Oil Rinsing with Castor oil question?

IntoMyhair

Hi ladies,

I picked up some castor oil, coconut oil, Avocado oil and jojoba oil

I would like to try a castor oil rinse this evening
my question is will the castor oil work like my evoo with detangling my hair?
which is better castor or extra virgin olive oil?

Any ladies have a idea of how the castor will work for my hair type 4a/b
And how much castor should i use

With evoo i usually do 1 palm full on each 2 divided sections than divide those 2 sections again and do another palm full for each of the 4 sections

will castor oil be to much if done the same way?

As always TIA

InnerSoul

I can't answer you b/c I am not an oil rinse person.. my hair prefers a prepoo with oils,(I have only done this with amla oil.. but I will also try EVOO to see if there is a difference) as opposed to oil rinses. But each head of hair is different.
The only way you will know is to go ahead and try it. See if you like it, wait it out and if you like it keep up with castor oil rinse. Trial and error is the key to what your hair likes/dislikes.

my hair also loves EVOO, JBCO to seal in moisture.. but I haven't gotten a liken to oil rinses. HTH!

IntoMyhair

Thanks
I may just have to try it out anyway since i have my Dc sitting on my dry hair about to get under the dryer

I guess i'll have to cross my fingers and hope it works out lol

Healthb4Length

please post your results with the castor oil, I'm afraid it would be too heavy but then I think about how soft castor oil makes my hair and I'm thinking it maybe a good thing!

IntoMyhair

^^^ Will do

Lord knows i don't need to be trying nothing new with all this new growth.

I'll either be banging my head against the wall or jumping for joy.
lol

sareca

Castor oil is a little sticky. I'd mix it with another oil that your hair likes (maybe half and half). It should detangle the same. Make sure you're under running water before you try.

Mahalialee4

I have done the castor oil thing with an overnight baggie and it was great. Just do not overdo the castor oil because it is thick and penetrates well. bonjour

IntoMyhair

Ok i'm back
the castor oil is great i could finger part my hair
i mean take my finger and make a nice clean part
i could not even do that with evoo so it's a keeper
but i ran across another problem with breakage that i'm making a new topic for to take suggestions

i will say i did it the way sareca said and used evoo and castor but i did not mix it up good enough with my finger so the first rinse was with mostly evoo and caster and the second was with the castor

it just was sitting on the bottom of the cup lol

Brownie518

please post your results with the castor oil, I'm afraid it would be too heavy but then I think about how soft castor oil makes my hair and I'm thinking it maybe a good thing!

I thought the same thing but decided to try it anyway. It was wonderful!! My hair was detangled, soft, and just perfect. I love using castor oil. I use it everyday, anyway. I also use amla and red palm oil for my rinses. :lick: I will be doing this later tonight, probably with castor. :happydance: