CREME OF NATURE..Discontinued (APO BHM Forum):CON Users come inside!

First the O'Jay's break up and now this! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:
I am gonna stock up soo good, I won't ever run out.

OT:When did they O'Jay's break up???

I just bought a bottle of the CON extra moisturing poo and there was a tag on the bottle that said to look out for the "new look". Sure enough it was a pic of that "Organic" formula:rolleyes:. I will be calling tomorrow. There is no need for them to mess with this shampoo. I have used this poo off and on since I was a teen. I didn't care for the smell of the new formula so I didn't even check the ingredients. This is a shame....:nono:

Alright so for the alternatives

Breakthru
Roux Alpha 5 n 1
Elasta Creme Conditoning Shampoo
Oscar Blandi (? good replacement )

So for those with the alternative recomendations....If cream of nature shampoo is a 10----what would these be?

I've tried the creme conditonig shampoo and i'd give it an 8/10 compared to cream of nature.

Isnt ROUX made by the same company as Cream of nature though :ohwell: I know cream of nature makes a porosity conditoner just like Roux and they both have the same ingredients

I believe they were the original brand. I remember back in the day my CON bottles listing Roux as the manufacturer then Revlon(Colmer) bought them out. At least that's how I believe it went down. :yep: So the Roux shampoo maybe the same forumula on CON we use today. I'll have to try it out to know for sure.

If someone has compared the ingredients to Roux 5-1 vs CON please share.

I am so glad that I wandered over to hair forum from OT today. I am going to run out and buy all that I can find. I LOVE this shampoo.

I hit Walmart after work they didn't have any :eek:

I saw some of the green bottles a few weeks ago but I had 4 bottles at home so I didn't buy any. :wallbash:

If I find some I find some I guess. My stash will probably last me a yr. maybe two I don't use that much per wash. Good thing I was stockpiling already.

Ladies,Check your local Family Dollar Store they have Con on sale for 89 cents.
Plus they sell the poo and conditioner combo for $3 bucks daily.

The Organix Shea Butter shampoo left my hair a hottt mess

:nono::nono:

Im on the phone with this woman. She said they are gone and there's nothing i can do:nono:. She had an attitude.. so I know you heifas have been calling her around the clock cause she already knew what I was talking about.:ohwell::lachen:

And here I was missing that conditioner in the purple bottle since I'm running out of Keracare. That stuff was great for a leave-in too. But I guess I'll keep up using Organix at this point. No reason to buy some CON then get disappointed. If you ladies are looking for something else to try that can replace the CON conditioner, please consider the following:

Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner is VERY moisturizing. It is SULFATE FREE. It is creamy, it provides slip, and it smells just as good if not better than CON. I prefer the Shea Butter conditioner, but if you need that coconut in the mix then the Coconut Conditioner is just what you need. So if this all doesn't work out, PLEASE try the coconut conditioner from Organix.

CoconutConditioner_91006.jpg

(Organix)Ingredients
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Bethentrimonium, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Silk Amino Complex, Coconut Milk, Egg White Protein, Coconut Oil, Vitamin E, Terasodium EDTA, Fragrance, DMDM Hydatoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner is VERY moisturizing. It is SULFATE FREE. It is creamy, it provides slip, and it smells just as good if not better than CON. I prefer the Shea Butter conditioner, but if you need that coconut in the mix then the Coconut Conditioner is just what you need. So if this all doesn't work out, PLEASE try the coconut conditioner from Organix.

CoconutConditioner_91006.jpg

[/B](Organix)Ingredients
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Bethentrimonium, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Silk Amino Complex, Coconut Milk, Egg White Protein, Coconut Oil, Vitamin E, Terasodium EDTA, Fragrance, DMDM Hydatoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

Giiiiirrrrrrrrrlllllll, that conditioner is the ISH!!!! My hair feels like silk wrapped butter when I use this.:lick:

It's my staple condish in my fotki.

Oh boy, it seems like every product that I fall in love with eventually gets discontinued. :perplexed This is why it pays to have a stock pile.

