My picture was STOLEN and used in testimonial!

AlliCat

My picture was STOLEN and used in a testimonial!

I got a PM from someone who spotted my pic on THIS website: Black Hair Growth - Learn The Secret To Fast Black Hair Growth

I did NOT give the company permission to use my pic!! They most likely stole it from my fotki

In the first comparison pic that's ME in the after shot, but NOT ME in the before shot. Not only is this company STEALING pictures, but they are FRAUDULENT because the pics aren't even of the same head of hair. What makes me really pissed off is that this " Dr. Neuvo" person is using these pics to sell her book.

I suggest that you LHCF members or anyone with a fotki take a look at the site. On BHM, several other members pic's were stolen as well. (See the thread here : Anyone heard of this Dr. Nuevo woman? - BHM Talk Cafe)

What can I do about this?? I'm outraged but sorta flattered at the same time :ohwell: Jokes aside, this company is absolutely fraudulent!!

Last edited:

Americka

I'm sorry this has happened to you. The other pics also look familiar to me. I wonder if they were stolen as well.

Last edited:

Charlie555

Wow!!! I can't believe it! I would find out when & where this person is going to be doing book signings & let her have it face to face. She is down right outta pocket!

blac_quarian

Been here from long time
Wow, I'm sorry this happened to you. This is the kinda crap, i.e., fake testimonials and stolen pics, that makes people unable to believe in black hair growth and give up on attaining growth/healthy hair behind fraudsters like this. It makes it really difficult for consumers to accept any product review, testimonial and even picture evidence regarding products. If this site had any faith in their product, they wouldn't feel the need to resort to adding stolen pics.

AlliCat

I sent them an email demanding them to remove our pics or we will take legal action.

Last edited:

Theresamonet

I doubt there will be a book signing for that "book". Contact them through the site and tell them to remove your pic.

I bet she is not even really a doctor.

FebeeSigns

Ladies even if you watermark your pictures, photoshop editing software does wonders. I myself know how to take watermarks off of pictures through photoshop and I've used the stamp tool many times to do so when I was younger and loved to roleplay. if you have someone that knows how to work photoshop professionally, a watermark will not save you. For those who lack editing skills, watermarking is a good thing

hannan

WOW! :nono: Legal action is the best way to go. That is so PATHETIC of her to go steal photos and make up testimonials for her phony balogna crap.

:yep: @KnaughtyKurls It is SO easy to photoshop watermarks out of photos. I have played around with it a couple of times on campus and it's not as hard as one would think unfortunately.

Last edited:

AlliCat

Ladies even if you watermark your pictures, photoshop editing software does wonders. I myself know how to take watermarks off of pictures through photoshop and I've used the stamp tool many times to do so when I was younger and loved to roleplay. if you have someone that knows how to work photoshop professionally, a watermark will not save you. For those who lack editing skills, watermarking is a good thing

...I mean really? If their book really worked they wouldn't need to steal pics, and un-watermark them. That goes for any company. Now I see why some people don't post pics at all :ohwell: Thanx for the info. Just glad I don't post my face or shxt would really hit the fan.

jupitermoon

...I mean really? If their book really worked they wouldn't need to steal pics, and un-watermark them. That goes for any company. Now I see why some people don't post pics at all :ohwell: Thanx for the info. Just glad I don't post my face or shxt would really hit the fan.

@AlliCat, I'm very sorry to hear this. Like others mentioned I would email the site and demand they take it down. This is one of the reasons I don't take face shots either. Worst case scenario, I'd rather a picture of the back of my head gets stolen instead of a full face shot.

FebeeSigns

WOW! :nono: Legal action is the best way to go. That is so PATHETIC of her to go steal photos and make up testimonials for her phony balogna crap.

:yep: @KnaughtyKurls It is SO easy to photoshop watermarks out of photos. I have played around with it a couple of times on campus and it's not as hard as one would think unfortunately.
I've been taking off watermarks since age 13 and I taught myself lol. I agree that legal action is the only way to prevent suckers like her from stealing pictures. BHM already had someone advise on what to do, and my father is a lawyer as well so I could always ask him.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Omg, that's BronxJazzy's picture up there too!
It's the one where the before picture is a puff and the after is straight. I'm not even gonna go into the implications of that, but legit...this woman has lost her gotdamn mind.

ETA: LOL, did anyone read the stuff up there? It says:

Short Hair – you will notice new hair growth within 30 days, and your hair will continue to grow until you achieve your desired results. Not only that but your hair will start to grow twice its growth rate.

"All I can say is that your method is amazing. I grew 6 inches of hair in only two months! I always thought that black hair grew slow because of the texture, but your book proved me wrong. I recommend this to every black women wants long hair " - that was a testimonial.

If you go into a hair store 95 % of the products claim they can quote on quote “HELP” your hair grow. Or “PROMOTE” healthier hair growth. And they say this because these products actually won’t make your hair grow. But I have one of the only few products in the world that is legally allowed to say if you use what’s in my book your hair will grow guaranteed.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
I actually want this book now...lemme see what this lady is telling people!!

Last edited:

AlliCat

Omg, that's BronxJazzy's picture up there too!
It's the one where the before picture is a puff and the after is straight. I'm not even gonna go into the implications of that, but legit...this woman has lost her gotdamn mind.

You caught that too huh! The before is natural and the after is straight. Yeah, let's not even begin with the implications of that :nono: I've come to the conclusion that the people behind this company are COMPLETE IDIOTS (that was the nicest word I would think of).

Last edited:
Wow, and funny how every single review has five stars, and not one has less than that. Hmmm, too shady :nono:. That's too sad that people have to resort to all this scamming - do they have nothing better to do with their time?

Dragon_Of_Vaeros

Hopefully they have poofed it and don't plan on putting it back up... ever!

Eta - Just checked. No, it's still there.

Last edited: