I Did Comb Coils in my Brother's Hair! *CLiCk for PiCs!*

BlackMasterPiece

Hey yall, so my brother has been rocking a low fro and he finally let me do a style on him....I think I broke him down lol

I was inspired by one of the pix I posted in the men with long hair thread and he agreed that it would be a good look. I used a barber comb, I did longer rectangular sections in the back and sides and did smaller sections on the crown. It was interesting doing his hair and realizing that he has coily hair on the sides and back and a curlier pattern on his crown......that was really interesting to work with and really shows you how people can have more of a mix in textures.

Anywhoo here's the :pics:

Before

Getting Started

Almost Done!

Finito!

I really loved the result and he really likes it too so I'm happy:yep:

ChristmasCarol

Um, did I say I didn't like long hair on men? Mebbe I need to think about it a lil' mo'.

Girl, your brother is FINE! lol

Oh, the hair - I actually like it, good job!

JJamiah

I am so Sorry BMP, I didn't see your twist (kidding they looked great), I am married but your brother is very nice looking LOL!

I don't do my son's hair until next weekend, I will post mine probably in my siggy, I am so tired of looking at my back! LOL! or maybe my Fotki! When they are fresh!!!

BlackMasterPiece

Um, did I say I didn't like long hair on men? Mebbe I need to think about it a lil' mo'.

I am so Sorry BMP, I didn't see your twist (kidding they looked great), I am married but your brother is very nice looking LOL!

Beautiful job!! your brother is FOINE...........I hope my SO don't see this post:look:
:lachen::lachen::rofl::rofl::lachen::lachen:Okay yall are hilarious.....yea he's a looker.

MissYocairis

:nono: :nono: :nono: Girl...:lick:...your brother is a...uh, ahem...very handsome man. And, his hair...it makes you just want to touch it. You did an amazing job. You are quite the natural hair talent! :yep:

darlingdiva

BlackMasterPiece, you did a great job on your brother's hair.

@ the bolded::yep:

virtuenow

It looks good! You should try a twist-out on him next- for a chunky fro. And teach him how to do it. I love that look on a guy. Not many of them know how to do it; and when I had shorter hair, I had guys asking me to do the twistout on them.

BlackMasterPiece

/\ totally agree virtue, the next thing I'll do is a very quick and easy moisturized fro for him and show him how to do it. I also think a flat-twist out would be awesome and super quick and simple on him too....I can definitely show him how to do a nice moisturized fro....I think thats about as much as he'll want to know regarding hair though:rofl: he might lock too so we'll see....he may just fall in love with his loose natural hair though....you never know.....

Nubenap22

Awesome!!! My male friend:rolleyes: just got his twisted sort of like this!!! He loves it but I hate that he had to use beeswax....I might talk him into letting me try that gel next time!!!

Oh btw how long did it take you from finish to start?

Last edited:

BlackMasterPiece

/\ It took me like 5hrs:look: I was trying out a new technique and we were chatting and laughing the whole time so I definitely could have moved faster:giggle: but we were both home for the morning and my brother was like well since I'll be here then fine you can do my hair:rolleyes: I was like wooo:woot:

and now everybody loves it....his girlfriend called me to personally commend me on my work I was like holla!:grin:

Oh, and I HATE coils done with beeswax:nono: its so gross to the touch sticky attracts dust particles and just looks a mess....gel all the way.

Last edited: