Comb coils

soslychic

I am so confused as to how to do comb coils. I've read the instructions from www.ourhair.net, but I still don't get it. Which way do you twist the comb? Is the comb in the same spot the whole time or does it move down the length of the hair. Can someone please help me?

Are you referring to this description?
~~~~~~
**the lady washed and deep conditioned my hair put me under the steamer used that icky brown gel and a thin toothed rat tail comb and parted and twisted my hair around the comb & pulled the comb as she twisted. it took about 2 hours to twist. i was able to recreate the effect at home and may try it when my hair gets shouler length. i was able to clean my scalp without taking it down and when the roots grew i just twisted them too. super low maintanance just oil sheen. if i do it again i will surge the hair/scalp and mango butter the ends**
~~~~

This helps, but I still can't picture how the comb is worked with the hair to create the curl.

soslychic, when you tried it, what results did you get? Maybe we could make some suggestions?

Well to tell ya the truth, I didn't get any results because I could never get past the first step and figure out how to hold the comb and where to position it on my hair
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
:D

hold the comb like u would hold a key thats how i do it but it doesnt matter how you hold it as long as you are comfortable

S'cuse my ignorance
perplexed.gif
to acheive this style would hair have to be in it's natural. Also is it gentle enough and look o.k on fine thin hair
confused.gif

Well it's considered a natural hair style and I've only seen it on naturals. I would imagine that it would be very difficult to get it to hold on relaxed hair.

[ QUOTE ]
msportugal said:
hold the comb like u would hold a key thats how i do it but it doesnt matter how you hold it as long as you are comfortable

[/ QUOTE ]

so I put my hair through the teeth of the comb and then twist it like a key?
So wouldn't the hair wrap all the way around from the teeth to the back over again to the teeth or is that what I"m TRYING to acheive here?
laugh.gif

Back