braidout maintenance

BeautifulRoots

Ok so I just did a braidout from some braids I had in for about a week. Looks nice. I want to keep the look for a couple of days. How do you all keep your braidouts looking good?? (I did a braidout once before, but it looked bad the next day...any advice would be appreciated...what to do before bed...etc.) I would have done a search for this topic but it wasnt working at the moment.

Last edited:
I usually just pop on a satin cap at night, but my braidouts aren't lasting that long lately, I think because of my increasing new growth.

I usually just moisturize and put on a bonnet. It could last about 3 days like that.
Lately, I just pull it into a ponytail because the humidity makes it look like a puffed up mess :ohwell:

I usually wear twistouts...at bedtime, I lightly moisturize my ends, then put on a bonnet with my head (and hair) hanging upside down. This keeps the twistout looking good for 2 days; after that, I do a variation of updos until next washday.

Moisturize and sleep with a bonnet. I try to pile my hair on the top on my head so I'm not flattening my hair. My last braidout lasted about 4 days that way.

How are you guys keeping your waves from falling in the heat? I wore my braidout today and some of my waves got frizzy. I have not worn a braid out in a really long time lol. I ended up pulling my hair in a ponytail.

Right now i have hand in hair disease.

Mine last for about five days before they get dry and need to be redone. I just sleep on a silk pillowcase. Putting a little more shea butter on my hair than I usually would while briading keeps them looking nice until the end. The usually get better looking each day until the last day when it needs to be washed.

all good tips, thanks you all...I think tonight I will sleep with a satin pillowcase, then tomorrow rebraid in about 3 cornrows so it will stay looking fresh...its really humid around here lately, especially since its been raining about twice a day...so I will see how long this lasts...and the braidout is on flat ironed hair so you know its prone to getting frizzy...lol.

Back