I Did Comb Coils in my Brother's Hair! *CLiCk for PiCs!*

JJamiah

/\ It took me like 5hrs:look: I was trying out a new technique and we were chatting and laughing the whole time so I definitely could have moved faster:giggle: but we were both home for the morning and my brother was like well since I'll be here then fine you can do my hair:rolleyes: I was like wooo:woot:

and now everybody loves it....his girlfriend called me to personally commend me on my work I was like holla!:grin:

Oh, and I HATE coils done with beeswax:nono: its so gross to the touch sticky attracts dust particles and just looks a mess....gel all the way.

I like the gel as well; we use Ampro or Proclaim the dark brown gel. I might want to try the clear ampro since it is still heavy.

I hate the Lock and Twist gel (or should I say snot) it isn't good at all. It doesn't do anything to the hair. If I didn't peel off the seal it would be back to the store.

It usually take me 2-3 hours to do my son's hair just me in his hair. Not including wash, conditioning, steaming, drying. Just twisting alone is 2-3 hours.

LOL, you got the Girlfriends seal of approval, he'll be back. LOL!!!!!!!!!

Great Job!

BlackMasterPiece

Oh girl, don't throw out that lock n twist gel yet! Its amazing for two strand twists!

I used ampro for the bottom twists but I ended up going back to my ole faithful eco styler in the end....it elongates the coils the best for this look for me:yep:

Vintageglam

Very nice hair BMP......

um btw I have loads of single female friends.... Does your bro like British girls? :sekret: Being a married lady I can only admire from afar....

JJamiah

Oh girl, don't throw out that lock n twist gel yet! Its amazing for two strand twists!

I used ampro for the bottom twists but I ended up going back to my ole faithful eco styler in the end....it elongates the coils the best for this look for me:yep:

Okay, I am glad I didn't toss it yet then. LOL I will try when we start double twisting again. I haste waste! LOL I don't like to waste money at all. but I didn't feel right taking back the gel after I opened it. So great idea. Thanks so much, Save the other gel for my singles. Especially since my son buys his own gel. LOL!

See I love the Proclaim gel the consistancy is great, especially because some of the top of his hair with looser curls I have to finger form them more than comb form. His texture is tighter on the sides then at the top so those are very easy to form.

I think he looks so mature with them. :D

Now I am anxious to use the Lock and Twist on his double strands. He should be ready for those by August. Hopefully June before he goes to camp!

dm81

kblc06

Uhh, BMP is your brother single? :look: . You know I love long hair on men. Haitian men can be so darn sexy :lol:

Kellum

lol No he's taken, in a serious committed relationship....sorry love.

But is he committed all the time, LOL. :rolleyes::lachen:

Just kidding BMP. I'm married. I just always wanted to ask that since I've had fools ask me stuff like that. I say "I'm married" and they say "Are you married all the time?". Like I'm going to say "No, I'm just married during the week. The weekends are my time". :lachen::lachen::lachen:The sad part is they be serious. :lachen:

Last edited:

BlackMasterPiece

/\ Yall are non-stop comedy tonight!:rofl:

Girl, I feel you on the lame lines dudes use these days.....sometimes I'll get frustrated that none of my other brush offs work and I'll lie and be like "I'm gay!" then they turn to me and go "I'm down wit that!" nothing works girl...nothing:rolleyes::lol:

My Friend

Hey yall, so my brother has been rocking a low fro and he finally let me do a style on him....I think I broke him down lol

I was inspired by one of the pix I posted in the men with long hair thread and he agreed that it would be a good look. I used a barber comb, I did longer rectangular sections in the back and sides and did smaller sections on the crown. It was interesting doing his hair and realizing that he has coily hair on the sides and back and a curlier pattern on his crown......that was really interesting to work with and really shows you how people can have more of a mix in textures.

Anywhoo here's the :pics:

Before

Getting Started​

Almost Done!​

Finito!​

I really loved the result and he really likes it too so I'm happy:yep:

Can we get a tutorial on youtube of you doing all type of styles on his hair? Izzz married but the girls here need to see him live, without a shirt, splash a little oil and butter on his chest and :blush: just looking out for my sista's :lick:

BlkOnyx488

Forget about the hair let's talk about his Hotness :rofl:
Let me stop I am sure I am old enough to be his umm ummm Aunt!

Great job on the hair style

ThePerfectScore

GIRL you are brave for posting pictures of your good looking brother on a site full of hungry women....... :look: and his hair is amazing

kblc06

BMP, you should have your brother open up an account and start an epic thread about how he's having issues with his hair and needs the help of 50,000 lustful women to come to his aid :giggle::lol:

rainbowknots

Very nice job. You could probably make a killing being a hair stylist if you wanted to go down that route. Not only are you great at hair styles, but you also care about hair health

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Your style skills are so on point. I wish you would open a you tube account so we could see you in action.:yep: