Castor Oil

pinayprincess

Yeah, so I bought a 4 oz. bottle of castor oil and have no idea how to incorporate it into my regimen. It's thick as molasses, and smells like laxative. It's sticky, and dense. I read Poka's thread about eyebrows/lashes, but other than that, HOW AM I GONNA USE ALL THIS STUFF UP? I don't know whether to put it on my roots, ends, length, or what. And also, what's the difference from store-bought castor oil and Jamaican Black Castor Oil? I'm kinda lost. Someone help!

Ranika

carameldiva

The castor oil that you purchased is what i use for a pre-poo treatment- i pretty much saturate my hair and scalp( concentrating on the ends) and then put on a thin, plastic cap and a satin scarf on top and go to sleep. I shampoo, condition and deep condition in the a.m.

I guess the difference between this one and the jamaica black castor oil is the one is the store is more refined. To me they before perform the same. HTH.

SpyCats

I use castor oil to moisturize my ends and to seal after moisturizing with a leave-in. I also like to massage my edges with it. It is very thick so I try not to use alot of it. But I love it!

Oh yeah, my eyebrows love it too!:look:

keluric

I like black castor oil better than the refined kind. I know you like amla oil so if you want something lighter, get the indian castor oil from the market. It's usually thinner and red.

gloomgeisha

I add castor oil to watery leave ins that don't give enough moisture on their own. I'll add about a tsp to an eight to twelve ounce bottle. It adds a nice sheen and seems to keep the moisture fused to my strands.

mkstar826

supersonic
gloomgeisha said:
I add castor oil to watery leave ins that don't give enough moisture on their own. I'll add about a tsp to an eight to twelve ounce bottle. It adds a nice sheen and seems to keep the moisture fused to my strands.

yep that's what i do. the sprtiz bottle diffuses it so it's not so thick and you get even coverage :yep:

ak46

I've been using castor oil in my MTG replica and my MN mix. I've had my hair in braids since I started using it so I haven't tried it on the length of my hair yet, just my scalp. I personally don't like the smell of it though.

carameldiva said:
The castor oil that you purchased is what i use for a pre-poo treatment- i pretty much saturate my hair and scalp( concentrating on the ends) and then put on a thin, plastic cap and a satin scarf on top and go to sleep. I shampoo, condition and deep condition in the a.m.

I guess the difference between this one and the jamaica black castor oil is the one is the store is more refined. To me they before perform the same. HTH.

i was wondering what kinda oil i should use for a oil pre-poo treatment....i guess i'll use castor since its so thick...thanks carameldiva...

Kimberly

I'm bunning and baggying and I apply castor oil to the length of my pony before the bun and/or baggy to seal in moisture. It makes my ends very soft, too.

preciousjewel76

gloomgeisha said:

Hmmm, that's a good idea. I might try that with my bottle of S-Curl....

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I have my castor oil in an applicator bottle. It's easy to squirt it out of that than trying to pour it out of the bottle it comes in....I was spilling that stuff all over my clothes and everything, lol. I use it mainly on my ends to seal in my moisturizer. It is thick and sticky but it once it dries it's fine. It really does help w/ splits.

angelita842002

I use it on my edges and on my ends. It is very sticky so i just use a little bit and once it dries its fine. I havent used it on the length of my hair though.

brownsugarflyygirl

My hair loooooooooooves Castor Oil :love: !!!!!!!!!!

I mix it with Olive oil and add it to my deep conditioners.

I mix it with Jojoba oil to seal my hair after I moisturize it with distilled water. It makes my natural hair soooooooo soft.

I use it straight to help slick back my buns.

I used it on my eyelashes for a while, it worked, but I got lazy :look:

Umm...I dont know...I use Castor Oil in everyway that I can think of...its my number one staple product!!

Experiment!! I have never used JB Castor Oil but its the next product that I am planning to buy...

Country gal

How are you applying it on your eye lashes? I really need to know the answer.

I love Castor oil. I use the refined kind from Vitamin Shop. I pour the castor oil in an applicator bottle. I oil my scalp with it. I use castor oil to moisturze and give my hair shine. I also use it to slick back my buns and puffs. It has made my hair really thick.

brownsugarflyygirl

I use a Mac sample wand....and just dip it in the Castor Oil and apply it on my lashes at night before I go to sleep....you could thoroughly wash an old mascara wand and do it the same way.

I have naturally long eyelashes....but it seemed that the castor oil made them thicker and increased the density. I did it for like a month or so and saw results.

I will probably start up again....

HTH

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Country gal said:
How are you applying it on your eye lashes? I really need to know the answer.

I love Castor oil. I use the refined kind from Vitamin Shop. I pour the castor oil in an applicator bottle. I oil my scalp with it. I use castor oil to moisturze and give my hair shine. I also use it to slick back my buns and puffs. It has made my hair really thick.
For me I just put a squirt on my fingertip and rub it on my lashes only. It gets in my eyes sometimes though, that's why I don't do this much anymore. I still put it on my eyebrows nightly though, it's the truth for growing some eyebrows!

MizaniMami

Make sure you wash your hand with soap and water afterwards.

Castor Oil IS a laxative.

I have a bad habit of sucking my thumb, and I did this a few occasions after using castor oil, and well, u know the rest.:cool:

Country gal

brownsugarflyygirl said:
I use a Mac sample wand....and just dip it in the Castor Oil and apply it on my lashes at night before I go to sleep....you could thoroughly wash an old mascara wand and do it the same way.

I have naturally long eyelashes....but it seemed that the castor oil made them thicker and increased the density. I did it for like a month or so and saw results.

I will probably start up again....

HTH

Okay. I need to do this. My eyelashes are so thin. Thanks Pokantos for your tips too.

amina kamal

I love castor oil. I works well as a natural "serum" for me. It feels kinda weird when I apply it on my wet hair to seal the moisture. But once it dries with a silk scarf my hair is heavenly. I also mix it with jojoba oil and rosemary EO a la Sherrylove, it does great on my dry hair.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Country gal said:
Okay. I need to do this. My eyelashes are so thin. Thanks Pokantos for your tips too.
Your welcome. It does work....I went from Whoopi Goldberg eyebrows to having normal brows again after years of over-plucking. Ok, I'm exzagerating about the Whoopi part but they were thin, lol.

pinayprincess

MizaniMami said:
Make sure you wash your hand with soap and water afterwards.

Castor Oil IS a laxative.

I have a bad habit of sucking my thumb, and I did this a few occasions after using castor oil, and well, u know the rest.:cool:

oh my.... ;)

LOL

keluric

I use the indian castor oil for my eyelashes and eyebrows. I don't think there's anything too special about it.. they might add some herbs and red dye but I know it's not as thick.

I either buy a mascara wand or clean an old one and apply it to my lashes and brows using that. Use it sparingly so it doesn't get in your eyes.