2014 Deep Condition Challenge

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Doing a DC overnight with Silk Dreams Razzberry Coconut Affair. I don't have high hopes because it is really thick and my hair doesn't do well with the thick ones usually.

ETA: It turned out surprisingly ok. I left it in for almost 24 hours because I couldn't wash it out earlier. It melted into my hair eventually and my hair felt ok and somewhat moisturized. I still like vanilla silk better, but I want to try this under a heat cap at least once.

Last edited:

Rozlewis

Dc'ing with Clauidies Moisturizing DC, Porosity Control, Olive Oil, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Eucalyptus.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Dcing with Darcy's Deep Conditioning Mask and JessiCurl DT on either side of my head under Hair Therapy Wrap for 45 minutes.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Prepoo overnight with Njoy and SSI Coconut Sorbet
Shampoo with Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat
Deep Condition with Giovanni Smooth as Silk

kupenda

DCing with SM Manuka Honey on dry hair under a plastic cap overnight...unless I get a sudden burst of energy to do my hair tonight (highly unlikely)

IronButterfly

Dusted of my Camille Rose Algae Renew condish. This stuff is wonderful! I don't know why I keep pushing it aside. It smells nice, too.

Lilmama1011

Sorry I Don't Be Checking In At all. But I have been dc every week like clockwork for a couple of years. I'm dc with tresseme naturals old formula conditioner mixed with honey and grapeseed oil . I'm currently under the dryer for 20 minutes

Babygrowth

I did a mid step protein treatment with Redken ESB plus (I will NEVER be without this stuff) then DC'd with SD Vanilla silk. I wanted to mix it with RCA but I can't find it :(

faithVA

Did a side by side DC with Curl Junkie Curl Rehab and Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends. The NG is the winner. They both soften and moisturize my hair well but the NG has much more slip. It also has a nicer consistency. And I am able to use half as much of the NG versus the Curl Junkie. Think I will try some other NG products when they have a sale.

Rozlewis

Dc'd today with Marie Dean’s Coffee and Kokum DC, Porosity Control, Olive Oil, Peppermint Oil, Rosemary Oil, and Eucalyptus Oil.

I was prepared to do a protein treatment but my hair did not need it.

CodeRed

That Eva NYC Hair Mask that I've been using is considered a deep conditioner but you only leave it on for a few minutes... It's like a cowash but gives deep conditioning results... Saves a lot of time and in/out of the shower.

kupenda

Dcing with Silk Elements MegaSilk. Havent used this in forever. On sale for $7 at Sallys for the 16 ounce. If my hair likes it, im getting 2 more

spacetygrss

Did a protein treatment with JOICO kpak, followed by a moisturizing DC with JOICO MRB + Kinky Curly Stellar Strands yesterday. Hair feels fabulous!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Finished APB Blueberry Cheesecake last night. Didn't have enough to DC my entire head so I mixed it with Nexxus Humectress.