Comb coils

Dolapo

Please i need help with learning this style. i have extensions right now but i like the way the comb coils look and i want to learn before i take out the extensions. Ive read many instructions and een pics. i even tried twisting my hair around my finger but it didnt hold. i used every type of gel i had. when i used the comb, i used the end with the small teeth. i twisted my hair around it but i couldnt get the comb out. i need help. please?

L

LaNecia

I found an artivle on this a few months ago, I'll see if I can find it, if so, I'll post it here. But, from my understanding, you need to use the rat TAIL end of the comb, not the end with the teeth. You wrap the hair around the length of the comb tail as if you were doing a spiral rod set. That's MY understanding, I'll check and brb...

L

LaNecia

Oh, I see what you were talking about using the end of the teeth! I think it's going to depend on the texture of your hair too.

Check out these links for further instructions:

Coil Comb or to Order:Comb Coils

INSTRUCTIONS:
Create various styles on both male and female clients with curly hair. For classes and videos on natural hair styles for ethnic hair we recommend Nicole Forbes. Contact us at Bonika Shears for more information.

Step 1: Wash hair and follow with a leave-in conditioner
Step 2: Comb out hair using a wide tooth shampoo brush
Step 3: Part out sections using the rat-tail end of the coil comb
Step 4: Apply gel to the section of wet hair and begin twisting with the double teeth side of the comb for tight curls (fig 1) or twist around the barrel for barrel coils (fig 2)
Step 5: Leave style to dry naturally or place client under a hood type dryer

HTH.

Dolapo

thanks! ill try it tonight. the problem is making my hair stay after twisting it. maybe its a little too wet or something

L

LaNecia

I've never tried them except for making the little spirals at my temples, I've found if I don't use enough (or too much) of a hold product, it'll not hold the style or droop heavily.

Here's a link that has a short video demonstrating:Comb Coil Video

Hope it works for you!

LaLa

Last edited by a moderator: