WL 2011

thaidreams

Any updates?

I'm going to straighten either next week or the week after. I stretched my hair earlier and it seems to be pretty close, but the real moment of truth will be when I actually flat iron it. *fingers crossed*

I can't wait to see your pictures!!! I'm sure you've made WL!:grin:!

Well since it's December and I never really came into this thread consistently so I thought I'd post a final update. I'm pretty proud of myself, I had a slight mishap so my hair is a bit thinner but after looking at my progress pictures, it's nice to know that my hair is showing adequate growth. I'm ready to accept that I made my goals this year, even though it may not be to my full potential (as in not having V shaped hair) but I can still go on to my 2012 challenges feeling optimistic. Anyway, if you're interested, click here for my most recent update. Happy hair growing~

Congrats Aireen on making WL!:yep:! I hope to claim that status as well soon!!!

classychic1908

Aireen Thanks! I plan to post an update sometime this week. My siggy pic is from last may or june. I'm not sure if I'm able to claim wl yet, I had my third baby a few months ago and I can't really find my waist right now.:look:

Aireen

Aireen Thanks! I plan to post an update sometime this week. My siggy pic is from last may or june. I'm not sure if I'm able to claim wl yet, I had my third baby a few months ago and I can't really find my waist right now.:look:

Well you probably have a TON of growth, can't wait to see! PM me when you post your update since I don't come on LHCF too often.

exubah

Congrats to all the ladies that made WL before the end of the year...........for the rest of us there are still a few days left until 1/1/2012 so let's get our SUPERGROW on LOL!!!

I know I'm not going to make it but that's okay. I'm just grateful I'm not losing as much hair as I was before due to my illness and meds so I'm giving thanks for the positive things!

I think I will be ending the year with an uneven MBL so the goal for the first part of 2012 is to get my hair to even up, somewhat :ohwell:

cocosweet

I straightened this morning. Not only am I not going to scrape WL (which was only going to happen under the very best of circumstances), but I think some of my strands have gotten shorter due to breakage. :mad:

So I'm still claiming MBL.

anon123

So my hair just goes back and forth between a certain length. I grow, then have to cut for whatever reason + my usual breakage, and there's nothing exciting to see here. Tangle Teezer was this year's culprit, but it's always something. Anyway, my bottom layer is WL. WL is around the number 10 on this shirt:

I'm going to get my hair straightened and trimmed in January, so guess I'll keep yoyoing between 9 and 11. But I consider this challenge met. I'm on to Hip 2012. I'm out of numbers on the shirt, though, so not sure how that's going to work. Probably another 3" or 4" to hip, I think.

virtuenow

mwedzi, wow, congratulations. You are so modest, this is a milestone :)

So my hair just goes back and forth between a certain length. I grow, then have to cut for whatever reason + my usual breakage, and there's nothing exciting to see here. Tangle Teezer was this year's culprit, but it's always something. Anyway, my bottom layer is WL. WL is around the number 10 on this shirt:

I'm going to get my hair straightened and trimmed in January, so guess I'll keep yoyoing between 9 and 11. But I consider this challenge met. I'm on to Hip 2012. I'm out of numbers on the shirt, though, so not sure how that's going to work. Probably another 3" or 4" to hip, I think.

thaidreams

Evening Ladies!

Here's my final check in. I did a light press on my hair last night and of course it started raining today, do its already started to revert. I have a few hairs that are WL, but not enough for me to claim it. I'm going to continue working on it in 2012. Without further ado, here are my pics:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
PICTURES?!?! Where are u ladies?! You have 2 days left this year. :)

I have to get my 'progress pics' fix. ;)

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

SkySurfer

Mwedzi, sometimes I can't get over your hair.
You're such an inspiration, showing what we kinky (not in that way) girls can do :)

Carrie A

Has anyone started a WL 2012 Challenge?

I have to revise my reveal pics. My ends weren't looking so hot so I trimmed but IDK what happened. The ends look uneven and weird. I chopped some of he tail. If I stretch it I still reach WL but my goal is for the majority of my hair to be WL so here I will stay for another year. Hopefully next year my ends situation will improve. I'm also in W"HIP"

Beginning of year 2011

End of year 2011

LaVgirl

Just wanted to update and say that I reached by goal of WL by Dec. 31, 2011. I'll share my flat iron pics soon.

classychic1908

I know this is super late, but this is my ending pic for the challenge. It took me forever to get a decent picture by myself.:spinning:

I feel really excited to claim waist length, but somehow my hair never really feels as long as it is-- so it's on to the next challenge!!!!!!

Also, please disregard my lovely rolls. It's hard with three little ones at home, but i'm working on it...

Last edited:

LaVgirl

I used grapeseed oil and Chi Silk Infusion as heat protectants and Crisco to flat iron my hair. Temp was about 378 degrees.

In the 2nd pic, my hand is right at my waist, just underneath my ribcage.

Attachments

• Dec. 31, 2011 length check 4.jpg
    Dec. 31, 2011 length check 4.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 101_3342.JPG
    101_3342.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 101_3346.JPG
    101_3346.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 46