2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeeSGee

Heyyy, I had my eye on your post lol. looks like my buddy position is filled my dear!!!

nazjha Yeah!! i have a hair buddy, now how does this work? :look: do we pm each other on what we'll be doing or do we just post in this thread everything we're doing to our hair.

sunnieb

Lissa0821 - thanks for the info on Elasta QP. I'll leave it on my list of things to try.

Nix08 - You know your pin curl sets always turn out fab! Don't make me bust out those pics of my failed pin curl attempts! :)

My hair is holding on. It's been humid here, so my previously relaxed ends are poofing. That actually works to blend in better with my newgrowth.

I'm going to cowash tonight to get another moisture boost.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Hey guys:wave: I'm steaming tonight with some Millcreek keratin conditioner and a heavy dose of oil:yep:

niqu92

i wanna buddy!lol

How many weeks post are you right now?
im 13 weeks post, im relaxing tommorow morning

How long are you stretching?
after i get my relaxer tommorow im going to stretch for 10-12 weeks

Any other info?
i live in Ga and the weather is oh so lovely now 70+ degrees all week:grin: so since its getting hot&humid im going to stop rollersetting once a week and im going to do braidouts most of the time.
my longest layer is at bsl so by august i want to be either full bsl or past bsl

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am thinking about going strait instead of being texlaxed. Stretching will be a lot easier and my NG will be easily seen. I'm still unsure what to do. Has anyone gone from texlaxed to relaxed safely?:ohwell:

newnyer

Hey ladies!
How many weeks post are you right now?
8 weeks post... I think my siggy is off by a couple of days.

How long are you stretching?
Was originally going to wait 12 weeks but due to some traveling I may relax at 10. Depends on how much ng I have and how it will behave.

Any other info?
After this relaxer I'm planning to bun/wear own hair for a couple of weeks and getting a sew in for a little while to hide my hair. Think I'm going to reach for a 14 week stretch next time...putting me at a relaxer in mid-July.

sunnieb

Counting down to being 9 weeks post tomorrow!

Doing the cowash last night really gave my hair a positive boost. I used HE LTR. I'm attaching pics of how I will wear my hair most days. This style lets me show off my hard earned length, and keeps my ever-thickening newgrowth happy because I don't comb it.

Here's how I looked today:

Attachments

• IMG02001.jpg
    IMG02001.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 28
  • March 17 2012a.jpg
    March 17 2012a.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG01996.jpg
    IMG01996.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 25

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Looking good @sunnieb I dc'ed all day (after I was done from my errands) and just finished co washing...with the right moisture levels stretching really is not as difficult (I find that my new growth coils less tightly) ...I'm enjoying this:grin: :yep:

Last edited:

sunnieb

Looking good @sunnieb I dc'ed all day (after I was done from my errands) and just finished co washing...with the right moisture levels stretching really is not as difficult (I find that my new growth coils less tightly) ...I'm enjoying this:grin: :yep:

The bolded is the truth! :yep:

I tried the "don't touch your hair for 2 weeks" thing and my hair was like :hair:. Not good. I know cowashing every other day is high manipulation, but my hair loves it!

Evolving78

Loving

i want to wash/dc/air dry and bun my hair, but it starts to get rough after week 4-5. if i can to this, i will be able to protective style with minimum effort. i was able to air dry with no roughness and frizz using Argan Oil on damp hair. i am also going to try to detangle my hair before i wash. i am going to use an applicator bottle to shampoo with, just to i can focus on my scalp. i am going to dilute my shampoo with distilled water. i am going to try to hold out until friday to wash my hair. i am going to purchase a shower filter. the water here is wrecking havoc on my hair.

I'll be doing a protein DC tomorrow with ORS Hair Mayo followed by Mizani Moisturfuse.

Queenmickie

Always thinking about my next hairstyle.
My under processed self relaxed hair from three weeks ago feels like six weeks post. Maybe my hair is growing faster... IDK
Friday I pre-pooed with Red Pimento oil. Saturday morning I applied an amla/brahmi/coconut milk paste. I left it on for three hours. Rinsed with Wen Cucumber Aloe. Had some shedding this week due to the strees of contractual negotiations at the office so applied Alter Ego to my scalp for 15 mins without heat. Rinsed, added my just arrived Halka de Caracol condish. This stuff melted into my hair on contact! Last thing to touch my hair before leave-ins was ACV+distilled water. Rollerset and 40 mins under my Pibbs. Hair was soft, strong and shinny. It's a little stiff, but I will do a deep moisture condish this week to take care of that.
I tried to add pix but they were HUGE. I'll try again later.

