2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
KiWiStyle said:
I have this book as well and I don't remember reading it either. I have the kindle version and I couldn't find it...then again, I didn't look that well, way too time consuming. You're talking about Audrey's book, right?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

The book I have is by Audrey Davis-Sivasothy. It's entitled "Hair Care Rehab". She also authored a book entitled "The Science of Black Hair Care" which drove me to the LHCF. These are both excellent books. The recipe I'm talking about is in a section called Other Treatments and the treatment is named Ocean Spray.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
divachyk said:
Thank you, I have that book Cattypus1. I either skipped that section or haven't gotten to it yet. You are talking Sista Slick's rehab book, right?

Not unless Sista Slick has an alter-ego of Audrey Davis-Sivasothy. The section is Other Treatments and the recipe is Ocean Spray.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Cattypus1 said:
The book I have is by Audrey Davis-Sivasothy. It's entitled "Hair Care Rehab". She also authored a book entitled "The Science of Black Hair Care" which drove me to the LHCF. These are both excellent books. The recipe I'm talking about is in a section called Other Treatments and the treatment is named Ocean Spray.

Found it, thanks!! I forgot all about that section...favor returned, lol! BTW, I have both her books and love them both. I love that I have an e-copy of hair care rehab on my iPhone.

I'm going to do the Avocado Hair Mask tomorrow, naturally I already have those ingredients! Thanks again for the reminder.

Last edited:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
KiWiStyle said:
Found it, thanks!! I forgot all about that section...favor returned, lol! BTW, I have both her books and love them both. I love that I have an e-copy of hair care rehab on my iPhone.

Yep yep! Those books are the truth! Love 'em.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
KiWiStyle, I have the kindle version and hard copy version. I'll search for it later. I have a bad habit of skimming and going to sections that apply to me for that moment in time.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Cattypus1 said:
KiWiStyle...let m know how at avocado mask turns out...I'd love to try it but I'm gonna have to shop :)

I will. I was going to do a different avocado pre-poo tomorrow but I'd rather try a tried and true recipe...oops, I mean mix, lol

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
divachyk said:
KiWiStyle, I have the kindle version and hard copy version. I'll search for it later. I have a bad habit of skimming and going to sections that apply to me for that moment in time.

divachyk,

I read both books from cover to cover non-stop as soon as I got them. I didn't want to miss a dang gone thang.

Lilmama1011

divachyk said:

I skim too, if I know it why read it again. I have noticed I know a lot because when I read hair magazines, blogs or whatever it sounds repetitive because I know literally 90 something percent of it.

Raspberry

@Cattypus1 I haven't actually read Hair Care Rehab though I have the book (Kindle version). Audrey inspires me so I got excited about buying her books but haven't studied them thoroughly. I like the idea of recipes so I gotta read HCR.

@baddison @xu93texas, @KiWiStyle

I'm really enjoying the thickness of my underprocessed hair right now, lol. I'm only two weeks post but my roots are thick like I'm 5+ weeks post, but they're still processed to be wavy instead of coily at this point.

Adding Roux Porosity control shampoo and condish to my wash day always makes my hair feel awesome (is Roux really only for sometime use?). I used both this morning followed by Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream and my hair was sooo moisturized :lick:.

I wanted to try Qhemet products to nourish my hair/new growth during a stretch but decided to try Shea Moisture instead since it's a little cheaper and more accessible. I'm going to buy Qhemet for my cousin and her children who are really struggling with their 4b/c hair. I bought Kinky Curly KT and Shea Moisture Shea Butter Restorative Condish to use as leave-ins. Deeper into my stretch I plan to layer the KCKT under the Shea Moisture condish. I rubbed some of the SM condish today through my hair and scalp and was pleased with the results. It's heavier and greasier than my usual leave-ins so a little goes a long way, I'm assuming I have to be sparing with this or it will build up quick, shea butter isnt' a game. I still love my Claudie's Isha cream as a great moisturizer that takes a while to build-up.

Last edited:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Raspberry,
Two weeks post already? I'm happy you're pleased with your hair and thickness...I felt the same exact way with my last relaxer.

I have both the roux porosity control shampoo and conditioner though I have never used the shampoo. I want to but I could never find room for it in my regimen.

Shea Moisture products are the truth!

Raspberry

@Raspberry,
Two weeks post already? I'm happy you're pleased with your hair and thickness...I felt the same exact way with my last relaxer.

I have both the roux porosity control shampoo and conditioner though I have never used the shampoo. I want to but I could never find room for it in my regimen.
KiWiStyle The directions for Roux Porosity state it should be used after a "chemical service" to restore proper porosity. A lot of LHCF ladies use it before and after a relaxer but some natural ladies use it too to bring the hair back into balance. So I don't know if it's bad to use it regularly or why that may be. I just use it once in a while, usually in the weeks right after a relaxer, the results are always great and the shampoo is gentle. If I can find an excuse justify using it more I will :lol:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Raspberry said:
KiWiStyle The directions for Roux Porosity state it should be used after a "chemical service" to restore proper porosity. A lot of LHCF ladies use it before and after a relaxer but some natural ladies use it too to bring the hair back into balance. So I don't know if it's bad to use it regularly or why that may be. I just use it once in a while, usually in the weeks right after a relaxer, the results are always great and the shampoo is gentle. If I can find an excuse justify using it more I will :lol:

Thanks! I will definitely use it my first wash post relaxer.

