2 inches in 4 months (2012 Winter session)

isawstars

I just put my hair into a puff for the first time!!!! I wore it as a braid out and after work I was playing with it and found out I have a little puff. emphasis on little... :lol: but it still makes me giddy and I think i am going to begin tracking my growth this way. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• 0301122306.jpg
    0301122306.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 23

isawstars

My hair feels absolutely amazing!!!! I've started washing my hair in braids... which is still taking some getting used to... but I use the LOC method then braid and curl (perm rod) every night.... and my hair is ridiculously soft!

Just thought I'd share and bump the thread :)

nisemac

took my braids out this past weekend...my hair was happy but my scalp wasn't :( i fight with having an oily scalp and dry hair--learned this when i went natural years ago--so i'm deciding whether to braid again or revisit for the next challenge session.

the water filter has made a big difference. also, its starting to warm up a bit and the air hasn't been as dry. i think i'm heading into another 'stage' for my hair. routine is still simple: wash/condition/detangle/dc/kimmaytube leave in/twist 1x week. I cowash mid-week. i have a liquid leave in (water/infusium/jojoba oil/AVG) i use every few days. i've been wearing my puff, but when i retwist at night, i spritz with water, twist, then seal the ends with castor oil. Oh. My. Gosh. my ends love it. when i seal, it seems to take longer for the water to absorb/evaporate. in the morning, my ends feel really soft.

cordei

So far this year I have had my in a full sew in weave, afro kinky twists and now another weave. I DC when possible and oil my hair as much as i can....3times a week. My hair has got a lot softer, think its grown a little longer. seems to be improving in condition so im HAPPY!!!!!!!!

HHJ xxx

Aggie

I massaged my scalp with my sulfur mix under my prepoo, washed, black tea rinsed, now dcing and can't wait to M&S and simply relax for the rest of the day.

isawstars

I'm still doing braidouts. My hair is super soft but I'm getting tired of braidouts and twist outs again... I'm really itching to flat iron my hair because I miss bunning and I really really hope my hair is long enough to bun when it's straight. But I'm going to wait until the end of the this challenge.

So when is it over exactly? April the....?

isawstars

I purchased japanese camellia oil from the local japanese grocery store... Im excited to use it. I am currently dcing on dry hair with aohsr.... Im clarifying today then mostlikely putting my hair in two french braids for the rest of the week. Im starting to get lazy again.

isawstars

sipp100

I've only used it twice so far... but I like it! It absorbs extremely well (both skin and hair) and doesn't feel greasy. It reminds me of jojoba oil--very light, which is perfect for the warm weather. I wish it had a scent though... it doesn't smell like anything at all but I'd prefer that than something smelly like wild growth hair oil.

isawstars

Is anyone joining any other challenges or already in other challenges? Depending on my length check in April, I'm thinking about joining APL 2012 or BSL 2012. I tend to prefer challenges with less people because I get lost in all the pages lol :drunk:

faithVA

I am dropping out of this challenge. I have had terrible results trying to keep my ends healthy. Not even sure if I will have 1" in 4 months :ohwell: So putting my hair up for a while to give myself a break :yep:

Beginning of Challenge
LengthSept2011P2.jpg

End of March 2012
DSCN0159 (640x354).jpg

isawstars

faithVA

Oh noooo! I hate that :( Do you know why you weren't able to retain any length? I hope you can perfect your regimen real soon! Good luck.

I am dropping out of this challenge. I have had terrible results trying to keep my ends healthy. Not even sure if I will have 1" in 4 months :ohwell: So putting my hair up for a while to give myself a break :yep:

Dee Raven

Beginning of Challenge
View attachment 143255

End of March 2012
View attachment 143257

Oh no faithVA. Don't drop out. Just reassess.

And to everyone: Ya! We've almost made it. When are you guys going to be doing your updates this month? Do you want a separate update thread or do you want to just post results in this thread?

cordei

@ faithVA Dont drop out!!!

My hair is shedding a little but the show must go on!!!!!
Plus ur encouragement for a lot of us!!! : x

faithVA

@faithVA

Oh noooo! I hate that :( Do you know why you weren't able to retain any length? I hope you can perfect your regimen real soon! Good luck.

My ends have been an issue since my hair journey started in 2010. I have always struggled with them. So I will keep going. I have most of my regimen down but my ends still give me problems.

faithVA

Oh no faithVA. Don't drop out. Just reassess.

And to everyone: Ya! We've almost made it. When are you guys going to be doing your updates this month? Do you want a separate update thread or do you want to just post results in this thread?

I am still working on my regi. Hopefully I will come up with something. But this is my last length check until June. So not going to post anything different for April. My hairs up for a while. I need the break.

faithVA

@ faithVA Dont drop out!!!

My hair is shedding a little but the show must go on!!!!!
Plus ur encouragement for a lot of us!!! : x

Aw thanks cordei. I need the break though. I put my hair up yesterday and plan on keeping it up until June. You ladies just keep on going and make it happen. There will be other challenges.

nisemac

My ends have been an issue since my hair journey started in 2010. I have always struggled with them. So I will keep going. I have most of my regimen down but my ends still give me problems.

faithVA i've been struggling lately with my ends too. :nono: if i could keep my hair in twists it would be better. may try the braids again. other than that, i'm actually doing pretty good.

still hanging in there....

ReignLocks

My results after 4 months:

BEFORE & AFTER

Attachments

• Randi4.jpg
    Randi4.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Randi2.jpg
    Randi2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Randi.jpg
    Randi.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 45

Dee Raven

Hey Ladies, it's almost the end of our 4 months. Who's got pictures? I'll be posting this weekend probably saturday. Can wait to see everyone's results!

Dee Raven

Ok, here is my reveal. The first pic is from December, the second is from today and the third is from today after my trim. I think I got about an inch and half, not quite 2. But I'm okay with it.

Attachments

• Dec 2012.jpg
    Dec 2012.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 23
  • april update pre cut.jpg
    april update pre cut.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 19
  • late April update.jpg
    late April update.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 24