BHM Member Stole My Image *SMH*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoingNatural

Does anyone know AsianCurlie on BHM? She has stolen my picture and is using it to represent herself. Thankfully one of the board members here PMd me and let me know. I signed up for BHM just so I could check for my self and yup there I am!

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/member_profile.asp?PF=14501&FID=79

If any of you know her on BHM can you please ask her to stop? I've PMd the mods on that site, PMd her and posted in one of her threads but I don't know how far that is going to get me. I now see why people shut down their fotkis and won't give pictures with their image :(

Thanks!

GoingNatural

the worst part is that it looks like she is a frequent poster in the lace front and weave section so i wonder if she's telling people that's not her hair and trying to hawk fake hair to them.

I didn't read any of her posts bc I can't submit myself to that. i just want that picture gone!

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I hope it gets straightened out. The only thing to do is subscribe to that site and start posting your own pics and call her out.

Soldier Girl

I guess you could look at it as someone wants to be you :bump:
Its actually kinda sad though. Hope she takes the pics down.

LushLox

She needs to be outed. You should create a thread and admonish her publicly. What a silly thing to do on a hair site, does she not think she'd get found out? :rolleyes:

Keen

Is there any possibility that she posts your picture as her hair idol? I've had my picture stolen on a dating profile, so I know how you feel. My sister's friend saw it and contacted the girl. She never responded but she took it down.

AllAboutMoi

Quite pathetic I would say. Stealing a hair pic? Really? I had no idea it was that serious. Wonder if she posts on here too?

Empressive

Yes, you should definitely start a thread at BHM and call her out! :yep: She would not see that coming (unless she is a member HERE :perplexed)

*exits out of thread*

*goes to become a member at BHM to investigate* :sekret:

longhairdreamzz

I hope she responds back soon. But I don't really think she meant any harm by it. She probably thought you were a model in the pic and probably posted it as her hair inspiration...Hopefully!!!

winnettag

Some people are so weird. It is kind of flattering though.
Hope they resolve it for you soon.
Shameful that she's an avid poster over there too.

winnettag

I hope she responds back soon. But I don't really think she meant any harm by it. She probably thought you were a model in the pic and probably posted it as her hair inspiration...Hopefully!!!

That's what I was thinking/hoping too.......but, as pretty as the pics are, you can tell they aren't professional shots.

Vonnieluvs08

I'm sorry this happened to you. They say imitation is the best form of flattery. However stealing is not the way to go about it. I hope she respects your wishes and apologizes as well. Let us know what happens.

*fabulosity*

O M G... Is she serious??? !!
Maybe she thinks you're a model or somebody.. you know how people have random pictures for their avi?? I don't know .. I'm reaching.

Thats nuts.

tallnomad

I had professional photos taken and used one of them on my profile pic on NP. Another girl also started using it as her profile photo. I sent her a PM and she apologized profusely; she said she thought it was a model.

Your photo is so pretty, so hoping that the poster thinks it is a model, like longhairdreamzz and other said.

Geminigirl

oooohhh weee that's scary! I hope there is a good explanation for this psycho action. I mean who really does that?

acapnleo

WHAT! people are sick .....

maybe we should all tag our photos with our names. geez. is NOTHING sacred?

thats a good idea!:yep:

op.. i hope it gets straightened out... that sucks!:blush: and thats alot of nerve to have used the pic, but to keep it up after being discovered...!:ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.