Ms. Tiki

divachyk and shortdub78 I don't have a date in mind. I was winging it. I just looked at my countdown app and realized if I wait 4 more weeks I will be 19 weeks. WOW! The longest I've stretched is 16. I'll be 15 weeks post tomorrow.

baddison

natural for good
@Cattypus1 I haven't actually read Hair Care Rehab though I have the book (Kindle version). Audrey inspires me so I got excited about buying her books but haven't studied them thoroughly. I like the idea of recipes so I gotta read HCR.

@baddison @xu93texas, @KiWiStyle

I'm really enjoying the thickness of my underprocessed hair right now, lol. I'm only two weeks post but my roots are thick like I'm 5+ weeks post, but they're still processed to be wavy instead of coily at this point.

Adding Roux Porosity control shampoo and condish to my wash day always makes my hair feel awesome (is Roux really only for sometime use?). I used both this morning followed by Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream and my hair was sooo moisturized :lick:.

I wanted to try Qhemet products to nourish my hair/new growth during a stretch but decided to try Shea Moisture instead since it's a little cheaper and more accessible. I'm going to buy Qhemet for my cousin and her children who are really struggling with their 4b/c hair. I bought Kinky Curly KT and Shea Moisture Shea Butter Restorative Condish to use as leave-ins. Deeper into my stretch I plan to layer the KCKT under the Shea Moisture condish. I rubbed some of the SM condish today through my hair and scalp and was pleased with the results. It's heavier and greasier than my usual leave-ins so a little goes a long way, I'm assuming I have to be sparing with this or it will build up quick, shea butter isnt' a game. I still love my Claudie's Isha cream as a great moisturizer that takes a while to build-up.

Two weeks already?!?! My how time flies fast!! (....just not for me...*sigh*).

Can't wait 'til August 18th. THis ng is driving me nuts. :perplexed Some days I dont even bother to comb. I just spritz, scrape the outer hair into a nice looking bun. But if you try to dig into the center of that bun, your fingers will find a nice beehive in there...LOL! :blush:Doing wihatever works 'til relaxer day. Not experiencing any excessive shedding or breaking, so leaving it alone is working out.

mschristine

Well, I flat ironed and this was the result..if the pics are massive, I'm sorry. I'm posting from my phone

image-208615398.jpg

image-3771522687.jpg

image-2357579520.jpg

ETA: The first pic was my hair wet after i deep conditioned

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
baddison xu93texas Raspberry Cattypus1

So last night I decided to m&s in sections and plat it up and wear a cap until I wash on Saturday or Sunday. Well this morning I had a last minute showing and decided to remove the plats and put in a bun and cover my NG with a headband. My hair looked nice so I decided to do a braidout but because I don't like to wear my hair down, I did a faux bob instead!

image-2805653244.jpg

image-2740349649.jpg

image-2166309685.jpg

Now if I was really going out and wanted to be cute, it would have never came out like this. This is one week old dirty hair.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
KiWiStyle said:
baddison xu93texas Raspberry Cattypus1

So last night I decided to m&s in sections and plat it up and wear a cap until I wash on Saturday or Sunday. Well this morning I had a last minute showing and decided to remove the plats and put in a bun and cover my NG with a headband. My hair looked nice so I decided to do a braidout but because I don't like to wear my hair down, I did a faux bob instead!

Now if I was really going out and wanted to be cute, it would have never came out like this. This is one week old dirty hair.

You know that's always the way. Very cute.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
i have 4 more weeks to go too! i'm not doing a long stretch. 8 weeks is enough time for me. stretching longer doesn't prove anything for me.

@divachyk and @shortdub78 I don't have a date in mind. I was winging it. I just looked at my countdown app and realized if I wait 4 more weeks I will be 19 weeks. WOW! The longest I've stretched is 16. I'll be 15 weeks post tomorrow.

shortdub78, my hair's health declined with attempting long stretches so I will keep it around 8 weeks.

Ms. Tiki, that's excellent. What are you doing differently this time around?

xu93texas

KiWiStyle,

Very cute! looking good at 14 weeks post!:grin:

Raspberry, baddison

I'm trying out a new liquid moisturizer-DevaCurl Set it Free Moisture Lock. I purchased a trial size bottle from Ulta today. It really made my ng very soft. I parted my hair in 4 sections and sprayed the ng only and massaged it in. I followed up with DB Transitioning Creme and sealed with grapeseed oil/ayurvedic oils. I put my hair in 4 plaits, put on a plastic bag, my silk scarf and satin bonnet. I'll be doing my wash/DC tomorrow.

I haven't scheduled my appointment, yet. I hope I can get through the next 2 weeks. I'm trying to hold out.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
xu93texas said:
KiWiStyle,

Very cute! looking good at 14 weeks post!:grin:

Raspberry, baddison

I'm trying out a new liquid moisturizer-DevaCurl Set it Free Moisture Lock. I purchased a trial size bottle from Ulta today. It really made my ng very soft. I parted my hair in 4 sections and sprayed the ng only and massaged it in. I followed up with DB Transitioning Creme and sealed with grapeseed oil/ayurvedic oils. I put my hair in 4 plaits, put on a plastic bag, my silk scarf and satin bonnet. I'll be doing my wash/DC tomorrow.

I haven't scheduled my appointment, yet. I hope I can get through the next 2 weeks. I'm trying to hold out.

You can do it xu93texas!! Two weeks will be over before you know it.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Allright ladies...I'm touching up today officially ending my 16-week stretch at 15 & 1/2 weeks. I'm also switching from he Mizani BB sensitive scalp (no lye) to Mizani BB fine/color treated hair (lye). I need to run out and get some tea (to drink) and then it's on in my beauty shop aka my bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.