Votes: 1 1.2%
  • products are just ok

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • some work better than others

Votes: 24 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trclemons

My bad...it's 4. I swear they are doing the most. I wish I knew how to post pics but they have a high porosity line which is the Mongongo & Hemp Seed Oil line; the low porosity line which is the Baobab & Tea Tree Oil and then the Raw Shea & Cupuacu Frizz Defense line. The last one is the African Water Mint & Ginger Detox & Refresh line.

I know some have spotted these already. Also some have spotted some SM on clearance.

Where in the world have I been because I haven't heard about any of these?!!! Oh well, looks like my wish list just got longer.

Thanks for the information.

PrettyBrownEyes

I love Shea Moisture! I use the lines as a set, meaning if I use the Raw Shea Shampoo then I follow up with the Raw Shea Conditioner. I do this with all my shampoos and conditioners because I feel they work best together. Not sure if that is why some aren't overly enthused with the product. Anyway my staples are as follows:
1. Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Shampoo and Masque (my favorite)
2. Raw Shea Shampoo and Restorative Conditioner
3. Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo and Masque (this one grew on me, didn't like it at first)
4. Curl Enhancing Smoothie (My hair loves this)!
5. Olive and Green Tea body lotion

Last edited:

greenandchic

I love Shea Moisture! I use the lines as a set, meaning if I use the Raw Shea Shampoo then I follow up with the Raw Shea Conditioner. I do this with all my shampoos and conditioners because I feel they work best together. Not sure if that is why some aren't overly enthused with the product. Anyway my staples are as follows:
1. Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Shampoo and Masque (my favorite)
2. Raw Shea Shampoo and Restorative Conditioner
3. Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo and Masque (this one grew on me, didn't like it at first)
4. Curl Enhancing Smoothie (My hair loves this)!
5. Olive and Avocado Butter body lotion

@PrettyBrownEyes I know not too many people like the Curl Enhancing Smoothie but I my hair loves it as well.

LexiDior

Sorry for the late response! But these are the items I chose, the hair masque has such a strong smell! It made me nauseous throughout the day smh...but it was pretty much gone the next day, also I really did nothing for my hair.

How is the shampoo? ACV tends to make my hair dry when I use it straight out of the bottle so Im wondering if pairing it with shea butter will soften the blow.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I voted yes. The raw shea butter deep treatment masque is a staple. I always stock up when there's a bogo free offer. The curl enhancing smoothie was a staple when I did twist outs but I don't like the way twist outs look on my hair anymore so I'm trying to decide what to do with the 4 or 5 jars I have. I also like the raw shea butter rinse out conditioner, shampoo and the restorative oil is a staple as a sealant in the summer and just for the smell in the winter.

Anaisin

I haven't tried many. I liked 3 out of 4 products I've tried and that was a couple years ago.

I plan on trying their stuff next year.

AlkalineSteam

I actually do my best to avoid products with shea butter in it because it had a tendency to build up on my eczema-prone scalp and make it itch. The masque doesn't irritate my scalp which is why I can use it. The rest of their products either irritated my scalp or made my hair dry.

Considering how Shea Butter is so high on most ladies' love lists, I thought I was alone in this fact. Within 24 hours of application my scalp is sore and I must clarify.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Of course I voted YASSSS!!!! :drunk:

I love the jet black hair coloring system

I also love to use the Manuka honey line in the cooler months and the Superfruit line in the warmer months.

My kids use the Coconut and hibiscus line. I love all the rinse out conditioners as well as the Anti breakage Masque for pre-poo'ing.

However my favorite stuff comes from the body lines. The soaps are amazing as well as the body washes, dry oil mists and the lotions. Smooth and moisturized skin for days! :drunk:

Aggie

For sheamoisture lovers available only on their site until the 27th. I didn't see a code and it's 25% off their entire site. Enjoy!

knt1229

I have tried the curl enhancing smoothie and I got good definition with it, but, a friend told me she thought it looked dry. It left my hair soft and there was not a product build up feel to my hair. I also tried the curling jelly and I didn't like that at all. My hair felt sticky and the product slid down my neck. Yuck! Hated it. I have an almost full jar of that mess and I will most likely never use it again.

ETA...I also tried the styling milk. It was ok. It worked well enough under the curl enhancing smoothie. I was not impressed with it though.

greenandchic

I have tried the curl enhancing smoothie and I got good definition with it, but, a friend told me she thought it looked dry. It left my hair soft and there was not a product build up feel to my hair. I also tried the curling jelly and I didn't like that at all. My hair felt sticky and the product slid down my neck. Yuck! Hated it. I have an almost full jar of that mess and I will most likely never use it again.

ETA...I also tried the styling milk. It was ok. It worked well enough under the curl enhancing smoothie. I was not impressed with it though.

