New Shea Moisture Lines: Lowpo And Hipo

I can't seem to find the high porosity one. I think they must have had a limited release of that particular line.

I am seeing this thread for the first time and it came right on time. I am looking for something to help with my low porosity hair. I will see if I can find the low porosity line to try. :yep:

I saw the hipo and lopo SM products at a local target. Because of some recent online hair purchases, I passed on the hipo products. But this thread is making me weak...

I haven't seen a lot of reviews but this vlogger is low po and reviewed both the high and low po products. This is the high po review. The wording on the labels made me confused but based on the comments I may just go ahead and get the deep conditioner from the high po line.

I haven't seen a lot of reviews but this vlogger is low po and reviewed both the high and low po products. This is the high po review. The wording on the labels made me confused but based on the comments I may just go ahead and get the deep conditioner from the high po line.

Thanks for this.

I watched the review below and pretty much concur with it.

I like vinegar. So nope, that didn't make me strong. Lol.

Awww, man! :laugh:

And the smell doesn't even linger, so that argument doesn't work anyway.

I say just take the dive, girl. :look: You can always donate it to someone you love if it isn't a good fit for you.

Here's my rundown, if it'll help:

1. Shampoo: Nothing special.
2. Co-wash: Almost zero suds for me. May be doing something special, but I can't tell. I can skip it. For those really into co-washing, you may want to explore it further.
3. Masque: Worth every penny for me. Actually makes detangling much better for me. Not many products do this. Hair feels strong and soft afterwards.
4. Gel: I'm liking it more and more . . . however, I have not used it unless Giovanni Direct Leave-in is underneath it. I don't know how it fares without a leave-in below it.
5. Elixir: Didn't buy it. Heard it's pretty good. I was trying to be good and leave SOMETHING in the store. :smile:

I have the hi porosity masque and love it. Goes on so much easier compared to their other hair masques. The 10 in 1 is the only one so far that tops it for me . I got the detox line shampoo but haven't tried it yet but I keep hearing that it's a prettu good clarifying shampoo. I've looked high and low for the frizz free line at walgreens but no luck. I really want to try out their masque. I'm afraid I'm slowly becoming a PJ. Lol

I have the hi porosity masque and love it. Goes on so much easier compared to their other hair masques. The 10 in 1 is the only one so far that tops it for me . I got the detox line shampoo but haven't tried it yet but I keep hearing that it's a prettu good clarifying shampoo. I've looked high and low for the frizz free line at walgreens but no luck. I really want to try out their masque. I'm afraid I'm slowly becoming a PJ. Lol

The ladies of the LHCF are a wealth of knowledge, so I can relate about PJism!!!! LOL!

Pretty soon, we may have to have a topic/program on PJ addiction! I'll be the first to sign up!! LOL!

My Lawd, Shea moisture has yet another new line, the sacha inchi line. Looks like it will be sold exclusively at Ulta. They have a shampoo, cowash, DC, and smoothie in the line. Waiting to see the ingredients on that DC.

I also hear that they have several more new body products. While I love that they are expanding and giving us more selection, I feel that companies can sometimes spread themselves too thin and start sacrificing quality for quantity.

My Lawd, Shea moisture has yet another new line, the sacha inchi line. Looks like it will be sold exclusively at Ulta. They have a shampoo, cowash, DC, and smoothie in the line. Waiting to see the ingredients on that DC.

I also hear that they have several more new body products. While I love that they are expanding and giving us more selection, I feel that companies can sometimes spread themselves too thin and start sacrificing quality for quantity.

No! My head is spinning.

See, you just saved me some money. Lol. I think I'll pick up the cowash and masque. I want to do a midweek cowash but my hair never properly gets rehydrated like it does when I do a full wash day routine.

Thanks for your breakdown!

Awww, man! :laugh:

And the smell doesn't even linger, so that argument doesn't work anyway.

I say just take the dive, girl. :look: You can always donate it to someone you love if it isn't a good fit for you.

Here's my rundown, if it'll help:

1. Shampoo: Nothing special.
2. Co-wash: Almost zero suds for me. May be doing something special, but I can't tell. I can skip it. For those really into co-washing, you may want to explore it further.
3. Masque: Worth every penny for me. Actually makes detangling much better for me. Not many products do this. Hair feels strong and soft afterwards.
4. Gel: I'm liking it more and more . . . however, I have not used it unless Giovanni Direct Leave-in is underneath it. I don't know how it fares without a leave-in below it.
5. Elixir: Didn't buy it. Heard it's pretty good. I was trying to be good and leave SOMETHING in the store. :smile:

I didn't like the smell of this line so I didn't get it. I like the smell of the Hi Po line better. I don't smell vinegar at all. I actually like the smell, smells florally and candy like.

I didn't like the smell of this line so I didn't get it. I like the smell of the Hi Po line better. I don't smell vinegar at all. I actually like the smell, smells florally and candy like.
Okay lemme take that back. I smelled it again and there is a vinegar trace but overall the smell is pleasant.

Yay! I'm so curious about your assessment of these products.

here's what I've used so far:
HiPo Shampoo - Was easy to use, felt good in lathering up, not too sudsy, and rinsed out without leaving a residue or drying out my hair. I'd liken it to the Sheamoisture Manuka Honey Shampoo. Both are lovely, but if you have one it's probably not necessary to own both.

HiPo CoWash - Now I'm a WEN girl (doesn't make my hair fall out and if it did, I'd probably take a hint and stop using it) but WEN is pricey so was open to new options. Tried the cowash and wasn't wowed. My hair felt soft and clean while using it but I think my grudge against it is WEN is nice and thick so a 32oz bottle lasts me forever (washing once a week). I went through about a fourth of this in one use because it's more fluid than the WEN. Gets the job done, just not sure it's more cost effective than WEN.
Salon Professional CoWash - Completely different line but since we're talking about cowashes -- I bought the salon professional items at Ulta and tried this line's CoWash. It's good, I liked it more than the HiPo CoWash but pretty sure WEN remains my ride or die. At least the amount I get in this size is larger so I can get more uses out of it. Worked well on my hair but since don't have curls, can't speak to that aspect.

HiPo Deep Conditioner - Bomb.com point blank period. I applied the DC to my hair and sat under my hairfinity steamer for 15-18 minutes. After rinsing my hair felt soft and moisturized, including the 10 weeks of new growth that's notoriously hard to moisturize.

LoPo Shampoo - I'm relaxed so I'm 90% sure I have regular to high porosity hair but I bought the LoPo Shampoo just to try it, mainly because it touts itself as balancing. NOPE. Did not moisturize, hair right a little stripped after using. Lost the receipt for it so I can't return. Will pass along to a friend to see if it works better for her.

The HiPo Shampoo and DC will remain in my rotation (which do to PJ-holism is quite a large one). Will probably incorporate heavily into rotation when my new growth is growing out and my hair textures are competing against each other.

Wow. I wonder if I have a weird batch or something. A video review said the hi-po line smelled sweet. Not mine at all. So vinegary. Hmm.

What is this actually doing to people's porosity? I feel like all the reviews I read are just talking about how it made the hair feel...But is the product actually fixing the porosity. Especially hi po ladies. Cuz if it's not I'm just gonna continue using my regular porosity products

Ok ladies please help me, I'm color-treated so what should I do? I still fall under low porosity or should I go with high porosity by the way I am natural and I also Henna.

What is this actually doing to people's porosity? I feel like all the reviews I read are just talking about how it made the hair feel...But is the product actually fixing the porosity. Especially hi po ladies. Cuz if it's not I'm just gonna continue using my regular porosity products

I don't know anything about the fixing of porosity. Sorry I can't help. Maybe others will chime in!

Back