2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a DC on dry hair with Kenra MC mixed with Sebastain Penetraitt, rinsed apply AVJ then Herbal essence Hydralicious and co-washed it out. My hair feels so moisturized and soft, lost literally one strand of hair which was in the drain catcher and i detangled with my Herucles jumbo rake and 1974 comb and lost no hair. Currently air drying and my air dried hair has never felt this amazing before.

btw im 3 days post and i don't know where my hair buddy is @ nazjha . Where u @ girl?

Hi I'm looking for a buddy I just relaxed my hair on Saturday. Previously my stretch was five months (this was before I even knew about hair journey) so I'm relatively green when it's comes taking care of my hair and retaining its length. I believe that's am SL but I could but wrong

Hi ladies!

I hope I'm not too late to get a buddy as I really need the motivation right now. Don't like how flat and lifeless my fine hair looks. Am having homicidal thoughts of chopping it all off :(

How many weeks post are you right now?
11 weeks

How long are you stretching?
I am supposed to stretch to at least 16 weeks. If my hair continues behaving, I'll play it by ear and take it week by week.

Any other info?
Although I know that braiding (box braids, small cornrows) isn't necessarily the best thing for my fine hair, I always resort to it once I feel overwhelmed by work/life. Luckily, my edges and nape are full and healthy. I just get depressed at how thin my hair looks after I take down the braids. Mind you, I think the thinness is just a fact of life given my fine hair. I don't really get breakage unless I've been neglecting my hair.

Am confused about whether I should continue texlaxing my hair or strive for straight hair. But I've noticed that the dissatisfaction with the thickness of my hair started once I began trying to relax straight. Was much happier with its density when I was lightly texlaxed.

Have been self-relaxing for 1.5 years, but am not really good at it and am debating whether I should just go to a stylist for touch-ups. I always under-process my hair and i'm really slow; I can't retouch my entire head under 35min. Can't imagine splitting up the process since I'm sure i'd get the other half wet; besides, relaxer day is already such an ordeal.

Guess this is just a plea for help by a frustrated, texlaxed 4b who feels like throwing in the towel!

Last edited:
xu93texas, Raspberry,

OMG!!! I decided to shampoo again today and do a mild protein treatment because I was experiencing a little breakage, this was by far the best wash ever!!! I am now convinced that my two new products (Biolage conditioning balm & PM AWGMLS) are the reasons. This was my regimen today:

- Shampoo with Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Moisturizing Lather Shampoo (sulfate free shampoo).
- Roux Porosity Control.
- Mild Protein Treatment with Joico K-Pak Reconstruct for about 45 mins w/o heat, rinsed.
- Steam DC with Matrix Biolage Hydratherpie Conditioning Balm and my ceramide oil mix (had to drive to 3 Ulta's to find this).
- Applied Darcy's Botanical's Daily leave-in.
- Applied PM Super Skinny Serum
- Air dried
All the above alone left my hair soft and fully moisturized but of course I had to moisturize and seal.
- Moisturized and sealed with QB AOHC and Vatika Frosting
Massaged scalp with a mix of JBCO, peppermint, emu, tea tree, Olive oils.
- styled in low bun.
I am soo loving my hair right now!!

Last edited:
KiWiStyle,
Glad you're enjoying your new hair products. It sounds like you need to join the next session of Use Up Your Stash challenge to get rid of "old products" now that you've found new "faves".:grin:

I need to do more research on Roux Porosity Control. I've seen it mentioned several times.

Hey dargirl I'm only about 2 weeks post BUT...in regards to your ponderings...I think you should go back to texlaxing since you are less than enamoured with your bone straight hair. Also if you don't feel comfortable self relaxing then go to a salon unless of course you don't like/trust your stylist...

LexaKing it's going good. I have been wearing my hair in cornrows for 2-3 weeks at a time which allows me to go that long. I'm recovering from a breakage and so far so good

bestblackgirl Hey Hair Buddy!:grin: Sorry for the delayed response I was in Houston w/ the hubby. Everything still going good with your stretch? Im sorry your recovering from breakage :sad: What do you think caused it?

My stretch is going good, just focusing on my ends and keeping them healthy (so I can get fewer trims). Im trying not to trim before my next relaxer. My ends are still looking good so I just gotta keep them up.

What have you found to be most helpful in your relaxed hair routine?

Mznelly - hey there newbie! Thanks for posting! I know somebody around here is freshly relaxed. I'll look around for you.

dargirl - it's never to late! This thread will keep going as long as we keep relaxing. I'll look for you a buddy as well. :yep:

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

xu93texas KiWiStyle

You guys.. I'm not gonna lie, I took some pics of my latest relaxer results and I was very displeased with my back fat, that's why I haven't posted them :nono:

I didn't know that PM Awapuhi is sulfate-free, my inner PJ just perked up :lol:. She needs to be quiet tho cause I'm on a no-buy.

I use Roux Porosity the first wash after a relaxer, I figure pH balancing can't hurt.

This morning I washed with Roux Porosity 'poo and condish and mini-DC'd with Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk for the rest of my shower. I used EV coconut oil on wet air, t-shirt dried to 70%, applied Rusk Smoother and Chi Silk Infusion, tension blow dried in 4 big sections, then used Silk Elements MegaSilk Leave-in and castor oil on my ends and I was good to go.

