2 INCHES IN 4 MONTHS (end of the year) CHALLENGE

JudithO

Setback... I had to blow dry my hair 2 weeks ago... My hair is much too fragile and kinky for me to be blowdrying myself... I lost enough hair to make a small afro wig... Anyway, I wont let it bother me... Will keep up with my regimen until December for the check in.

Radianthealth

I haven't done a hair challenge in years LOL this is exciting!

I wasn't sure how to stretch my hair and take a photo with my big ole camera so I just have a fro shot. I dyed my hair jet black about a month ago and the color has done something funky to my hair, you can see it a bit in the photo. I think that is the last time I will use dye in my hair :(

What's your regimen?
shampoo and deep treatment every 1-2 weeks,
protective style (buns maybe some braids)
moisturize every day
Daily vitamin regimen: Prenatal, MSM, pantothenic acid, biotin, etc.
Exercise 3 times per week
Healthy whole foods: Injesting 16 oz of aloe vera juice per day and plenty of healthy protein and veggies.

What Products are you using?
Shampoo : Suave moisturizing shampoo or any other moisturizing shampoo
Deep treatment : Cathy Howse or any other good conditioner
Moisturizer : S-Curl texturizer spray

What will you especially do for achieving this goal?
Have fun and enjoy taking loving care of my hair :)

I have been deep conditioning once per week.

things are going well.

I am still not sure what to do about my hair color

PureSilver

I'm carefully applying my WGO & MTEK like i planned. This saturday will give me 4wks in my full head sewin. I'm hoping to make it last till the 4th w of November....who knows maybe i might take it out before that.

I aiming for APL by the end of this challenge. Yes i can !

Pics of my 15 mths natural puff coming soon.

mEmYSELFaNDj

I'm so tired of doing hair. I am less than two weeks away from having my baby and I think I am just going to cornrow my hair and leave it alone forever. lol well maybe not forever but at least from now until a couple weeks after the baby is born. I guess I'll have to wear hats or something for a while because doing hair is the last thing I need to be worried about.

SunySydeofLyfe

I want this yes I do I'm in be back with pix
Must Include a starting pic because we will reveal at 4-month mark !
Pic below
What's your regimen?
Apply sulfur mix nightly (started consistently this Monday) baggy overnight, cowash in the AM with PJ conditioners, leave ins vary plan on using the PJ stash til its gone, DC or steam planned for Sundays.
What Products are you using?
The PJ stash
What will you especially do for achieving this goal?
Sulfur mix, MT mix when the sulfur is gone and JBCO, keep a journal of what my hair responds well to.

I havent done any of this...lol...I have got to do better, time is winding down!!!

faithVA

Ok ladies we still have 2 full months to go. So keep loving your hair for wonderful year end results.

Charla

Still striving for these end-of-year inches! My Hercules Sagemann combs are supposed to be delivered today YAY! I'm looking forward to my first natural flat iron in December. I have it narrowed down to these two ***I think***?

Any suggestions?
Sedu Pro Ionic Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron (1 1/2") with free heat proof pouch

Solia Tourmaline Ceramic Ion Flat Iron (1-1/4") plus free heat proof pouch

youwillrise

been a while since ive been around herrrre. new twists in. nothing really to report. i doubt i even got 1 inch yet. boosauce.

JudithO

I have the solia... its nothing special... ill vote for the sedu.. i have really kinky hair tho... so maybe it's me and not the iron.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

prettybyrd

I've decided to stop co-washing during the week. I haven't done a length check since my first post, but I'm dying to trim these ends! :) I'm trying hard to wait it out.

HauteHippie

^^^^ me, too. I shouldn't be co-washing as much/manipulating my hair. For some reason, I just can't stop! And I want to trim again. I probably will dust. Can't. Stop. Trimming. Just a little snip, snip.

Mom23

Still working on my hair...I had to trim 1 inch because I found quite a few split ends, and since the trim and increasing my deep conditioning, my hair feels much better. I'm still hoping for good progress at the end of the year. :yep:

youwillrise

i have mini twists in my hair...i hope i can keep these in longer than my regular sets. still taking the very very low manipulation route. i also hope i dont regret these mini twists when its takedown time...haha

greenandchic

Update from last night:

Prepoo - Sauve Coconut Conditioner
Shampoo - AO Blue Chamomile Shampoo
Treatment - ION Reconstructor Treatment (protein)
Conditioner - Loreal EverSleek Reparative Smoothing Conditioner
Seal - My walnut, EVO, castor and shea butter oil blend
Leave in - Siamese Twists, Essential Hair Cream

I think I need to do henna and/or protein treatments more often...

TeeSGee

Checkin in: I'm still sticking to my KISS regi and my hair is benefiting from it. haven't been using direct heat and my hair feels moisturized alot longer and my ends look really healthy; altho i'm due for a trim i won't until my next relaxer which will prolly be in Dec or Jan. currently 9 wks post relaxer.

missjones

Checking in: I've been doing my wash and go's. I tried twist outs last week, I still haven't found something that will make it last more than one day :ohwell:. I would end up applying more product and retwisting every night :nono:.

Damaged but not out

I know i've been MIA for awhile, but today I realised I'm half way there!

I've been horrible at following any regimen except oil rinsing and DCing every week. Washing when needed. Way too much manipulation and styling. My hair has had no rest since about August. I'm courting a setback.....

No protective twists, no supplements, no daily moisturising and sealing, hardly any scalp oiling . I tried wet bunning for a week, that was good but I dont like wet collars, sooo no more of that either.

Today though I made an appointment for Monday to get senegalese/rope twists done. Will leave those in till mid- December.

Trying to make 5 weeks in them, 5 weeks that should def give me that needed inch.

greenandchic

Unfortunately I haven't seen much progress length wise. I did trim 1/4" about a month ago and that's it. I still shed a lot, but I don't see much breakage. Can't finger out what's wrong with my hair...

HauteHippie

Decided to go up in a full weave until probably New Years day (if my hair still looks good for New Years Eve). Less manipulation in this cold weather.

CandyCurls

Checking in: I've been wearing individuals for 7 weeks. Can't wait to take them out next week cause they are lookin' ragge-tay!

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Hi ladies, I want in! I have been doing this challenge (in my head because I've been lurking until this morning). I have officially subscribed so now I can post in these challenges. LOL My siggie has a starting pic as of Aug 2011. As of Dec I will still be able to have a 4 month update. :) Hope you ladies don't mind. :(

Template to join :
Must Include a starting pic because we will reveal at 4-month mark: YOU CAN USE MY AUGUST UPDATE IN MY SIGGIE
What's your regimen? I'M ONLY PS IN WIGS SINCE APRIL. I HAVE PLAITS UNDER MY WIGS
What Products are you using? I ONLY USE NEXXUS PRODUCTS AT THE MOMENT
What will you especially do for achieving this goal? I STAY UNDER WIGS 100% OF THE TIME.

youwillrise

ive had this current set of twists in for almost 2 weeks (12 days), but honestly...it doesnt even feel like it's been more than a few days. i like that time is flying with this set, though. i'm trying to keep these in a bit longer than i usually do. i'm not definitely sure i will...but i hope i can. usually 3 or 4 weeks is the limit, but i'm hoping for 6 weeks this time around...if all goes well.

TeeSGee

Checking in: currently 11 wks post relaxer and sticking to my regimen. i flat ironed for the first time in 2 mths and I've noticed growth.. i'm gonna continue to be consistent and use heat only when necessary. My hair is thriving, im focusing on growing out my nape, so that is going to be my main focus. WL 2012!!!

frizzy

Gosh, this is my first update since joining. :ohwell:

I relaxed back in Sept instead of waiting until Nov. like planned.

I have trimmed 3X for a total of about 1 1/2 to 2 inches off of my ends. I don't think any 2 hairs on my head are the same length, but I'm working on it.

I plan to relax next month and do one final trim and get on a 3 month schedule for dustings.

Overall my hair is in good shape, I'm just trying to combat the unevenness from the breakage I had back in 2010.

My new protective style is flexi rod sets.

I will post a new photo/signature after my relaxer and trim, or before if I have to go away before December.

esi.adokowa

it's been a minute since I checked in.
same old, same old routine: protein treatment & deep condition twice a week, moisturize and seal daily.
i'm getting closer to apl by the day.
:grin:

faithVA

I'm in a hurry to be at the end of this challenge:lol:

I was thinking the same thing. Glad you posted it first :lol:

I am ready for all of the challenges to be over and get to the ones for 2012. Maybe I feel this way because I don't think its not possible to meet the challenge goal by the end of the year and I just want a fresh start.

Krystle~Hime

faithVA I also think this kind of thread is more realistic than the 1inch per month.
and I'm okay for doing a 2 inches in 4 months in three parts in 2012.