2 inches in 4 months Challenge (Sep-Dec 2012)

MarieB

I won't be able to tell if I make 2" cause I've been extremely scissor happy for the past month:(

Glad I'm not the only one, but at this point I have just a few stray ends that are straight, so who could blame me? I am in love with my new curls, and I can't wait to see what it all looks like a year from now!

Danniquin

Checking in: I had the strongest urge to straighten my hair...but I didn't! I'm proud of myself :)

DC-ing with coconut oil right now, getting ready for a braidout!

faithVA

Not doing anything special. Firming up my regimen. Switched over to As I Am Cleansing Conditioner which works better than my shampoo. Using AO Blue Chamomile to DC. Trying different strategies to apply my leave-in. Still hoping I can nail this to improve my retention. Started sealing my ends since I have a little more length.

Taking 1000 mcg of Biotin and MSM. Hoping for at least an inch between now and the end of the challenge.

DominicanBrazilian82

DominicanBrazilian82 said:
Checking in: Over the past two weeks (especially last week) I was very serious about applying my growth aids (MN, sulfur mix). This week I wasn't so adamant because I had a heavier client load. I also had a wedding this weekend and a comedy concert. I blow-dried (sad face) and flat iron my hair (both on low) and haven't done much all weekend except for moisturize a few dry areas.

I will say that my hair has returned full circle. The health is back and the length and thickness are showing their pretty faces. My hair is super soft! Seriously. I will attribute this health to daily vitamin intake, moisturizing and conditioning. I'm already 1.5" inches in since 9/1. Ecstatic!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

This was the last day (Oct 13th) I used direct heat, and the last day I plan to do it for the rest of the year. I will use rollersets and wet wraps as a means to wear straight styles. I am 19 weeks post and plan to bun and flexi set until next week when I relax at 20 weeks.

jenaccess

Checking in, This past weekend I wash and condition my hair with Organics. I have about 1.5 inches of new growth and this product has really soften my hair.

faithVA

Have my hair in finger coils. Will be putting these in each week until the end of the year. This should give my hair a much needed break. Still taking my biotin, MSM, vitamins. Have added iron and vitamin C to my daily regimen. I am eating much better but really need to exercise as well.

Danniquin

My hair is doing good, it's been feeling nice and moisturized, I'm going to DC and try a bantu knot out! :)

Anielleday10

4 months since my big chop and i have pretty much gotten my 2 inches , one more inch to go before the end of the year! i am so happy with my growth :) . I slacked this past week and a half on my hair. I hope i dont have to suffer the consequences.

NaturalfienD

::Checking In::

I've been in mini braids for a couple of weeks, cowashing frequently during the week, and sealing my ends with vaseline. I apply MN to my scalp a few times a week and upped my water intake (recently) to increase the chances of getting the most growth.

I continue to take Biotin, Fish Oil, and iron supps …

I hope you all are doing well …

Dee Raven

I did my same old same old routine and I have to say that I am getting super bored with my hair. I'm trying to hold out until the end of this challenge to straighten because I know that if I do it before, I'll probably end up trimming it.

Danniquin

Checking in: I think I'm gonna have to start applying my Bee Mine Serum everyday, my roots are just soaking it up! I think my hair is getting thicker...could be all in my head though haha

Dee Raven

So, I just can't take it anymore. I've been this bored with my hair for a long while. I'm going to straighten some time this weekend and hope that my ends are in good enough condition that I don't have to trim too much. I never thought of myself as being a person who needed a lot of change, but I guess I do because I am driving myself crazy with this hair routine. I hope to have pics in a few days. :)

faithVA

Generally feeling like my hair isn't growing but I can condition my hair in sections now so it must be. :ohwell: I think my growth has slowed down though due to the change in weather. But taking care of it the best I can.

APrayer4Hair

faithVA said:
Generally feeling like my hair isn't growing but I can condition my hair in sections now so it must be. :ohwell: I think my growth has slowed down though due to the change in weather. But taking care of it the best I can.

WORD!! :yep:

xu93texas

Hi, checking in:

I'll be 3 months post BC next Friday. My hair has grown about 1.5 inches thus far. I hope I'll get at least 1/2 inch over the next 5 weeks. We'll see.

alanaturelle

Hi, checking in....I haven't posted here for a while but I have been rocking some kinky twists for the past three weeks to give my hair a much needed break. I plan on taking it down in about two weeks. I'll probably go back to wigging till reveal time.

NaturalfienD

Checking In:

I am still in mini braids and will be until mid-December. My hair is beginning to look overdue now, so I can imagine how tired it will look in three weeks.

But I digress …

I will be getting my hair flat ironed at the end of next month and taking my update pix at that time. I am hoping that I took/wrote down the measurements of my hair when I joined this challenge, it'll be hella hard to know if I got my two with nothing to base it on.

I hope you all are doing well …

AtlantaJJ

I wish I could tell my hair to grow 2 inches in 4 months. It grows as fast or as slow as it wants :lol:

Great thread tho.

faithVA

I wish I could tell my hair to grow 2 inches in 4 months. It grows as fast or as slow as it wants :lol:

Great thread tho.

My hair doesn't do what I say either :lol: Right now it doesn't appear to be growing a bit. It grew fast Aug through Oct. I think it is resting now. I won't get 2" by the end of December :ohwell:

Danniquin

Checking in: I flat ironed my hair last week for the first time in almost two months, it came out nice, it's very long imo. I'm pretty sure I'm almost at waist-length!!

My new growth is kicking, idk if I have two inches but I think at least 1.5 especially in my crown area! I'm going to relax on Friday because I'm afraid my new growth might start matting up, and I do not want that! I think I'm around 14 weeks post, I'm not positive though...

Anyways, I'm doing Aphogee 2 step right now to prepare for my relaxer...
HHG :)

Dee Raven

So here's my update. I probably won't be straightening again at the end of the year. I'm really happy with my growth though. :dance7:

Starting the challenge, my hair was a little shorter than my starting pic because I cut 3/4 inch off right before. So I feel like my hair grew about 2 inches in the 3 months which is crazy because I usually get 1/2 inch a month. What I'm going to attribute it to is that I've been using the curly girl method and wearing my hair in twists the whole. I gave myself about 1/2 inch trim and I've included the pre and post.

Hope you all are as happy with your growth as well. Can't wait to see at the end of the year!

Attachments

• IMG_2901.jpg
    IMG_2901.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 27
  • nov update pre cut.jpg
    nov update pre cut.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 24
  • pulled pre nov.jpg
    pulled pre nov.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 33
  • nov update post cut.jpg
    nov update post cut.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 18
  • pulled post nov.jpg
    pulled post nov.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 18

SoopremeBeing

Checking up (sorry I am really bad when checking in on challenges...):

So since September/October, I've had my hair in flat twists with a phony pony attached. Also, I finally managed to pin down a twist-out routine that works great(I only wore my hair out in a twist-out for a week, weather is getting mighty cold here in MD). I started with smaller flat twists like the ones in my avi, but I noticed I get more tangles, so I started making them bigger.

My main challenge now is retaining moisture. Started drinking more water(I hate it), and I just ordered some rosewater/glycerin spray. We will see if it works!