Black Castor Oil vs Castor Oil

Which Castor Oil Provided Better Results for your hair health?

• I've Tried Both and prefer the Black Castor Oil

Votes: 64 14.3%
  • I've Tried Both and prefer the regular Castor Oil

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • I've only tried the Black Castor Oil

Votes: 60 13.4%
  • I've only tried the regular Castor Oil

Votes: 204 45.4%
  • I haven't tried either products

Votes: 80 17.8%
  • I haven't noticed a difference between either products

Votes: 27 6.0%

• Total voters

21Trixie

I've used both and black castor oil is better IMO. Sometimes I would moisturize with NTM silk touch and seal with the castor oil. My hair always come out soft and moisturize. I also have less breakage. The other day I decided to go to Walmart to PU some castor oil cause I didn't want to pay shipping charges. My hair did not feel the same. It wasn't as moisturized or soft.

chebaby

i've only used the JBCO and i like it but it is waaaayyyy heavier than any other oil in my opinion. i use it on my left temple because it is getting see through and i sealed my mizani night time treatment with it last night and when i combed my hair down it was soft but a little stiff. not bad stiff (if that makes sense) but when i use kemi oyl or lisa's hair elixir or coconut oil it's not like that. at all. it wasn't Bad Bad just different

hurricane

I use regular castor oil. I get it from wal-mart. I would like to use BCO but I'm tired of this shipping and handling.

When I use regular castor oil, I pour it in a bowl and then I heat up some water in a pan and once the water gets hot I place the bowl in the water. I try to be careful so that I won't melt the plastic bowl. But it comes out warm and it's easy to pour over my hair as a pre-poo or oil bath.

Anna9764

The black castor oil ain't no joke! It's the truth for real! I'm four months post relaxer. Absolutely no breakage or anything. My ends are off the chain. I baggy, using Elasta QP Mango Butter and seal with the Jamaican Black Castor Oil, concentrating on the ends. Again, after 4 months, absolutely NO breakage. I baggy my entire head and can truly see the difference. This stuff is a keeper!;)
Sounds great. I've only used regular a couple times. How do you baggy your hair bun or whole head for that matter. Do you wear this outdoors? Thanks in advance.....Anna

LovinLocks

I have a sneaking suspicion that regular old CO will do the trick. I use it when making soap. I'm going to do a little investigating (after just spending more on the shipping of the stuff than the actual product, duh). I want to know what's in the "black" that makes it BCO, vs. regular CO.

I too just ordered from this "Sam's". Any other place to retrieve it from on-line, that is?

TIA,

LL

LovinLocks

Sounds great. I've only used regular a couple times. How do you baggy your hair bun or whole head for that matter. Do you wear this outdoors? Thanks in advance.....Anna

I baggy my pony tail by placing conditioner and a carrier oil of choice into a sandwich bag; squishing it to mix 'em together and place my ponytail into the bag. I then take a knee-hi, ribbed edging cut away from the leg part and wrap it around the bag which secures it to my ponytail and then put my hair piece over that.

I saw this on a You Tube if you want to go check it out for yourself.

dcprdiva

I recently purchased some JBCO. It is a little thick - but not as thick as I was expecting from reading this thread. It makes my hair soft. I also bought the pomade from Sam's but I haven't tried it yet.

dcprdiva

I have been using mine in small amounts. To me it smells like a hint of smoke. Other than that, it makes my hair supremely soft. Between the JBCO and the Hydrathermal Naturals Follice Spray, my hair is going to be super thick!

sareca

I use it to help elongate my curls. JBCO is lighter than regular castor oil. I need the weight so I prefer the regular one for my hair. I use JBCO for my skin tho. :yep: The regular stuff is too sticky on skin.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Do any Haitian ladies use the Haitian l'huile mascreti/Palma de Christi?

I don't use JBCO but use the castor oil from Haiti. I have no idea who makes it because my relatives always smuggle it in empty soda bottles. I have started using it last week and my hair feels so much healthier. I also use it on my face and feet at night. It doesn't smell good but in the morning, I feel amazingly soft!!!!

Lucky's Mom

Well - I agree that the JBCO is getting to be a hassle to buy. I do love it though.... I have 2 more bottles....And I think it is excellent!

Nice Lady

I have used regular castor oil for some time now and got excellent results. I use JBCO now and the difference that I notice is that is lighter; however, I will not be re-ordering because lack of accessibility, pricing and my preference is for the cold-pressed castor oil. This is the one that I love the best.

I am highly interested in using the JBCO as a hot oil treatment on dry hair. I think I will try it this week. Since it is the lighter than the regular one. Lighter oils are better for hot oil treatments.

LABETT

Do any Haitian ladies use the Haitian l'huile mascreti/Palma de Christi?

I don't use JBCO but use the castor oil from Haiti. I have no idea who makes it because my relatives always smuggle it in empty soda bottles. I have started using it last week and my hair feels so much healthier. I also use it on my face and feet at night. It doesn't smell good but in the morning, I feel amazingly soft!!!!
I like the Haitian castor oil better than JBCO even thou it stinks.

so1913

My parents and I are going in on the 12 8oz bottle case of JBCO at sams for $89 free shipping, so I'll have a few bottles to hold me down for a while. I'm really loving this stuff!

LiberianGirl

The black castor oil ain't no joke! It's the truth for real! I'm four months post relaxer. Absolutely no breakage or anything. My ends are off the chain. I baggy, using Elasta QP Mango Butter and seal with the Jamaican Black Castor Oil, concentrating on the ends. Again, after 4 months, absolutely NO breakage. I baggy my entire head and can truly see the difference. This stuff is a keeper!;)

Black Castor Oil is so freaking good. I can't say enough about it. It literally melts tangles out of my hair. I highly recommend this product.

Country gal

I have used regular castor oil for some time now and got excellent results. I use JBCO now and the difference that I notice is that is lighter; however, I will not be re-ordering because lack of accessibility, pricing and my preference is for the cold-pressed castor oil. This is the one that I love the best.

I am highly interested in using the JBCO as a hot oil treatment on dry hair. I think I will try it this week. Since it is the lighter than the regular one. Lighter oils are better for hot oil treatments.

I have to keep that in mind.

JollyGal

Where does organic and cold pressed castor oil fit into this?

My castor oil is almost golden colour. Is it the same colour as regular castor oil?

I've seen clear castor oil and it the whiffs that came from it were eye melting :-(

chebaby

dang i forgot all about my jbco. i think i will seal with it tonight and see how my hair feels when i wake up.

LightEyedMami

i just bought regular castor oil and i will see how that goes, if i love it i will not try the JBCO unless i can find it in stores, Because i hate making something a staple that i will have to order online forever!

Mrs.Green

I have only used the Jamaican Black and will ALWAYS use it. I will order it as long as they sell it. I don't even want to try the regular one the Black is just THAT GOOD :yep:.

I may order a case since they have 25% off this week:look:.

Makenzie

Love the JBCO. I have never tried the regular one. My hair is nice and soft, tangle free and the edges lay down. Love it. I've never mixed it in conditioners, so I will try that tonight.

Saffirejuiliet

This thread reminded me about how much I love castor oil. So I had my SO pick up some before he came home. I have only used the regular castor oil and I love it. I really want to try the JBCO and probably will in the future, but I am cheap so the local stores and the regular castor oil will have to do for now. :)