• products are just ok

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • some work better than others

Votes: 24 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IMFOCSD

*Excuse the title lol..tried to edit but there is no option for that*

I recently gave in and tried the shea moisture line because of all the great reviews and in my opinion it doesn't live up to the hype. I tried the Jamaican black castor oil leav in and strengthen grow and restore shampoo (with shea and apple cider vinegar), I also tried the newer shea moisture line "Community Commerce Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration" Collection. I used the Intensive hydration hair mask which is soooo thick I loved it! but the smell is waaayyy too strong and did nothing for my curls smh. My curls were kinda dry slightly rough and frizzy after rinsing tht product out.. I am thinking maybe I need to try a different line from this brand but for now i am kinda disappointed but idk of which product. The shampoo smelled lovely as did the leave in and its very light..creamy but runny (if that makes sense).

Anyone else love or dislike this line or certain products from this line?
What products did you use?
why did you like or dislike (what did it do or not do)?
what products would you like to try?

LexiDior

I voted YES

I use the African Black Soap and so far so good. I really like it.

I havent used anything hair wise but I was wondering if I could use the soap on my hair. I heard that it could be done but I dont want to dry my hair out. Their hair items are a little pricey so I want to wait for a sale.

IMFOCSD

I voted YES

I use the African Black Soap and so far so good. I really like it.

I havent used anything hair wise but I was wondering if I could use the soap on my hair. I heard that it could be done but I dont want to dry my hair out. Their hair items are a little pricey so I want to wait for a sale.

They had a sale at sally's buy two get one free which is why i tried it lol...im disappointed in the hair products i chose but I still have lots of product that i have to use. I may look into their soaps.

LexiDior

They had a sale at sally's buy two get one free which is why i tried it lol...im disappointed in the hair products i chose but I still have lots of product that i have to use. I may look into their soaps.

What did you choose? I big chopped this month so I have a TWA and im looking around for products. Im trying to keep it simple but im always looking for a good moisturizer and leave in.

FollicleFanatic

I voted yes

I haven't tried all of the products, most have been good or mediocre. The ones that were horrible worked a lot better once I'd clarified.

Tried:
  • coconut and hibiscus shampoo
  • Curl smoothie
  • JBCO shampoo
  • JBCO leave in
  • Superfruit and raw shea rinse out conditioners
  • Most of the DCs
They're products I can find almost anywhere and not to pricey. That being said I only buy them when they're BOGO

SmilingElephant

I. LOVE. Shea Moisture.

That's all I've been using for the past 2 months. I mainly use their Curl and Shine (peach labeled) line.

I used the Manuka Honey masque the other day and my hair felt like butter! :lick:

I find with their products, the longer I let it sit in my hair, the better it works. So I let the conditioners sit while I'm completing my shower routine. :)

FollicleFanatic

Good point. For me they work way better when i apply them to my wet hair and also with heat.

I. LOVE. Shea Moisture.

That's all I've been using for the past 2 months. I mainly use their Curl and Shine (peach labeled) line.

I used the Manuka Honey masque the other day and my hair felt like butter! :lick:

I find with their products, the longer I let it sit in my hair, the better it works. So I let the conditioners sit while I'm completing my shower routine. :)

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
The original Shea Butter Moisture Retention line is a staple. Especially the shampoo and rinse out conditioner. I measure other new products I'm trying against these.

The Tahitian Monoi and Noni oil was a major miss. The rinse out conditioner was good to cowash with though.

I have the JBCO and 10-N-1 Fruit complex masques in my back up stash. Will use them in 2016 and report back.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I've tried three of their shampoos. I liked the Coconut and Hibiscus and the Raw Shea Butter. I will repurchase the Raw Shea Butter when it's time. I am trying to get through the African Black Soap Deep Cleansing shampoo by letting DH and DS use it and cleaning combs and brushes. It is too stripping for my and DD's hair and makes it tangly.

I used the Purification Mask. It was nice, but not a repurchase for me.

I HATED the popular Curl Enhancing Smoothie. Hated it.

I recently bought the Honey and Manuka mask based on some glowing reviews, but have yet to use it.

Miss617

Always left of center
The Raw Shea Butter Restorative conditioner is probably the only product I have that does anything for my hair. I've only used the deep treatment mask of that same line with heat once and it was OK. Everything else has been meh. The curl enhancing smoothie does absolutely nothing for my hair.

Neomorph

I voted yes only because I LOVE the Manuka honey masque. It's the only masque I use now.

I actually do my best to avoid products with shea butter in it because it had a tendency to build up on my eczema-prone scalp and make it itch. The masque doesn't irritate my scalp which is why I can use it. The rest of their products either irritated my scalp or made my hair dry.

IMFOCSD

IMG_20151223_1054_07.jpeg
Sorry for the late response! But these are the items I chose, the hair masque has such a strong smell! It made me nauseous throughout the day smh...but it was pretty much gone the next day, also I really did nothing for my hair.

What did you choose? I big chopped this month so I have a TWA and im looking around for products. Im trying to keep it simple but im always looking for a good moisturizer and leave in.

IMFOCSD

So I guess I won't give up on them completely Lol... I just have to find what product works for my hair..they have so many!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I Voted: "Products are just okay"

I Love the Bath & Shower Gels out of everything/anything they sell.:love:

I do use the Purification Hair Mask.

I recently tried the JBCO Treatment (and surprisingly like it). Would repurchase it during a good sale.

I have the Superfruit 10n1 Mask and the Manuka Mask which I have not tried.

I also have the Coconut & Hibiscus Mist/Spritz which I have not tried.

Nothing in this Line is something I "just have to have".

Last edited:

Rozlewis

The Raw Shea Restorative line is a staple rinse out conditioner. I also use the moisture retention shampoo on my daughters hair. This line is really nice and has a power punch of moisture.

YesToHair!

4C/hi-po/Fine strands/med-low density.
Voted some work better than others :
The Manuka &Mafura line was an epic fail for me...mask still lying around full

However the JBCO grow,strengthen et.c leave-in is thee best, very moisturing. Better than Oyin hair dew and Giovanni direct leave-in IMO

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
*gasp* is this one of the new ones? Never seen it before

AgeinATL

Never really been a fan of Shea Moisture until the Superfruit line. Amazingly moisturizing. I always have it on hand. I also LOVE the JBCO shampoo. It is my staple cleanser. I used to love the Purification Mask, but it is getting too hard to find and since I am phasing cowashing out of my regimen, I no longer have a use for it.

gorgeoushair

What are the 3 new lines?

My bad...it's 4. I swear they are doing the most. I wish I knew how to post pics but they have a high porosity line which is the Mongongo & Hemp Seed Oil line; the low porosity line which is the Baobab & Tea Tree Oil and then the Raw Shea & Cupuacu Frizz Defense line. The last one is the African Water Mint & Ginger Detox & Refresh line.

I know some have spotted these already. Also some have spotted some SM on clearance.