My picture was STOLEN and used in testimonial!

afrochique

Now he just has stolen testimonials. some of them are referencing Chicoro and Cathy Howse

I think those testimonials were stolen from Cathy Howse and Chicoro's websites: Case in point: 1st testimonial:

I purchased this book back in Jan/Feb 2009. I was skeptical. I've been on my natural hair journey for 6years now. I felt like nothing she could say could possibly prove me wrong..Well Miss Chicoro sure did![/U]

To my understanding, this person is saying that she couldn't grow her hair until she read Miss Chicoro's book. Am I the only one thinking this?

Desert Skye

Now he just has stolen testimonials. some of them are referencing Chicoro and Cathy Howse

LMAO here are some testimonials on his site:

"Chicoro's Grow It! will be added to this list. A true hair book about hair care - Grow It! is the first to demystify and codify the mindset, processes & techniques of growing LONG afro-textured hair. Michelle"

"Anyone who is hesitating on purchasing this book, don't. This is some solid, valuable information that I wish I had learned 6 years prior to my hair journey! Chicoro is a beautiful woman inside and out, and I am so thankful that she was willing to share her knowledge with all of us! Tonya"

Damn no attention to detail:drunk:

He has no shame and is determined to get some poor woman's $$$. Should Cathy and Chicoro be alerted about this?

Last edited:

Solitude

LMAO. This person is a crazy crook. Based on the lack of attention to basic details, I'm guessing this person has various scams going on, and this is probably only one of them.

This could also be someone overseas trying to scam Americans/African-American women. Even though he had an American address and phone number listed, you can list just about any address or phone number when you register for a domain name. I'm sure this person is not above identify theft in general.

Someone should let Cathy Howse know what's up. She probably has the means to actually take legal action. I can't believe he actually left Chicoro and Cathy Howse's info in there. :lol:

Neith

LMAO here are some testimonials on his site:

"Chicoro's Grow It! will be added to this list. A true hair book about hair care - Grow It! is the first to demystify and codify the mindset, processes & techniques of growing LONG afro-textured hair. Michelle"

"Anyone who is hesitating on purchasing this book, don't. This is some solid, valuable information that I wish I had learned 6 years prior to my hair journey! Chicoro is a beautiful woman inside and out, and I am so thankful that she was willing to share her knowledge with all of us! Tonya"

Damn no attention to detail:drunk:

He has no shame and is determined to get some poor woman's $$$. Should Cathy and Chicoro be alerted about this?

That is so wrong. Some people have no shame.

However, I can't lie... I laughed. O M G, How are you going to leave the names in there on top of it? This must be a true moron at work here. :ohwell:

lilikoi

Someone should alert godaddy.com customer service. They have no patience for fraudulent websites.

lilikoi

I did my home work today. I reported the whois as fraudulent ( the website is now registered to dr. nuevo jenkins, and we all know there's no such perso...). I think if more of us report the the product, the website and the whois as fraudulent someone at goddady will pay attention. LET'S STOP THIS CROOK!

Here's my report:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

LadyPaniolo

You know what REALLY upsets me about this whole thing is that I have been writing a hair e-book. :( Nobody will want to purchase it or even believe my pics are real when they keep encountering scammers like this jerk.

Trini_Chutney

Peeing in my shower
These people probably scan the board for threads on length checks, progress pics etc. Maybe we should start calling them something else so they're not as searchable?

MsKibibi

This guy is a repeat offender. In March 2009, I had to send a cease and desist letter to his site and godaddy b/c he stole my hair pictures also. Godaddy removed the website but he's obviously up to his old tricks. I'm going to lock my fotki album again. Sigh.

Auburn

Please excuse the following words, they are fueled by anger.

No need to lock a photo, album, etc because it could be any one of us. Watermarking ALL my pictures would be a drag. They can also cleverly use the watermark (depending on what it says) to their advantage. The best bet is to catch them and take legal action. I'm currently collecting all the information I can and I will inform my mother of this issue.

I would like to know HOW much profit this person makes, what the book entails, how many hits per day the site makes, and how I can stop this guy from doing the same thing repeatedly.

Like someone else said, he is probably lurking on this site... all the pictures came from HERE right? I wouldn't doubt that this person was a member or lurker.