2 Inches In 4 Months - Session 2 Of 3 - Sept, 2018 To Dec, 2018

faithVA

Dusted my ends tonight with my splitender. Not sure how much I took off but my ends feel much better and my hair looks better.

I don't know how much growth I retained since December but it was enough to get my hair in a small bun on straight hair.

If this year is like last then I should see most of my growth in the next 4 months.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I think I’m going to have to start measuring with a ruler. I just don’t see any noticeable difference even though I know my hair is longer. I just don’t think my LC shirt is going to get it. I’ve had a trim last session so I really don’t know if I have any noticeable retention. I’ll be back with starting pics for this session.

faithVA

I think I’m going to have to start measuring with a ruler. I just don’t see any noticeable difference even though I know my hair is longer. I just don’t think my LC shirt is going to get it. I’ve had a trim last session so I really don’t know if I have any noticeable retention. I’ll be back with starting pics for this session.

I can definitely relate. Hopefully the pictures and measuring will help.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
:wavey:

I'm a couple of weeks late, but I wasn't able to go in for my flat iron, length check, and trim until May 17th.

Below are the pre-trim and post-trim photos. I blogged about my experience at the new-to-me salon (phenomenal!), about the extent of my split ends (photos included), and about the stylist's and my ideas to reduce the extent of my split ends. For those interested, here's the address of the blog post: https://blossomingfitnatural.com/2018/05/18/length-check-trim-and-a-new-to-me-salon/

As I discuss in the blog post, I will definitely be purchasing, trialing, and evaluating The Mane Choice Split-End Treatment (the Sally's reviews here are compelling) . . . and I'm also going to try some styling and detangling and brushing changes. :smile:

May 17, 2018 before the trim. It had been 6 months since my last trim, I believe.

May172018BeforeTrim.jpg

May 17, 2018 after the trim:

May172018AfterTrim.jpg

Other photos after styling (next day, after the Texas heat and humidity got a hold of it ;) ) :
  1. https://blossomingfitnatural.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/img_20180518_140437.jpg
  2. https://blossomingfitnatural.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/img_20180518_140327.jpg
  3. https://blossomingfitnatural.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/img_20180518_140442.jpg
Overall:

My yet-trimmed hair went from line marker 9.5 in 2017 to line marker 11 in 2018 at its longest points. My trimmed hair went from line marker 8.5 in 2017 to line marker 9.5 in 2018. This means that my hair split more this time around. It means that I retained 1 inch of healthy hair in 5 months. That’s 0.3 0.5 (?) of growth per month, and 1/5 an inch of healthy hair retained per month.

That's my update. I've been keeping up with yours while logged out. :up: :smile:

Back on social media hiatus I go! (Thus I won't be able to respond to any posts here, but I can reply to comments at the blog.)

Take care, and happy healthy hair growing!

:heart:

Last edited:

faithVA

:wavey:

I'm a couple of weeks late, but I wasn't able to go in for my flat iron, length check, and trim until May 17th.

Below are the pre-trim and post-trim photos. I blogged about my experience at the new-to-me salon (phenomenal!), about the extent of my split ends (photos included), and about the stylist's and my ideas to reduce the extent of my split ends. For those interested, here's the address of the blog post: https://blossomingfitnatural.com/2018/05/18/length-check-trim-and-a-new-to-me-salon/

As I discuss in the blog post, I will definitely be purchasing, trialing, and evaluating The Mane Choice Split-End Treatment (the Sally's reviews here are compelling) . . . and I'm also going to try some styling and detangling and brushing changes. :smile:

May 17, 2018 before the trim. It had been 6 months since my last trim, I believe.

View attachment 430399

May 17, 2018 after the trim:

View attachment 430397

Other photos after styling (next day, after the Texas heat and humidity got a hold of it ;) ) :
  1. https://blossomingfitnatural.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/img_20180518_140437.jpg
  2. https://blossomingfitnatural.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/img_20180518_140327.jpg
  3. https://blossomingfitnatural.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/img_20180518_140442.jpg
Overall:

My yet-trimmed hair went from line marker 9.5 in 2017 to line marker 11 in 2018 at its longest points. My trimmed hair went from line marker 8.5 in 2017 to line marker 9.5 in 2018. This means that my hair split more this time around. It means that I retained 1 inch of healthy hair in 5 months. That’s 0.3 inches of growth per month (a little more than a quarter of an inch), and 1/5 an inch of healthy hair retained per month.

That's my update. I've been keeping up with yours while logged out. :up: :smile:

Back on social media hiatus I go! (Thus I won't be able to respond to any posts here, but I can reply to comments at the blog.)

Take care, and happy healthy hair growing!

:heart:
Your hair is beautiful.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I logged back in to ask a question at the straight-haired naturals thread, so I thought I'd go ahead and create my 2nd session post. :smile:

Second Session

1. Starting pic
posttrimMay172018.jpg

2. Current Length

My hair at it's longest is at the 9.5 line marker on my length check shirt. I will try to remember to get a root to tip measure and post it to my blog for my records.

3. Regimen

I'm designing a completely new regimen, and I'm excited! The impetus is my recent experience at the salon: It REALLY, REALLY HIT ME that my wash day can be SO MUCH FASTER. Also, I have challenged myself to SHOCK my stylist on my next trim day with how little my hair has split in 3 months.