OT:When did they O'Jay's break up???

I just bought a bottle of the CON extra moisturing poo and there was a tag on the bottle that said to look out for the "new look". Sure enough it was a pic of that "Organic" formula:rolleyes:. I will be calling tomorrow. There is no need for them to mess with this shampoo. I have used this poo off and on since I was a teen. I didn't care for the smell of the new formula so I didn't even check the ingredients. This is a shame....:nono:
That was just a throwback to Chris Rock in Boomerang. I think I misquoted! (he said Fat Boys!):lachen::lachen::lachen:

I just called. I spoke to Gene. She said that it's a rumor that the shampoo is being discontinued. She said they're receiving calls but the shampoo is not being discontinued, so... I'm confused. She said she doesn't know who is saying it, but it's not true.

OK ya'll heres my theory.

With all the many calls that have been made about CON being discontinued and all the different answers that have been given about weather its true or not I smell something fishy.

Either it is or it isnt being discontinued. Why cant we get a consistent answer?

I'll tell you why.

Its a CONSPIRACY!!!!

They want to create a panic so that everyone will go out and buy up all the regular CON shampoos to make room for the new stuff thats coming out. So they start this rumor that its being discontinued, knowing all the while its not. So....in affect they will sell a boat load of the reg. CON just in case the organic stuff doesnt sell well then by magic, our old trusty regular CON will make a re-appearance.

I believe they were the original brand. I remember back in the day my CON bottles listing Roux as the manufacturer then Revlon(Colmer) bought them out. At least that's how I believe it went down. :yep: So the Roux shampoo maybe the same forumula on CON we use today. I'll have to try it out to know for sure.

If someone has compared the ingredients to Roux 5-1 vs CON please share.

I think Roux is also owned by Revlon

I think technically it's not being discontinued...the formula is simply changing, which might be why the reps are confused as well.

I just called. I spoke to Gene. She said that it's a rumor that the shampoo is being discontinued. She said they're receiving calls but the shampoo is not being discontinued, so... I'm confused. She said she doesn't know who is saying it, but it's not true.
They should try looking at the new bottles (the ones that have a picture of the red labeled one and green labeled one - referring to it as the 'former look').

I think Roux is also owned by Revlon

From Wikipedia:
The 1977 acquisition of Carlos Colomer, a Spanish professional beauty supply distributor, brought Fermodyl and Roux and helped introduce Revlon to the world of ethnic care: Creme of Nature, Realistic, Lovely Color and Milk and Honey became highly successful international.

Then I think Revlon was sold in the 80's and is no longer associated with Roux. But, Alpha 5 in 1 and Creme of Nature may be very closely related as a result. All I know is that the ingredients are crazy alike and I was afraid to use the Alpha because of the Balsam it has, just like CON. I gave it to my mom and she is HOOKED. The BSS was out of Alpha 5 in 1 and we had to order it. Thinking....since they were out and have been out for WEEKS, I hope it is not being discontinued either. It is already harder to find than CON.

Last edited:
I just called that number, and the CON represenative said:

That the shampoo formulas will still be available- going on to list them:

Dry/Damaged Hair forumla, Limp Hair formula, Color Treated forumla and Normal Hair formula.

Then I went on to ask her were they going to replace it with the Oranic Formula, she responded " No, they are just a new edition to CON and the old formulas will still be available.

:wallbash:She better not have been Lieing!!!!!!!!!!!:wallbash:
Something is fishy about this whole CON thing. If the organic formula is just an addition than why put a pic of the old bottle on the new bottle saying that the new bottle is replacing the old one?:perplexed:perplexed *singing* Someone's lyyyying!!!!

All the calls must've scared them. We'll straighten em' out!
3.gif

OK ya'll heres my theory.

With all the many calls that have been made about CON being discontinued and all the different answers that have been given about weather its true or not I smell something fishy.

Either it is or it isnt being discontinued. Why cant we get a consistent answer?

I'll tell you why.

Its a CONSPIRACY!!!!