Fyne

How many weeks post are you: Im 2 weeks post

How long are you stretching: Until September about 26 weeks post

Any other info:I co-wash, dc alot and exercise 4-5 times weekly. I use moisture based products all the time and use mild amounts of protein i.e chi keratin mist or aphogee green tea keratin mist after co-washing. Heavy protein every 8 weeks or so if needed and clarify poo 1x month (hard water area otherwise would be shampoo free)

Need a buddy :D

Monaleezza

I'm 18 months post relaxer, but I've been hiding my hair with no plans to BC and I'm not transitioning!
I have been hiding my hair in weaves for about 18 months and the growth is so amazing I'm keeping it up until I reach my next target. MBL Then I'll relax it, probably tex-lax it, and hopefully just wear it! Which would be a dream!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
The bolded is the truth! :yep:

I tried the "don't touch your hair for 2 weeks" thing and my hair was like :hair:. Not good. I know cowashing every other day is high manipulation, but my hair loves it!
I know what you mean sunnieb...I too cowash almost daily and it just feel good for mind, body, soul and hair:yep: So much so, it never occurred to me to consider it high manipulation, but ya, I guess it is...

mamaore

How many weeks post are you: I'm 7 weeks and 5 days post today

How long are you stretching: I have only about 0.5 inch of new growth, but my hair is already acting up. Shedding is already getting excessive even with Black tea rinse. I ordered Alter ego garlic treatment, I hope it works to curb the shedding.

My goal is to stretch to 12 weeks...if all goes well.

Any other info:I guess I need a buddy!

mamaore

Nix08,sunnieb do you cowash in the mornings or evenings? If in the mornings, how do you dry your hair before you head out. My hair takes forever to dry because I use my leave-ins on wet hair. I don't want folks to look at me funny on the train with drippy hair. YKWIM

TheNDofUO

I still need a buddy, guys! 3 weeks post, relaxing at 16weeks. Recovering from damage. Gonna go snip snip snip to those ends.

niqu92

still want a buddy im 1 day post relaxer lol
i'll be a great buddy guys...i love pina colodas..getting caught in the rain...not really into yoga...taking long walks on the beach....

Aggie

still want a buddy im 1 day post relaxer lol
i'll be a great buddy guys...i love pina colodas..getting caught in the rain...not really into yoga...taking long walks on the beach....

@niqu92, calling @Aggie in here for you she just relaxed maybe she also likes pina colada's:grin:

You scare me @Nix08 :shocked: :lol:.

You know I would really make a great relaxed hair buddy for @Nique92 because I do love pina coladas (virgin), getting caught in th rain and can't stand yoga, and the long walks on the beach....don't even get me started. Remember I live in the Bahamas:grin:.

The only difference is I am texlaxed, would that still be okay?

niqu92

You scare me @Nix08 :shocked: :lol:.

You know I would really make a great relaxed hair buddy for @Nique92 because I do love pina coladas (virgin), getting caught in th rain and can't stand yoga, and the long walks on the beach....don't even get me started. Remember I live in the Bahamas:grin:.

The only difference is I am texlaxed, would that still be okay?

yaaaaaayy:grin: aaww sheesh i wish i lived in the bahamas too lol its perfectly fine if youre texlaxed i used to be texlaxed about 2yrs ago.what length are you&when do you plan on getting your next relaxer? ooh and also are you a self texlaxer?i wanna start self relaxing but im too much of a punk to do it lol
my longest layer is grazing bsl but i want to be at least full bsl by august maybe we can reach our future goals together lol

miss_cheveious

TheNDofUO I'll be your buddy!
I'm also a London chica. Self relaxed two weeks ago which was an utter waste of time as I don't think it processed my hair at all. I tend to stretch 14-16 weeks but will be doing a corrective next week. Let me know if your in.

xu93texas

Oooohh!, I want a buddy too!:grin:

I'll be 11 wks post on Friday. My last relaxer was 12/30/11. I'm aiming for a 17 week stretch, which will put me at relaxing on 4/27.

I've been co-washing twice a week and wash/DC once a week. My main problem is I'm noticing more shedding?? I'm pleased with the amount of ng that I have.

I'm still looking for a buddy as well.:look::look: Anyone stretching to the end of April??

Status
Not open for further replies.