How do I use castor oil?

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
After hearing all the rave reviews about castor oil i decided to start using it but I have a few questions about its application.

On eyelashes: I know i use a cotton swab, but do I put it on the roots of the eyelashes or just the shaft? If I do put it on the shaft, how do i avoid getting it in my eyes? How often should I put it on? Is it permanent?

On hairline: I know I use a cotton ball, but can I just part my hair and out it on the scalp? Is the thickening of hair permanent or do I need to keep using castor oil to maintain its thickness? And will it thicken the hair that already grew, the hair shaft?

Thanks for all your help!

marabou1

Hello Luvhair:

Unfortunately, I don't know what castor oil can do for your eyelashes, but I do know that it sure does thicken the hair.

I don't believe your hair will begin to thin if you were to discontinue using it.

I know that I didn't answer your question fully, but this is all I know.

Just a tip:

I started using castor oil a few years ago, but found that it was irritating my scalp. My hairdresser believes that castor oil will irritate your scalp if you chemicaly process your hair. When she told me this, I stopped using it.

After coming to this site, I realized that the reason it probably bothered me before was because I practically used it everyday.

Since then, from the time I read rave reviews about it here, I decided to mix it in my hairoil (rosemary, jojoba, and coconut).

I use it about 2 times weekly, and even though I have a sensitive scalp, I find this mixture to be quite soothing.

I love it. I really believe that this oil mixture is contributing to my hair growth.

Good luck with your regimen!

Boadicea

I've heard that putting castor oil on your eye lashes can thicken them. I think you put it on the root, very sparingly.

BlkMane

How can someone apply castor oil to the ROOT of their eye lashes without it getting into their eyes?

Has someone actually done this?

G

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
BlkMane said:
How can someone apply castor oil to the ROOT of their eye lashes without it getting into their eyes?

Has someone actually done this?

[/ QUOTE ]
__
I would assume a q tip right at the lid. Castor Oil doesn't irritate the eye.

AZJeepgurl

Luvhair,

I just started using the castor oil this week. It's been about 2 weeks since my last touchup so my hair is still kind of limp.

FYI: Even though I added it to my essential oil mix and that worked out great, I made the mistake of doing a scalp massage with just the castor oil and then spreading some more through my hair....My hair is now GREASY and LIMP.

Ick! I gotta wash this stuff out before I become a walking zit!
It's been said but my advice? use super sparingly!

AZ /images/graemlins/look.gif

marabou1

Hi luvhair:

At first, I had a mixture of coconut, jojoba, and rosemary oils, then, someone from this site reminded me that castor oil was also a stimulant for hair growth. So what I have now also includes castor oil.

It's almost time for me to buy more oils for my mixture is almost finished. The Rosemary oil is Weleda's rosemary oil. The coconut oil is from nature's gift, but I got it while I was on vacation in Georgia. If I can't find that same kind, which I love, I'll go to the sites the girls from here recommended. I can't remember where the jojoba oil is from. I'll check when I get home.

My father sends me the castor oil from Haiti, but someone from here mentioned that you can find it at any GNC store.

Hope this helps! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

LondonDiva

I do this Blkmane. I don't get any CO in my eyes. I go right up in the mirror and gently swipe it along the base of my lashes. My eyes are very sensitive so I have to be extra extra careful. So far no problems.

Kitkat

I just called the Vitamin Shoppe, and they sell 16 oz of the Home Health brand of castor oil for $5.08. The item # is EC1004.

Madison

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Kitkat said:
I just called the Vitamin Shoppe, and they sell 16 oz of the Home Health brand of castor oil for $5.08. The item # is EC1004.

[/ QUOTE ]

vitaglo.com has it cheaper /images/graemlins/smile.gif