Product RECS for comb coils

aikaa71

I am loving my comb coils BUT they need to be done with gel (well that’s according to my stylist) and this makes my scalp itchy and flaky after a couple of days. I have had comb coils done twice since my BC, first time she used the ORS lock and twist gel- it left white flakes in my hair. Second time she used Fantasia IC gel and that made my hair flaky and my scalp itchy.

I am looking for a product, not necessarily a gel, that holds comb coils in place for at least a week. Any recs are welcome. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TIA

Divastate

I've heard of people using regular aloe vera gel for comb coils. No flaking and they still have great shine.

aikaa71

Thanks for responding.

ChocoKitty, I tried the ORS lock and twist gel, my hair had flakes when i used it. Maybe my stylist used too much of it??

Divastate , I am doing the comb coils weekly so next time I have them done I will try the Aloe Vera gel.

ChocoKitty

[ QUOTE ]
aikaa71 said:

ChocoKitty, I tried the ORS lock and twist gel, my hair had flakes when i used it. Maybe my stylist used too much of it??

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif I'm sorry my brain didn't understand the connection... "ORS = Organic Root Stimulator" *duh* /images/graemlins/spinning.gif
Maybe your stylist is using too much. How does your stylist dry your twists? I used to blow dry with a diffuser partially and then air dry the rest of the way.