Black Castor Oil vs Castor Oil

Which Castor Oil Provided Better Results for your hair health?

• I've Tried Both and prefer the Black Castor Oil

Votes: 64 14.3%
  • I've Tried Both and prefer the regular Castor Oil

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • I've only tried the Black Castor Oil

Votes: 60 13.4%
  • I've only tried the regular Castor Oil

Votes: 204 45.4%
  • I haven't tried either products

Votes: 80 17.8%
  • I haven't noticed a difference between either products

Votes: 27 6.0%

• Total voters

Country gal

I am on a mission to find out from actual users is there much difference between the Castor oil found at your local drug store compared to the Black Castor oil.

I currently use the castor oil. It is light color similar to wheat and is sticky. It has helped my hair to be much thicker and denser. I love it. I am wondering will I get even better results with the black castor oil.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
Country gal said:
I am on a mission to find out from actual users is there much difference between the Castor oil found at your local drug store compared to the Black Castor oil.

I currently use the castor oil. It is light color similar to wheat and is sticky. It has helped my hair to be much thicker and denser. I love it. I am wondering will I get even better results with the black castor oil.
I voted I tried both but prefer JBCO and the reason is I can use the JBCO on my roller sets and when I wear my hair in protective styles while the regular castor oil seems to work better with just the protective styles

InnerSoul

I've only tried the black castor oil and love it..it's great for laying down my edges around my front hairline !;)

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Yes I've tried them both but I prefer the regular castor oil. The only difference between the two is that the black castor oil had the smokie smell. Other then that, they both work the same.

toniy

Bump!

I was thinking the same thing!

I just ran out of regular castor oil. I 've been using it to seal and add to conditioners.

I am not sure if I am going to stick with it or try JBCO.
This thread will help with my decision.:)

Prosperity711

I'm running out of regular castor oil, I want to try the JBCO, how much is the small bottle after shipping? I think I will order it today, do you have to use paypal, which I guess is best anyway.

tsiporah

sugaplum said:
Yes I've tried them both but I prefer the regular castor oil. The only difference between the two is that the black castor oil had the smokie smell. Other then that, they both work the same.

Yes it does have a smokie smell. I like the reg castor oil because it goes on smoother and is shinier in my hair. The Black one is good to mix into another product. I currently use that Castor oil by Hollywood (in 'grease' form) What I do is mix some clear pure castor oil and the black castor oil, then I put some drops of Rosemary, Tea Tree oil and Ylang Ylang and mix it in. This is my hair growth potent scalp treatement after each shampoo. I glob it all on to the scalp and ends. Yes I do walk around smelling like Rosemary for a while but it does dissipate.

GeorginaSparks

sugaplum said:
same here.................................

princesmich

My Mom used the regular castor oil since I was a child, I know it works, I'm glad you started this thread country gal because I was wondering if the black castor oil was better, I've heard some people refer to it like it's a wonder potion. Well, my curiosity is gone after this thread, I'll go to the laxitive department at my cvs and pick up the store brand castor oil like i've used all my life.

Divalicious

I've only tried regular castor oil and I don't have any problems so I'm going to continue using it. But I am interested in the other one. Can the Black castor oil only be purchased online or can people find this at stores in their location?

LiberianGirl

Divalicious said:
I've only tried regular castor oil and I don't have any problems so I'm going to continue using it. But I am interested in the other one. Can the Black castor oil only be purchased online or can people find this at stores in their location?

BUMP, can someone please answer the above question?

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I ordered my JBCO a few weeks ago and I'm trying to wait patiently for it. I'm using regular CO that I purchased from the local Indian market. I use it on my end almost nightly for my baggie.

alexstin

LiberianGirl said:
BUMP, can someone please answer the above question?

I know it can be found at some BSS in NY but I don't know about outside of NY. I believe there have been a few posts where NYers mentioned the BSS they bought it from.

divinefavor

We have a farmer's market here in metro Atlanta that sells JBCO. It's too far across town for me to make a trip just for that. However, I will be over that way for my cousin's baby shower today. So, I may stop in the Farmer's market to pick some up.

Dual

My partner has just returned from Jamaica and I asked him to purchase me a couple of bottles whilst he was out there. He said he tried stores, hairdressers and more stores and couldnt get it.

He was told there is a women who occasionally comes down to the local market and sells it but no-one ever knew when she was coming!

I will just stick with my regular pharmacy castor oil. Would have liked to try it though.

Empress Yahudah

I just recently got mine on line from sams247....Some west indian markets sell them but not in this area I just moved to ...Ive tried the reg one before and the black one tonight and I feel there is a difference...the reg one was to gummy for me and gummed up my hair a bit and weighed it down...the black one glided on smoothly and didnt weigh my hair down...I love it!...its only been one night so as far as thickness I need to use It longer to see those benefits....HTH

MzOptimistic

I have a quick question...To anyone who is using black castor oil to seal their ends, Are you just applying the black castor oil to your ends by itself or do you use it as a sealer. I apply profective healthy ends or eq mango butter to my ends and then seal with kemi oyl, now I want to use the black castor oil to seal. Is that okay? Are you ladies applying it all over your hair or just your ends?

TIA
Tanya

Last edited:

Tee

tsmith said:
I have a quick question...To anyone who is using black castor oil to seal their ends, Are you just applying the black castor oil to your ends by itself or do you use it as a sealer. I apply profective healthy ends or eq mango butter to my ends and then seal with kemi oyl, now I want to use the black castor oil to seal. Is that okay? Are you ladies applying it all over your hair or just your ends?

TIA
Tanya

Hey Hey Tanya. I have not used the black castor oil but when I use the reg castor oil I use it to seal. I really like it this way. Let me know how you like the black castor oil. :)

Whisper

Last night, I mixed some castor oil (regular) with conditioner and sealed and baggied. It was a winner!!! This morning my ends were oh so smooth, with no breakage. How did I sleep on this ???!!!

MzOptimistic

Letitia said:
Hey Hey Tanya. I have not used the black castor oil but when I use the reg castor oil I use it to seal. I really like it this way. Let me know how you like the black castor oil. :)

Thanks Tee;)

MzOptimistic

Indigo said:
Last night, I mixed some castor oil (regular) with conditioner and sealed and baggied. It was a winner!!! This morning my ends were oh so smooth, with no breakage. How did I sleep on this ???!!!

Indigo, I bet your hair loved that special treatment. I can't wait to seal what this bco do for my ends:D

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
The black castor oil ain't no joke! It's the truth for real! I'm four months post relaxer. Absolutely no breakage or anything. My ends are off the chain. I baggy, using Elasta QP Mango Butter and seal with the Jamaican Black Castor Oil, concentrating on the ends. Again, after 4 months, absolutely NO breakage. I baggy my entire head and can truly see the difference. This stuff is a keeper!;)

Empress Yahudah

tsmith said:

TIA
Tanya

I use my JBCO on the whole strands like all my hair but not the scalp...HTH