This LHCF post contains my initial regimen design ideas: https://longhaircareforum.com/threa...s-support-thread.196649/page-74#post-24755397

Summary of my initial ideas for my new regimen:
  1. Wash Day:
    Style in a banded ponytail on wash day and wear for 1-3 days.
  2. Straighten Day:
    Straighten with the Ion Steam Pro Straightening Brush and wear for 2 weeks.
  3. Set (Curlformer or Flexirod) or Mini Twist Installation Day:
    Transition old, straight hairstyle into a stretched style I can wear for about a week that should render detangling on the upcoming wash day a breeze.
Repeat! :smile:

Prioritized products:
  • From The Mane Choice Ancient Egyptian Line:
    • the shampoo
    • the leave-in lotion
    • the split-end treatment
  • The Mane Choice Carrot & Green Tea Deep Conditioner under olive oil (trying to use this up)
  • Lotta Body Setting Lotion (for the sets)
  • Nairobi Foam (to apply after leave-in, to aid in stretching)
  • Komaza Care scalp treatment or Cantu ACV Root Rinse
  • Komaza Care Protein Hair Strengthener
  • Jane Carter Curls To GO! Untangle Me Weightless Leave-in
  • Generic Value Products Leave-in Treatment with Keratin (designed to mimic the It's a 10 leave-in with Keratin)
  • DIY CurlyProverbz hair growth oil for scalp massages
  • Asha & Miel (Etsy.com) Edge Genesis Oil
4. What will you do to achieve your goal

I've already been doing this faithfully, and I see a difference in my nails.
  • Eat healthy (am now on a plain old diet, no restrictions except low unhealthy fats)
  • drink about 80 ounces of water and tea per day
  • Exercise
  • Take marine collagen in my Turmeric Bullet Green Tea
  • Take the Camille Rose Naturals hsn vitamin
  • Take my 50/50 chlorella and spirulina tablets
  • Test and assess TMC Ancient Egyptian Split-End Treatment
  • Wear my hair straight and stretched
  • Deep condition every wash day

5. Anything else you would like to share.

Not that I can think of! :smile:

-------

At the end of this session, as advised I will post my initial picture from my joining session and my updated length check picture. My next professional silk press and trim is scheduled for August. :up: :smile:

Happy hair growing, all!

faithVA

I looked at pictures from previous months and previous years and I can definitely tell in the past year I did get 2 inches in 4 months. However, I noticed only certain sections of my hair grow at all and I only get 2 inches in certain sections.

My crown is getting closer to reaching the length of my nape. I am curious as to what happens when my crown reaches my nape or the longest section of my sides. Will my hair continue to just grow in sections or will all of my hair grow at the same time.

Why does the hair even know to just grow in sections? :perplexed:

Hopefully I will know the answers in the next 6 months and before this thread is over.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Dusted my ends tonight with my splitender. Not sure how much I took off but my ends feel much better and my hair looks better.

I don't know how much growth I retained since December but it was enough to get my hair in a small bun on straight hair.

If this year is like last then I should see most of my growth in the next 4 months.
Where did you buy your split ender?

faithVA

I stay pretty busy in the summer which is great. It doesn't give me a lot of time to focus on my hair. Last year I trained for a triathlon all summer. This year I'm training for a distance cycling event. So my hair stayed jacked up last summer and will probably have a repeat of it this summer. My ride isn't until mid September. I definitely hope to have gained my 2 inches and more by then.

It's hard to tell how much I am gaining. However, last night I put in one of my usual flat twist styles and I think my flat twist are a bit longer.

Just a little over 60 days. Maybe I can get a hair growth spurt/explosion by then.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Ok so I didn’t get to the starting pics. TBH I’ve really been so hair lazy this whole summer. The funny part is that it doesn’t stop me from being a PJ. :cry3::cry3::cry3:

Last edited:

faithVA

I blow dried my hair about 2 weeks ago. I'm at that point where I won't be able to tell how long my hair is without straightening it. I have too much shrinkage. However, I don't plan on straightening my hair until December so for the next length check I think I will just do a roller set and then blow dry the roots and call it a day. I don't think I will see 2 inches but I can live with waiting until December. I can tell my hair is growing but I just can't tell how much.

I'm looking forward to all of the check ins for those still hanging in the challenge.

faithVA

Just bumping this thread. This phase of the challenge will end in 3 weeks. I am looking forward to updates and pictures between the 26th and the 31st. So please make your plans now so it doesn't pass you by.

You have 3 more weeks to eat better, drink more water, exercise or whatever other things you do to increase growth and retain what you have. Happy growing ladies.

The last stage of the challenge will run from September 1st through December 31st.

Mane Event

Just bumping this thread. This phase of the challenge will end in 3 weeks. I am looking forward to updates and pictures between the 26th and the 31st. So please make your plans now so it doesn't pass you by.

You have 3 more weeks to eat better, drink more water, exercise or whatever other things you do to increase growth and retain what you have. Happy growing ladies.

The last stage of the challenge will run from September 1st through December 31st.
Can I join the last stage if I didn't participate in this year? Will there be a new thread?