My hair feel silky smooth and I have a little more body...I was already tired of the supa-perm straight look from my TU.

KiWiStyle,
Glad you're enjoying your new hair products. It sounds like you need to join the next session of Use Up Your Stash challenge to get rid of "old products" now that you've found new "faves".:grin:

I need to do more research on Roux Porosity Control. I've seen it mentioned several times.

xu93texas,
LOL. I think you will love the Roux Porosity Control, I refuse to be without it.
I really do need to join that challenge but I don't think I will. however, I do plan to use up my stash of conditioners with my regular cw. I just realized I have a lot of butters as oppose to water based moisturizers so that'll be my only necessary purchase. I mostly need them for my dd's 4b natural hair but for me as well as the warmer weather rolls around. I have about 1/4 jar of QB BRBC from last summer so i'll be purchasing more of that. I've also been eyeing some keratease moisturizers from Nordstroms Rack that are about 1/2 the price retail.

xu93texas KiWiStyle

You guys.. I'm not gonna lie, I took some pics of my latest relaxer results and I was very displeased with my back fat, that's why I haven't posted them :nono:

I didn't know that PM Awapuhi is sulfate-free, my inner PJ just perked up :lol:. She needs to be quiet tho cause I'm on a no-buy.

I use Roux Porosity the first wash after a relaxer, I figure pH balancing can't hurt.

This morning I washed with Roux Porosity 'poo and condish and mini-DC'd with Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk for the rest of my shower. I used EV coconut oil on wet air, t-shirt dried to 70%, applied Rusk Smoother and Chi Silk Infusion, tension blow dried in 4 big sections, then used Silk Elements MegaSilk Leave-in and castor oil on my ends and I was good to go.

My hair feel silky smooth and I have a little more body...I was already tired of the supa-perm straight look from my TU.

xu93texas, Raspberry,

Exactly, I used the porosity control precisely for that reason but I also use it regularly, about once a week. Don't sleep on that PM AWGML poo, it's the BOMB:thumbsup:!!

Raspberry,
We don't care about body images, I can understand your self-consciousness but you really don't have to be...no excuses lady we want to see pictures:click:.

LexaKing said:
bestblackgirl Hey Hair Buddy!:grin: Sorry for the delayed response I was in Houston w/ the hubby. Everything still going good with your stretch? Im sorry your recovering from breakage :sad: What do you think caused it?

My stretch is going good, just focusing on my ends and keeping them healthy (so I can get fewer trims). Im trying not to trim before my next relaxer. My ends are still looking good so I just gotta keep them up.

What have you found to be most helpful in your relaxed hair routine?

LexaKing Everything is going good. Im on my 16th week and I'm going to relax at the end of this week, only because My hair is like 4zzzz brillo like and I know i will be underprocess. I have an event on June 9-10 and I want to have a corrective right before the event at 7 weeks so my hair can be straight.

What helps me is the most this time is that on top of moisturizing my hair, I cornrow my hair for 2-3 weeks at a time, take them out, wash DC an rebraid for another 2-3 weeks.

KhandiB OK. yea do what works best for your hair, i'm thinking of going 12 wks this time, 17 wks was a lot of NG for me to handle to be honest, but i love how thick my hair is. i'll play it by ear.

@TeeSGee - My plan is to stretch for 10 weeks, its nothing compared to the other ladies in this thread, but 10 is a stretch for me, I usually break down at 8 :lol:

Hey Buddy @KhandiB and welcome @Mznelly.

ETA: How long do u ladies stretch for?
[/QUOTE]

Nix08 I'm still sick and I haven't put any water in my hair. I did roll my hair last night with sponge rollers. I need to put my pieces of satin on them but I haven't gotten around to it. Other than that nothing much over this way.

I am 14 weeks will be 15 on Friday....its been a breeze for the last 8 weeks because I have been on Sengelese Twist, but I will be taking them down Sunday and dealing with what lies beneath. I will say that I do have a good amount of NG, just hoping I will be able to handle it once I am out of the braids.

Still not sure on when I will relax, if I relax.

I'm almost 2 weeks post
Stretching until June 29
Recently went back to no lye relaxers. Texlaxing was doing more harm than good for me.

@Nix08 -- & T12s (Team 12 Weeks) -- @Ms. Tiki
My hair is good; feeling good; no complaints! Nix, your hair is always doing fab! I need to have your level of consistency. Did you wash today?

Feel better Tiki!

Thanks ladies! It's ulcers and you can imagine how much fun that is. I did finally try Wen tonight. It was ok and detangling was a breeze

Ms. Tiki said:
Thanks ladies! It's ulcers and you can imagine how much fun that is. I did finally try Wen tonight. It was ok and detangling was a breeze

I have been using wen for two weeks and I noticed my curls are a lot for moisturizing looking and the combing process with wet is way much easier

Hey dargirl I'm only about 2 weeks post BUT...in regards to your ponderings...I think you should go back to texlaxing since you are less than enamoured with your bone straight hair. Also if you don't feel comfortable self relaxing then go to a salon unless of course you don't like/trust your stylist...

Thanks Nix08. Appreciate the advice; just feel very indecisive at the moment :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back