing over his scalp lol.

Sometimes I go over to The Long Hair Community to read about long hair and growing long hair. To look a pictures and such. I love how this site is geared toward women of color but sometimes it seems to have such a political stance on things that people forget what they came here for. I like long healthy hair and I like reading and talking about it. When it comes to hair, honestly that is my only care about it. I don't care about curl type,blunt ends nor the race of the person that wears it. I just want and love long hair. The end. lol. That's why I visit the classic length thread. Candy828 gives such great advice and I love how the focus is on long healthy hair.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I think I'm going to have to just wear ponytails and buns during hot summer days. It is too hot here for anything else. I just asked my dh what it feels like to have a low hair cut and the breeze flowing over his scalp lol.

Sometimes I go over to The Long Hair Community to read about long hair and growing long hair. To look a pictures and such. I love how this site is geared toward women of color but sometimes it seems to have such a political stance on things that people forget what they came here for. I like long healthy hair and I like reading and talking about it. When it comes to hair, honestly that is my only care about it. I don't care about curl type,blunt ends nor the race of the person that wears it. I just want and love long hair. The end. lol. That's why I visit the classic length thread. @Candy828 gives such great advice and I love how the focus is on long healthy hair.

Now I know where I should be visiting thanks:yep:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Well, I'm starting to get the hang of this detangling thing. First, and most importantly, I'm no longer complaining and expecting it to be so difficult. I'm just having to learn to be more patient.

I'm thinking, with a handle on detangling, maybe I can try to transition...uh, without BC'g. Gotta crawl before I walk. :grin: Eh, we'll see.

Oh! :hiya: Hey Traycee. You're definitely WL, mama

Traycee

Well, I'm starting to get the hang of this detangling thing. First, and most importantly, I'm no longer complaining and expecting it to be so difficult. I'm just having to learn to be more patient.

I'm thinking, with a handle on detangling, maybe I can try to transition...uh, without BC'g. Gotta crawl before I walk. :grin: Eh, we'll see.

Oh! :hiya: Hey @Traycee. You're definitely WL, mama

Hey Girl.. I missed you guys..The kids are out of school so I have more time to hang out on my favorite hair sites

Here's what I would do this process will take a day.
1. If you shampoo do that first if not skip to step 2
2. Clarify then rinse a lot.
3. Do the Aphogee 2-step treatment and follow those directions exactly don't move you hair when it's dried hard rinse rinse rinse then you can touch your hair and make sure it's all out. Follow up with he balancing moisturizing conditioner.
4. DC with your best moisturizing conditioner under steamer or warm damp towel or heat cap. Let cool then rinse.
5. Use porosity control it will lay down the cuticle and "seal" everything you've done.

HTH

Thank you so very much love!!!