Come to think of it, I had the same issue with the Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Edge Treatment. My hair was sticky and looked super greasy. I took it back to Ulta.

IMFOCSD

How is the shampoo? ACV tends to make my hair dry when I use it straight out of the bottle so Im wondering if pairing it with shea butter will soften the blow.

It smells really nice but I can't really tell if it does anything for my hair..like it doesn't feel moisturized or soft...it does feel clean Lol idk how to feel about these products yet.

KinkyRN

I found that their masques and rinse outs work best for me. My hair doesn't play well with stylers that have shea butter in the top 3 ingredients. Plus I found they have too much protein for me to use consistently or an entire line at once.

LexiDior

It smells really nice but I can't really tell if it does anything for my hair..like it doesn't feel moisturized or soft...it does feel clean Lol idk how to feel about these products yet.

Saw it in Walgreens, I may give it a try. Thanks for the info.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Some work better than others for me. The body care lines are Holy Grails for me. I use the soaps as shampoos and lotions as hair moisturizers.

Love: Entire Baby line, entire Manuka Honey line, entire Raw SheaButter Moisture Retention line, entire Men's line, Coconut Hibiscus conditioner, Curl Enhancing Smoothie & mist, entire Kid's line, Original African Black Soap line, Original Yucca & Baobab line.

Hate: Superfruit 10-n-1 line, Yucca & Plantain, reformulated African Black Soap line, Coconut Hibiscus gel & shampoo

Works but not my 1st choice: JBCO line, Zanzibar Marine Complex

The sister brand Nubian Heritage has better hair product formulations.

alex114

I LOVE the Shea Moisture DCs. All of them besides the baobab and yucca line's and the purification mask, which did nothing for my hair are basically HG status. The only thing is that I always use them with heat for at least 30 min, which I think changes my results, because I have a lot of natural friends who do not DC with heat who say that Shea Moisture seems to just sit on top of their hair.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Jamaican Black Castor Oil shampoo- diluted as my clarifying poo

Jamaican Black Castor Oil leave in (tub) - I use this every other day on my cornrows before bed

African Black Soap Purification mask (original formula)- staple once a month.

These are my only SM items I like. I've tried (and still have) others that I will not repurchase. *in fact I need to list them in the sales/exchange forum.

cutiepiebabygirl

Their products aren't usually a hit for me. The original line made my hair dry and the subsequent lines were okay.

The only one I like is the one for fine hair that is only available at ULTA. I do not use any of their stylers or cowash. Just this one DC.
Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Hair Masque

I am interested in trying to high porosity line, but I will keep my receipt, because they are more miss than hit.

Last edited:

prettyinpurple

I generally stay away from their products because the fragrances are too strong for me.

I did use the Superfruit Shampoo. I liked it, not a rave or anything. Scent didn't bother me.

I never buy any products during the sales on multiples bc I rarely want more than one thing.

That coconut butter in the tub looks good. I'd look at it on sale or if the price was comparable to typical coconut oil in the cooking aisle (I use that on my body). I have plenty to use up at the moment tho.

I might look at these new products and see what the scents are like. That ginger mint lime one sounds intriguing.

Their products aren't usually a hit for me. The original line made my hair and the subsequent lines were okay.

The only one I like is the one for fine hair that is only available at ULTA. I do not use any of their stylers or cowash. Just this one DC.
Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Hair Masque

I am interested in trying to high porosity line, but I will keep my receipt, because they are more miss than hit.

That masque looks intriguing. I'll look for it the next time I'm in Ulta. The Superfruit line was an Ulta exclusive too iirc. At least Ulta always has the 3.50 off coupon for the drugstore side, so the price is always right.

EthansMama

I voted some work betting than others.

I've used a few products for me and DS:

• Kids detangling spray- I loved as a moisturizer. Major shrinkage when it's humid though...
  • Super fruit 10-1 shampoo and conditioner- great for DS together, results in soft fluffy hair after washing. I liked the shampoo better than CON Argan oil shampoo. I haven't tried the conditioner.
  • Super fruit mask- I really like. I struggle to find good DC and this one I think is a keeper.
  • Purification mask- I love after removing crotchet braids. It gets rid of dirt and build up at the base of my braids and masks for easy combing/detangling pre-wash. It's also great for DS as a scalp treatment prewash- it got rid of dandruff and itchy/tender scalp.
  • Restorative conditioner- only used as a leave in for me and DS. It's ok but I'll keep looking for something better.
I tried two styles years ago when they first came out. They were horrible for my hair so I gave them away. I'm not planning on trying the stylers again anytime soon.

prettyinpurple

I do like the body products. I have a shave cream (men's line) and I like the body soaps. The body line is harder to fine at Target and kinda spread across multiple aisles.