Castor Oil; what am I supposed to do with it?

*fabulosity*

The ladies at my Indian salon rave about castor oil and its benefits. They said put some on my eyebrows and I will see thicker, fuller eyebrows. They also say that the use it in their hair. After buying some, I'm just trying to see how I would use this since it's SOOOO heavy. I put some on my eyebrows when I wash my face and wipe it off before I tone and moisturize.I tried to do a search but something is wrong with my LHCF search...i type in what I want to search for and get a blank page.

Thanks in advance guys!!

Lioness

The ladies at my Indian salon rave about castor oil and its benefits. They said put some on my eyebrows and I will see thicker, fuller eyebrows. They also say that the use it in their hair. After buying some, I'm just trying to see how I would use this since it's SOOOO heavy. I put some on my eyebrows when I wash my face and wipe it off before I tone and moisturize.I tried to do a search but something is wrong with my LHCF search...i type in what I want to search for and get a blank page.

Thanks in advance guys!!

I use it on my ends :) It keeps them moisturized.

I never knew to use it for thickening eyebrows...hmm.. I'll have to try that some time!

VeryBecoming

Devil's Avocado
I wouldn't rinse it off your eyebrows. Just leave it on overnight.

You can use a little bit since it's so thick. You can try oil rinses (putting some on hair and rinsing it off with warm water) with it or use it to seal in your moisturizer. After you put your moisturizer on just rub a little castor oil through your hair.

Hope that helps.

Thanks in advance guys!!

The same thing happens to me with the search. Something must be wrong w/ the website.

*fabulosity*

OK thanks so much! So I should use this prior to shampooing. Sunday/Monday is my wash day... (I have been getting so excited since I started doing my hair at home...) LOL! Right now I've got amla, vatika, coconut, ojon, and some mahinjbraj (sp?) oil sitting in my hair from last night...I call it marination :D. I will add the castor to this mix (lighthandedly)...and I will also put the castor oil on before bed.

I love this place!

unique4lyfe33

OK thanks so much! So I should use this prior to shampooing. Sunday/Monday is my wash day... (I have been getting so excited since I started doing my hair at home...) LOL! Right now I've got amla, vatika, coconut, ojon, and some mahinjbraj (sp?) oil sitting in my hair from last night...I call it marination :D. I will add the castor to this mix (lighthandedly)...and I will also put the castor oil on before bed.

I love this place!

i have some of those oils can you tell me if you seen a difference when you added the castor oil to it? i am thinking bout buying some.

*fabulosity*

Oh yes most definitely... my ends are so FREAKING dry! So I have to keep them moisturized. The amla and vatika are the best...the amla is darkening my hair which I like...bc my stylist put bleach highlights in and I like the color after the amla.

BTW; my castor oil doesn't smell like nothing.....hmmm...it's from the Indian store.

*fabulosity*

Haven't added the castor... That'll be next week...it's already got enough stuff in there...I'll do that next week so I can gauge it...

lilsparkle825

Wash their faces with oil?
look up the OCM in the makeup/skin care forum. i do this after discovering it on afrobella.com; i thought it was crazy too but i love it. well, sort of...castor oil is supposed to be good for breakouts but it made me break out worse. plain EVOO is perfect for me though.

sorry to hijack the thread...just felt the need to stand on my soapbox :grin:

iasade

I use it after my leave-in treatment and for bagging my ends. The smell is not that great, so I usually put a few dabs of peppermint oil in it and it works great. I also add it to my daily water spritz and it works great there as well.

*Happily Me*

Oh yes most definitely... my ends are so FREAKING dry! So I have to keep them moisturized. The amla and vatika are the best...the amla is darkening my hair which I like...bc my stylist put bleach highlights in and I like the color after the amla.

BTW; my castor oil doesn't smell like nothing.....hmmm...it's from the Indian store.

00o0 i wanna see. we'll have to do an night out soon :yep:

i have some castor oil laying around. I'm going to add some to my conditoner

betteron2day

I add it everytime I deep condition, I love castor oil. I oil my scalp with it twice a week. I seal my ends and even use it on my face.

I never thought to oil my scalp with it. Does it make your NG soft? I use it to seal my ends and i put some on the length of my hair. I am going to try it on my scalp maybe once a week.

cclark1

I can't tell you how much I love castor oil!!!! I recommended it to my mom to grow in a bald spot......it did!! I use it everyday. I'm transitioning and it keeps my hair soft. I mix it with aloe vera gel and apply it in the morning before work. Plus it's growing like a weed.

Crystalicequeen123

Will regular clear non-smelling castor oil from CVS work just as well for the ends and thickening eyebrows?? :confused: I bought some castor oil a while back from CVS, but I'm not sure if there is a specific kind of castor oil, or a particular brand of castor oil that I should be getting? Will the castor oil from CVS not give me the results that I want for my hair and eye brows?? I've been wondering that for the longest time. :ohwell:

Mrs. Verde

I think the kind from CVS is fine. Some people use the Jamaican Black Castor Oil or Organic castor oil. I use the plain orderless Walmart castor oil (in th child's laxatives section). Works for me.

SouthernTease

I just wrote a post about CASTOR OIL on mane & chic (my blog)

I just started using it a couple of weeks ago.

I use the kind from Walgreens.

I Oil Cleanse my face twice a day with it and I was a bit skeptical
because I thought it would break me out... but it actually clears my
skin... also... this lady f-ed up my eyebrows so I'm using it to help with
that... could be wishful thinking but I think they are growing nicely...
I also use castor oil to seal my hair and as a gel to lay down my edges...
I heard it help with eyelashes too... so I have been using it with a mascara brush

Faith

I mix it into my conditioners and daily oils. I'll try it on my face (around my eyes and forehead).

ebonylocs

I love castor oil. It is a humectant, so it is very moisturising when added to water. It also appears to thicken and strengthen hair.

These are the ways I use it:

1) Add to my homemade spritz (along with water, glycerine, etc)
2) Add it to my leave-in (It worked very well with Garnier Fructis Smooth and Shine / Repair and Shine)
3) Dip a Q-tip in it, and use it on my eye brows and eyelashes. (It definitely gave my eyebrows a thicker, more defined line - it's hard to tell with the lashes)
4) Add to mascara for lashes
5) Apply to scalp (maybe mixed with more spreadable oils or MegaTek Rebuilder, or whatever else you want)
6) Rub a bit on my face when I have a little breakout, or can feel one coming just beneath the skin (it really does help dry them up/ prevent them from surfacing - at least for me!)

I find that the clear pharmacy version works fine for me, although I get the dark version from Jamaica when I can.

SOmeone asked in an incredulous way about washing face with oils. You know it's funny, if you go on "mixing" sites like lotioncrafters and camdengrey, you'll discover that oils and fats form a large component of all soaps. It makes sense if you think about it - you need something to kind of lift and "slip" the dirt off, and that will float off when washed with water.