CREME OF NATURE..Discontinued (APO BHM Forum):CON Users come inside!

I think you might be on to something here.:yep::yep::yep:

So perhaps, it's the way some of us are framing the question. We should be asking whether it's being replaced w/the new formula instead of discontinued. That way, they have no way to get around the answer.

I'm going to rack up on my CON today and I'll also see if I find some of that Roux poo Honey Dew was speaking of.

Anyone have an idea as to how long each 32 oz bottle should last me since I wash every 5 to 7 days. I just became a DIY'er 4 weeks ago so I'm not really able to assess how long each product lasts. I used to take my products with me to the Dominican salon but they are soooo heavy handed that it's hard to really tell.

How long does a 32oz bottle of poo usually last you guys, or 16 oz if that's the size you use?

TIA
I always buy the 32 oz from Sally's and I usually wash at about the same schedule as you do and it's at LEAST 3-4 months till I use up a full bottle. HTH. I always buy two when they go on sale at sally's and I never run out (guessing they do the sale at least 2 times, but probably 3 times a year)

This is ridiculous...I bought that organic stuff and it did nothing on my dd's 4 ish hair...

Please be sure to let the folks at CON know that. :yep::yep:

That is, that it has been tried and tested and it is not comparable, not even for your daughter. And that you'll never purchase it again. And that you'll rather use it to shave your legs or clean your dog. But then no, not even your dog because of the SULFATES and that not even your DOG should be subjected to sulfates. Okay, I'm getting carried away but you get the idea.:grin:

Hmph...who do those folks at CON think they are. :perplexed

Oh No! CON holds a special place in the life of my hair. Nothing comes close for keeping hair tangle free.

The only thing I can think of that might come close is Organix, but that stuff costs $7 at CVS (even though it's free with rebate through June). It's I prefer to be able to find my staple products at mass retailers at decent prices and CON fit the bill.

If this is true, CON is letting the marketing department drive a product change. Put a crappy product in a nice package and they'll come running.

I can't participate in the run on CON. I am super stocked with hair products because of the CVS ECB program.

Last edited:
Please be sure to let the folks at CON know that. :yep::yep:

That is, that it has been tried and tested and it is not comparable, not even for your daughter. And that you'll never purchase it again. And that you'll rather use it to shave your legs or clean your dog. But then no, not even your dog because of the SULFATES and that not even your DOG should be subjected to sulfates. Okay, I'm getting carried away but you get the idea.:grin:

Hmph...who do those folks at CON think they are. :perplexed

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I swear their trying to send us backwards LOL

Profective is making all new products with mineral oil, petroleum and all kinds of mess

Aphogee redid my old beloved protein treatment 2 min. keratin reconstructor and put mineral oil in their, i think petroleum too and i think they took out the sulfur that was in there...they redid the keratin & green tea spray who knows whats in there now

Now CON...something i've had around my whole life LOL WTF????

Here is the number:
Phone (Toll Free):
[1] 866.340.7883

Fax:
[1] 904 693.1207
Have y'all been calling today?

Maybe someone can call and rephrase the question. Because they probably don't see it as discontinuing the product since they're still making something. I know it sounds crazy, but everyone thinks differently, and it's obvious that they do.

I call today and spoke with Jean and she states the original products are still being made along with the new organic line.
I will keep some in my stash just in case.:drunk:

I call today and spoke with Jean and she states the original products are still being made along with the new organic line.
I will keep some in my stash just in case.:drunk:
I wonder why they have those bottles with the 'former look' on it. Hmmm.

I called and spoke with a woman named Flora. I asked her if the old shampoo is being replaced with the new "organic" line and she said no. They are being sold in addition to the old line. She said the new line is more "multicultural", so I assume that CON is trying to branch out and appeal to a different(read: white) demographic.

I told her that the organic line is terrible that they should remain true to what draws in loyal customers, NO SULFATES. She was like, "WOW", and said she would pass along my concerns to the marketing department.

Keracare Detangling Shampoo is a good replacement for CON if they do end up kicking it to the curb altogether. Let's hope not, though.

Well, I already have two bottles of CON shampoo and one bottle of CON conditioner. I won't go out and buy it up like it's going out of production. After all, I don't even use shampoo for each wash (sometimes I just use conditioner). The two bottles of shampoo that I have will probably last me quite a while. Plus, I dilute my shampoo when I use it. CON shampoo has always been in my hair care rotation, and since I'm transitioning, I use it even more.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I swear their trying to send us backwards LOL

Profective is making all new products with mineral oil, petroleum and all kinds of mess

Aphogee redid my old beloved protein treatment 2 min. keratin reconstructor and put mineral oil in their, i think petroleum too and i think they took out the sulfur that was in there...they redid the keratin & green tea spray who knows whats in there now

Now CON...something i've had around my whole life LOL WTF????

Right. Companies have been changing formulas of their products for years now. It is only because they assume the customer wont know the difference or wont care enough to stop buying.

A couple of years ago on this board a shampoo by Lanza was highly recommended. One day one of the members noticed her hair was acting differently and looked at the bottle and saw the change of ingredients. Immediately people got to writing and calling Lanza complaining and they stated that the new product was just as good as the old.

A lot of people's favorite conditioners were discontinued. These things happen all the time. When a company repackages a product they probably do so to catch your eye and to make you believe that this product is better, new and improved compared to the older one. What they dont tell you is they add inferior ingredients and jack up the price.

The average customer isnt going to be reading labels on the back of shampoos and conditioners. People barely read the labels of their food so it is doubtful they will do so for their hair products. They see key catch phrases that they may have heard or read somewhere and thing it must be good for them. All this talk about how good organic products are and they see the fruit and the oils mentioned and think this must be good. Same with the people seeing the word trans-fat free on their food. They dont realize that there are other ingredients that can do just as much harm. God bless you all.

Right. Companies have been changing formulas of their products for years now. It is only because they assume the customer wont know the difference or wont care enough to stop buying.

A couple of years ago on this board a shampoo by Lanza was highly recommended. One day one of the members noticed her hair was acting differently and looked at the bottle and saw the change of ingredients. Immediately people got to writing and calling Lanza complaining and they stated that the new product was just as good as the old.

A lot of people's favorite conditioners were discontinued. These things happen all the time. When a company repackages a product they probably do so to catch your eye and to make you believe that this product is better, new and improved compared to the older one. What they dont tell you is they add inferior ingredients and jack up the price.

The average customer isnt going to be reading labels on the back of shampoos and conditioners. People barely read the labels of their food so it is doubtful they will do so for their hair products. They see key catch phrases that they may have heard or read somewhere and thing it must be good for them. All this talk about how good organic products are and they see the fruit and the oils mentioned and think this must be good. Same with the people seeing the word trans-fat free on their food. They dont realize that there are other ingredients that can do just as much harm. God bless you all.

True, and i know soooo many black women that use cream of nature and they probally WILL think its better as i would have if i never learned about haircare.

Its just a shame because most black products are filled with crap and cost so much more than they should like you said....Cream of nature and Profective....those are a couple of popluar black brands that werent, and Cream of Nature has been around so long its a shame that they dont care about their customers more to be just like the other brands. :nono:

I remember this because I used to use it. It was more than a couple of years ago. It was the L'anza Protein Plus Shampoo. Once the formula changed, it definitely wasn't the same. I had a nice stock of that too. :lol:

I haven't read thru the rest of thread so forgive me if this is repetition. My goodness this thread grew quick! Yeah, I meant to post my findings yesterday but got busy. Sorry ladies...but I burned some good gas for you all, lol! I went to 3 Walgreens, 2 Kroger's, Target, 2 CVS's, 2 Kmarts, Dollar General, of course 2 of my beloved Big Lots(to look for other things of course :)) and Sally Beauty Supply. I found that the only stores that had it were K-Mart, Dollar General and Sally's. At K-mart, it's not on sale, the price on the shelf is $3.99 but they rang up $2.46(the 8oz and the 12oz rang up the same price). Sally's has the old bottle on "sale" right now for $4.99(15 oz) and the big bottle is still $8.99, I didn't ask the checkout person to do a price check though as I already have 2 of the large bottles here at home and bought the two that were in K-mart. I am like Allandra, it will take FOREVER for me to use it up. Dollar General has it for $3 for the 12oz bottles, but I didn't ask the clerk to do a price check. I knew it was coming though.

Big companies are cutting back everywhere, I know you all notice the 100oz-200oz containers of All, Purex, Tide, Cheer, etc have "disappeared" and have been replaced with "Ultra 2x" this and "Ultra 3x" that and the prices are straight RIDICULOUS and the caps are either smaller or flatter(cause they claim you get the same amount of cleaning power in that little arse cap, yeah right) :bookworm:...yeah I am on that too. :user: Heads up, if you use All Free & Clear or regular for your laundry, Big Lots has limited quantity for $3.50 per container. Yeah, I bought 7 of them. Okay, back to the subject, yeah, our beloved CON is about to be outta here. :mad:

Last edited:
I guess it is true. They aren't just adding a new line; they're changing the older ones:

CremeofNature-vi.jpg

I went to the BSS today and this little flyer came attatched to the older bottle of CON.

I went to another BSS and the "new" Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo does have Sulfates :nono:.

I haven't used CON in several months, but I will stock up on some bottles for the simple fact that it is a tried and true shampoo that always works.

Note to the Los Angeles area Creme of Nature Lovers:

Yesterday, I went to Sally's at the corner of Hollywood and Vermont. They are selling through their remaining stock of CON Professional Formula. The 32 oz bottles are on sale for $4.99. They appeared to have a healthy amount of the red, green and blue varieties available. This might be a good opportunity to stock up if the location is convenient for you. I purchased six bottles.

Last edited:
WHY?!?!?!? :wallbash: I just bought this last week because of all the raves on this board. It works like nothing I've ever used before. This is so lame! Im going to write them AND call them. This is completely outrageous... Im off to stalk up.

Note to the Los Angeles area Creme of Nature Lovers:

Yesterday, I went to Sally's at the corner of Hollywood and Vermont. They are selling through their remaining stock of CON Professional Formula. The 32 oz bottles are on sale for $4.99. They appeared to have a healthy amount of the red, green and blue varieties available. This might be a good opportunity to stock up if the location is convenient for you. I purchased six bottles.

Girl...down here in the marina/ culver city the bottles were still $10.99... I am heading up to hollywood. :cowgirl:

Found them here in LA @ Sally's on Crenshaw for $4.99 :yay: They were closeouts on the professional 32 oz. bottles.

Found them here in LA @ Sally's on Crenshaw for $4.99 :yay: They were closeouts on the professional 32 oz. bottles.

I was in an :ohwell: kind of mood...but this gave me a nice chuckle before I logged off.

I could feel your hair product joy :grin:

Congrats on your find!

oh god! nooo. not my love. This is my fav detangling shampoo. :( I'll be making a phone call tomorrow, then heading straight to 3 stores to get a few(like 10) bottles.

I tried my Sally's this weekend and they were still 8.99 (w/card). I have to try the other two in my area to see if they are marked down.

This is all so confusing. If they are not discontinuing it, why is it being marked down? And if they are discontinuing it, why isn't it marked down everywhere? And if they are just putting out the new formula, why not let people have choice between the two?

I am not going to take the chance. I gotta have my Old CON green. My hair luves this stuff.

Back