2 INCHES in 4 MONTHS (end of 2011 challenge) REVEAL PICS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!

Krystle~Hime

We arrived at end of challenge !!!
After 4 months of pampering ends, DCing, scalp massages, protective styling, eating/drinking all the vits you can lol !! now ..

LET'S REVEAL THE RESULTS of your hair retention !!!!!!!!!!

Radianthealth

I am in braids. I probably will have them in until the end of January. Once they are out I will provide an update :)

fivetimestwo

I'm riding this challenge to the last possible minute :lachen:I have a hair appointment scheduled for 12/30 so I'll be updating then. I *think* I got my 2 inches though so we shall see then :yep:

Krystle~Hime

lol fivetimestwo, I also want to wait until the last minute of the 31st lol, ridiculous, but I know my hair won't grow one inch for the next seven months so that's why im craving to do a length check now !

youwillrise

I posted a picture in the other thread, but like I said...ill also post pics wearing the shirt I wore in the starting pic and will post a comparison when my computer is back up....which will probably be this coming weekendish.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
alriiiight! Now we're talking! Can't wait! I love this challenge! The only easy one that I can actually do. LOL! I already posted my update in your original thread. My bad. I'm hard headed. I know. :blush:

For those who didn't see it though, you can see my big arse siggy. :lachen:

Now waiting for pics!!!!! looooove pics!!!!! :lick:

ScorpioBeauty09

I just got my hair done, so I'm looking over my pics and ready to reveal my progress.:grin: I may wait a couple days and take more pics when my ends are straighter since their curled right now.:ohwell: We'll see.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Great thread management Krystle~Hime I probably would have forgotten to come back and post...I'm going to do a TU/corrective next week and will be sure to post:yep:

nisemac

will try to post my pics no later than the 30th. I can say that this challenge helped me a lot--i have a regime/routine and learned a lot about my hair in 4 months that I have in 15 years of being natural.

sj10460

Don't Come for me unless I send for you!
I fell off this challenge like I do all others, my name should be "I_suck_at_challenges

TeeMBL

Lurker
Well I have reached my goal for the year to reach APL :yay: here's my progress for the year (the last two pics represent the 2in. in 4mo. challenge).......

12/28/10

5/30/11

9/24/11 (Couldn't find a pic with my hair straightened in early September, but this is close enough)

12/22/11

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Almost exactly four months passed between these two pictures.

In the second, it looks like my head is tilted back, but I swear it's not! Dh said I'm being paranoid, but ya'll know I would pull no sht like that... right? :lol:

Beginning:

Today:

PJaye

I perjured myself and it stunted my progress.

I did not:
- Use all of the shampoos listed (only the Elasta and the Quantum; I had to heavily dilute the Elasta)
- Detangle with any of the products listed (instead, I detangled in the shower while rinsing shampoo from my hair)
- Co-wash (which caused me to stay too close to the protein side of the equation...leading to some breakage)
- Use any of the moisturizers listed (I didn’t see a need)
- Use the sealant mentioned (wheat germ oil makes my hair hard, so I made a new oil mixture using castor, camellia, rice bran, flax seed, apricot kernel and almond)
- DC on a weekly basis (I opted to up my DC’ing sessions to twice a week (¡Soy un idiota!)
- DC with heat (sitting under the dryer is so torturous – I can’t take the heat, so I avoided it in favor of extended DC’ing)
- Refrain from experimenting (I’m a PJ and an admitted sucker for thick, creamy DCs *unapologetic crack head stare*)

I did:
- DC regularly
- Apply castor oil to my hair line (I did it to lay down my edges for a smoother ponytail and received a bonus for my efforts)
- Significantly decrease the amount of time spent during each session by unearthing a better, more effective detangling method

Outcomes:
- My hair line thickened
- I did not retain much growth due to over-manipulation
- My hair received insufficient amounts of moisture
- I experienced unnecessary breakage