They want to create a panic so that everyone will go out and buy up all the regular CON shampoos to make room for the new stuff thats coming out. So they start this rumor that its being discontinued, knowing all the while its not. So....in affect they will sell a boat load of the reg. CON just in case the organic stuff doesnt sell well then by magic, our old trusty regular CON will make a re-appearance.

Man that sounds like it could be true. I don't think I'll buy their stuff anymore, it does sound like they're trying to trick us. They know they have a good thing so they're messing with us for a chance to raise the prices and make big sales...

I'll stick to Organix because after talking to the lady on the phone I completely believe that is the case. At least Organix had organic in the title and says it does not and will not have sulfates and it isn't a "black haircare product" so I wont have to worry about them putting a picture of a black woman on the bottle or changing the ingredients to low quality as an excuse to jack up prices. Its the truth, it always happens to us. When Garnier Fructis changes its formula, its for the better, they even put a commercial out to tell you its better. When stuff for us changes the formula, they add mineral oil, sulfates, or other cheap fillers that may/may not be good for our hair or our health... then try to trick you with a new bottle and a lie written on it. Everything marketed to black women winds up getting tainted and lessened in quality and we wind up paying extra, I'm done with that. They know who we are and they know what they like, and they are out to make sure we spend more money for the trash they put out. Not buying it anymore:nono:.

I don't believe those conspiracy theories. Companies discontinue products all the time. Some newly minted executive wants to justify his/her promotion and wants to shake things up a bit and decides to discontinue a product and come up with a new one.

I will be calling them. And stocking up in the meantime.

I don't believe those conspiracy theories. Companies discontinue products all the time. Some newly minted executive wants to justify his/her promotion and wants to shake things up a bit and decides to discontinue a product and come up with a new one.

I will be calling them. And stocking up in the meantime.

I agree. The same shampoo for over 30 years!?!? Somebody in a meeting somewhere at some time, said we GOTS TO DO SOMETHING different.

They see everybody all hip to the organic stuff and wanted to get in on it.

From Wikipedia:
The 1977 acquisition of Carlos Colomer, a Spanish professional beauty supply distributor, brought Fermodyl and Roux and helped introduce Revlon to the world of ethnic care: Creme of Nature, Realistic, Lovely Color and Milk and Honey became highly successful international.

Then I think Revlon was sold in the 80's and is no longer associated with Roux. But, Alpha 5 in 1 and Creme of Nature may be very closely related as a result. All I know is that the ingredients are crazy alike and I was afraid to use the Alpha because of the Balsam it has, just like CON. I gave it to my mom and she is HOOKED. The BSS was out of Alpha 5 in 1 and we had to order it. Thinking....since they were out and have been out for WEEKS, I hope it is not being discontinued either. It is already harder to find than CON.

Yes you are right. I looked it up, It looks like the Carlos Colomer distributer bought back their company from Revlon in 2000. So Creme of Nature and Roux are no longer owned by Revlon, but are still owned by the same distribution company. I don't know if Carlos Colomer originally had a hand in the formulations, but if they did then I'm sure the shampoos are still very similar.:yep:

http://www.themanufacturer.com/us/profile/3121/The_Colomer_Group,_Inc.?PHPSESSID=c88bc

I think technically it's not being discontinued...the formula is simply changing, which might be why the reps are confused as well.

I think you might be on to something here.:yep::yep::yep:

So perhaps, it's the way some of us are framing the question. We should be asking whether it's being replaced w/the new formula instead of discontinued. That way, they have no way to get around the answer.

I'm going to rack up on my CON today and I'll also see if I find some of that Roux poo Honey Dew was speaking of.

Anyone have an idea as to how long each 32 oz bottle should last me since I wash every 5 to 7 days. I just became a DIY'er 4 weeks ago so I'm not really able to assess how long each product lasts. I used to take my products with me to the Dominican salon but they are soooo heavy handed that it's hard to really tell.

How long does a 32oz bottle of poo usually last you guys, or 16 oz if that's the size you use?

TIA

Back