Lessons Learned:
- Leaving my hair alone produces optimal results (it doesn’t need to be fiddled with on a daily basis to flourish)
- DC’ing every 7 to 10 days is more than satisfactory
- I must DC with heat in order to garner the most benefit from my conditioners
- An extra moisturizer is unnecessary (using a creamy leave-in and a sealant are quite enough)
- A diluted shampoo is just as effective as its full strength counterpart
- Detangling in the shower IS possible (I can stop looking at people like they’re aliens when they say they do this)
- Regular use of ceramide-laden oils has reduced my need for protein treatments
- I need to give my hair more moisture (I continually exist too far on the protein side of the spectrum; it’s always one treatment shy of an overload)
- My hair may love oil, but not every oil
- My undying love for castor oil is fully warranted (I feel like handing out free bottles to passersby on the street)

Before (left, taken in August) and after (right, taken today):ohwell:

Attachments

• AUGUST 31, 2011-A.jpg
    AUGUST 31, 2011-A.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 180
  • DEC 23, 2011.jpg
    DEC 23, 2011.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 171

Dee Raven

I perjured myself and it stunted my progress.

I did not:
- Use all of the shampoos listed (only the Elasta and the Quantum; I had to heavily dilute the Elasta)
- Detangle with any of the products listed (instead, I detangled in the shower while rinsing shampoo from my hair)
- Co-wash (which caused me to stay too close to the protein side of the equation...leading to some breakage)
- Use any of the moisturizers listed (I didn’t see a need)
- Use the sealant mentioned (wheat germ oil makes my hair hard, so I made a new oil mixture using castor, camellia, rice bran, flax seed, apricot kernel and almond)
- DC on a weekly basis (I opted to up my DC’ing sessions to twice a week (¡Soy un idiota!)
- DC with heat (sitting under the dryer is so torturous – I can’t take the heat, so I avoided it in favor of extended DC’ing)
- Refrain from experimenting (I’m a PJ and an admitted sucker for thick, creamy DCs *unapologetic crack head stare*)

I did:
- DC regularly
- Apply castor oil to my hair line (I did it to lay down my edges for a smoother ponytail and received a bonus for my efforts)
- Significantly decrease the amount of time spent during each session by unearthing a better, more effective detangling method

Outcomes:
- My hair line thickened
- I did not retain much growth due to over-manipulation
- My hair received insufficient amounts of moisture
- I experienced unnecessary breakage

Lessons Learned:
- Leaving my hair alone produces optimal results (it doesn’t need to be fiddled with on a daily basis to flourish)
- DC’ing every 7 to 10 days is more than satisfactory
- I must DC with heat in order to garner the most benefit from my conditioners
- An extra moisturizer is unnecessary (using a creamy leave-in and a sealant are quite enough)
- A diluted shampoo is just as effective as its full strength counterpart
- Detangling in the shower IS possible (I can stop looking at people like they’re aliens when they say they do this)
- Regular use of ceramide-laden oils has reduced my need for protein treatments
- I need to give my hair more moisture (I continually exist too far on the protein side of the spectrum; it’s always one treatment shy of an overload)
- My hair may love oil, but not every oil
- My undying love for castor oil is fully warranted (I feel like handing out free bottles to passersby on the street)

Before (left, taken in August) and after (right, taken today):ohwell:

PJaye , Even still, it looks like you got a curly inch, so that should be like 2 inches right. :yep: Great job

coyacoy

i think i joined this challenge in Sept.......don't think i retained the full two inches but pretty close to it. i did a good and much needed trim in November, but all in all i am very pleased with progress of the top half of my hair, which i would really like to catch up with the bottom half. happy new year! :grin:

first and third pics from Sept.......second and fourth from yesterday 12/22

Attachments

• IMG_1355.jpg
    IMG_1355.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1639.jpg
    IMG_1639.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1356.jpg
    IMG_1356.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1643.jpg
    IMG_1643.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 75

coyacoy

i know how we lurve pictures around here ladies so here's a few more! :lol: first one is from sept, second 12/22.....the last two are from Nov

Attachments

• IMG_1374.jpg
    IMG_1374.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1641.jpg
    IMG_1641.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1625.jpg
    IMG_1625.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1629.jpg
    IMG_1629.jpg
    525.7 KB · Views: 58

iamtan

ok Progress from October through December which is 2 months. I've kept the same regimen. Keeping it super simple. Although I have to admit, I have been wearing half-wigs alot and I braided my hair in four plaits.

Last edited: